• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Voinolin said:

It's a cool record guys

@dewey duck ist it V0 or 256kbps? Filecrypt and post say different things

It’s V0 lemme fix it

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, dewey duck said:

It’s V0 lemme fix it

It's all good, still looking out for the little people with the V0, doesn't go unnoticed. 

• Upvote 1

So happy I decided check KL before I finally pass out. :D@dewey duck thank you :)

• Upvote 1

I didn't like the singles as much as the ones off TBEITBN but I'll still give this record a listen :D Thank you!! :)

Quite a good album but of course lacks being as interesting as their earlier material. Some songs def have more interesting moments and others just drag and are boring to even sit through. Closer is really beautiful.

Clutch, and now Thrice super early. You guys are crazy, hope y'all have a good night because I know I will. 

I love this, its much more diverse and thought out than their last album. I loved TBEITBN but I felt at times it blended together a little too well. This album combats that. 9/10. I will say that I preferred the rougher mastering on TBEITBN but this has a good master too, it isn't bad at all.

Absolute masters at their trade.

BEST SONGS:

A Branch in the River, the Grey, Blood on Blood, Beyond the Pines.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I love this band so much :wub:

I mean, it's exactly as I expected, Post-Hardcore is completely thrown off the bridge and sunk, there is no hurricane of emotions for me, it's stuck in repetition, not very interesting, not kinda heavy anymore, it just is and that's why it doesn't impress me at all, half of the songs are just boring, some sounds like Imagine Dragons ripoff without electronics, this is definitely a disappointement
No Thrice, this is not the way for me
5/10

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Physyadelic said:

I mean, it's exactly as I expected, Post-Hardcore is completely thrown off the bridge, there is no hurricane of emotions for me, it's stuck in repetition, not very interesting, not kinda heavy anymore, it just is and that's why it doesn't impress me at all, half of the songs are just boring, some sounds like Imagine Dragons ripoff without electronics, this is definitely a disappointement
5/10

Not heavy = Not good XDDDDD
Welcome in [CURRENT YEAR] where every band needs to keep their old sound to be likeable by OG fans

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Physyadelic said:

I mean, it's exactly as I expected, Post-Hardcore is completely thrown off the bridge and sunk, there is no hurricane of emotions for me, it's stuck in repetition, not very interesting, not kinda heavy anymore, it just is and that's why it doesn't impress me at all, half of the songs are just boring, some sounds like Imagine Dragons ripoff without electronics, this is definitely a disappointement
5/10

Might wanna join r/metalcore with those views, you'd perfectly fit there.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Lukyfan said:

Welcome in [CURRENT YEAR] where every band needs to keep their old sound to be likeable by OG fans

What? No, I don't care it's not "kinda heavy" as their past works anymore, the thing is...it's just fucking boring, there is only one or two songs that made me enjoy it, A Branch In The River and Only Us
I enjoy Alternative Rock lately quite a bit, I like Royal Blood and Nothing But Thieves, but this is just nothing
It just exists...what is that insane repetition in Hold Up A Light? 
I'm not giving this a 5/10 because it's not heavy, the fuck? I'm not elitist, it's just like a fart, that goes poof and it ends
Lyrics are not interesting, music is just sometimes interesting, his voice is amazing, no doubts...but that's pretty much it
IT'S MEDIOCRE

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Voinolin said:

Might wanna join r/metalcore with those views, you'd perfectly fit there.

Probably, yeah...but as I'm saying, it's not because it's not heavier, period

I've never walked away from a thrice album feeling meh, until this release. 

Feels like a b-side of TBEITBN, the political message they convey seems recycled along with the repetitive choruses...

I like the dronier, post rock feel, but that mixed with repetitive choruses...idk. They could've done so much more imo.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lukyfan said:

"tHeY SOlD ouT I wILl bOyCoTt ThEm FuCC ThIS bAnD"

• Haha 2

Thank You! 

I love this more than their last record 

• Love 1

Thrice will always be one of my all time favorites. The album is good, but it's not Thrice good.

• Upvote 2

Keen to give this a try. Last album was okay, The Gray was a terribly boring radio-rock song if I've ever heard one, but Only Us wasn't bad I guess. 

ohhh hell yeah new Thrice!!  can't wait to listen!

ughh HUGE LETDOWN for me. i got back into these guys with the sound of the last album, but this just seems like it was just one recorded jam session together. both production wise and song structure.

Let's face it, the true Thrice was born in 1999 and died in 2005.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just can’t get into this. Listened to it twice front to back and nothing really stood out. Dustin sounds fantastic but the music is just plain and boring as are most of the lyrics. I’ll always love Thrice and wish them all the success in the world. Happy for the people that are liking it, just not for me.

the only thrice material I've enjoyed so far was Air and Earth, after listening to this 3 times I don't think that's going to change.  it's not that they sold out, they've always been average even when they were playing whatever subgenre the first two albums were.  

this is the most bored ive been listening to a thrice album.  there's parts of this that are brilliant... and some songs you could tell me are coldplay or imagine dragons songs and I might believe it. 

I'll still check out whatever is next from these guys because they're clearly talented,