Lord Kingdom

Architects announce new album "Holy Hell" coming this November

27 posts in this topic

UK Progressive Metalcore band, Architects, will be releasing their eighth, and follow up studio album to 2016's "All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us". This will be the first record since the passing of guitarist and founding member, Tom Searle. The album is titled "Holy Hell" and will release on November 9th through Epitaph Records.

Preoders should be launching soon

Download the lead single HERE

Z4FFbdQrj5s.jpg&key=61eeb72ad0d2d15ae271

Tracklist:

1. Death is Not Defeat
2. Hereafter
3. Mortal After All
4. Holy Hell
5. Damnation
6. Royal Beggars
7. Modern Misery
8. Dying to Heal
9. The Seventh Circle
10. Doomsday 

11. A Wasted Hymn

• Upvote 7
  • Love 14

Aw shame, winter's still far away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was expecting them to follow bmth’s lead and do a 2019 release, so I’m pleasantly surprised. Should be a good album.

Holy Hell yes

Anyone knows who produced it?

2 minutes ago, pizzaistheessenceoflife said:

Adam (Nolly) Getgood, produced Doomsday as well.

Source ? So is it confirmed ? I was hoping for Henrik Udd and Nordström, they did their last 2 records 

28 minutes ago, dontleech said:

Source ? So is it confirmed ? I was hoping for Henrik Udd and Nordström, they did their last 2 records 

No source yet, just distinctly a Nolly production going off the new song and the fact that it’s identical to Doomsday anyway.

I'm so excited for this album, the hardest choice a band can make is to continue after the death of the main songwriter. Don't know what to expect Tom was so unique it almost impossible to copy his style but I have faith in these guys!

So fucking glad that Doomsday is one the album too, by far my favorite song by them.

Looks like I have another album to be excited for this year.

Can’t wait for some more edgy anti religious lyrics. Hnnnnng. 

But in all seriousness, maybe this’ll be the album that actually makes me a fan. Only time will tell and I wanna give it a fair shot. 

Judging from Doomsday and Hereafter this will be my favorite album from them, and the first one from them i truly love (others are good)

• Upvote 1

AOTY BOIZ

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Can't stop listening to Doomsday and Hereafter. Very stoked for this record

• Upvote 2

I never really got into architects before. They have always been a good band, but it's always seemed like something was missing. Whatever it was, seems like they finally found it. The single is a killer song. Instruments sound amazing, production sounds good, and the vocals sound amazing. I feel this is going to be a good album and i can't wait to hear more. I do know they have Josh Middleton from Sylosis now, he's an amazing musician. I'm sure he helped with a lot of the writing, but the guitars don't really sound like his usual style. I'm just comparing to what I've heard in Sylosis. It wouldn't be the first time a guitarist has changed his style of playing

13 hours ago, pizzaistheessenceoflife said:

Adam (Nolly) Getgood, produced Doomsday as well.

Henrik did Doomsday, not Nolly.

This band has always been one of the best because their lyrics touch upon certain topics most bands don't speak of. Daybreaker and their last album are easily my favorite. 

1 hour ago, Taylor Swift said:

Henrik did Doomsday, not Nolly.

Ah, my bad. I just looked it up and idek who produced it at this point. I got Jordan Fish from BMTH did now. It’s distinctly a Getgood Drums kit sound though so that’s where my initial assumption came from, haha.

On 12/09/2018 at 4:58 PM, pizzaistheessenceoflife said:

No source yet, just distinctly a Nolly production going off the new song and the fact that it’s identical to Doomsday anyway.

Its self produced by Dan and Josh

So excited for this album. Already loving the way its turning out from the first two singles.

This band peaked when they released Hollown Crown. It is still their best album IMO. But anyway, i still enjoy some new songs by them, so i'm waiting for this. 

On 12/09/2018 at 8:37 PM, Centralia121483 said:

I never really got into architects before. They have always been a good band, but it's always seemed like something was missing. Whatever it was, seems like they finally found it. The single is a killer song. Instruments sound amazing, production sounds good, and the vocals sound amazing. I feel this is going to be a good album and i can't wait to hear more. I do know they have Josh Middleton from Sylosis now, he's an amazing musician. I'm sure he helped with a lot of the writing, but the guitars don't really sound like his usual style. I'm just comparing to what I've heard in Sylosis. It wouldn't be the first time a guitarist has changed his style of playing

You're stuck on the hype. the two new songs are fundamentally identical to every single song they've released since Daybreaker. Go back and listen to their older stuff, if you like this you'll like their old stuff the same.

@Cam979 I don't get stuck on the hype of bands, I really didn't care for any of their earlier stuff. I love this song though, it's amazing. And i don't think it sounds like their earlier stuff. But then again i didn't really listen to a lot of it. I heard a few songs and that was enough for me to not check out the rest. I'm a big fan of Josh and was a big sylosis fan. I can hear Josh in this song. I don't pay attention to bands i barely know, so i don't even know how hyped this record is.

Nolly is producing btw

• Upvote 1