xcblackdiamond

Eminem - Kamikaze (2018)

126 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Crowing51 said:

He's white. I find a trend of white guys who don't listen to rap really at all usually only listen to white rappers. If it aint em it's, asap rock , mac lethal, icp or lil dicky. The exception is usually tech nine.  Just my own observation though. 

They think they're exceptions when they just aren't in the culture to know how many rappers are better than eminem. But even 3m has stated "if he was black he would've sold half" so take that as you may.

There are better rappers for sure, but not many, if any, are better lyricists. There is a difference between a rapper and a lyricist. Old school rap fans AND ARTISTS always praise his lyricism, metaphors and play on words. You don't need to be the fastest to be the best, but unfortunately for some, they can't get past the fact that he is one of the greatest. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

There are better rappers for sure, but not many, if any, are better lyricists. There is a difference between a rapper and a lyricist. Old school rap fans AND ARTISTS always praise his lyricism, metaphors and play on words. You don't need to be the fastest to be the best, but unfortunately for some, they can't get past the fact that he is one of the greatest. 

While I think he'll always have a spot as one of the greats, I don't think his body of work is up to snuff with the rappers that came before him. Almost half of his discography ranges from mediocre to straight up bad. I imagine most fans would say their favorite Eminem album is one from 16+ years ago. Some lines are clever, but he's fallen into a rut of using just as many cringeworthy rhymes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, akamu24 said:

While I think he'll always have a spot as one of the greats, I don't think his body of work is up to snuff with the rappers that came before him. Almost half of his discography ranges from mediocre to straight up bad. I imagine most fans would say their favorite Eminem album is one from 16+ years ago. Some lines are clever, but he's fallen into a rut of using just as many cringeworthy rhymes.

Just my opinion and many others I have seen, mainly just taking artists words for it rather than people who just don't like him. To each their own in the end.

3 hours ago, Crowing51 said:

He's white. I find a trend of white guys who don't listen to rap really at all usually only listen to white rappers.

You could make that argument with Em in the 90s, Dre specifically got him to get Rap into the Midwest.

Nowadays it's more a nostalgia thing. We grew up with Eminems best albums.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

Well apparently there is to be a part 2

Not that it couldn't happen, but why do you say "apparently"? I don't think there's anything apparent out there other than pure reddit speculation.

On 9/3/2018 at 12:20 AM, BRDSX said:

There are definitely better lyricists than em. Even asap rock(who is also white) is better lyrically. Nas, lupe fiasco, black thought, royce da 59, king los, beat em lyrically. He was just the first white boy to blow up early in rap. So it makes sense. But em has stated multiple times how his race gave him a edge.

Think how Elvis is the "king of rock an roll" by essentially stealing black music that wasn't allowed to be mainstream yet most won't even acknowledge Chuck Barry who deserves that title.

Not exact examples but you get my point lol. Em is still an has been the highest selling rapper of all time. But who is regularly quoted as the best rapper? 2pac. 

23 minutes ago, Crowing51 said:

There are definitely better lyricists than em. Even asap rock(who is also white) is better lyrically. Nas, lupe fiasco, black thought, royce da 59, king los, beat em lyrically. He was just the first white boy to blow up early in rap. So it makes sense. But em has stated multiple times how his race gave him a edge.

Think how Elvis is the "king of rock an roll" by essentially stealing black music that wasn't allowed to be mainstream yet most won't even acknowledge Chuck Barry who deserves that title.

Not exact examples but you get my point lol. Em is still an has been the highest selling rapper of all time. But who is regularly quoted as the best rapper? 2pac. 

a$ap Rocky is black FYI... I just think you are stuck on the white/black thing to be honest more than the artists and their talent, that is just what I see though.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Crowing51 said:

Even asap rock(who is also white) 

ah, a hip hop scholar is in our presence.  please, enlighten us 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, BRDSX said:

a$ap Rocky is black FYI...

He meant Aesop Rock

6 minutes ago, Uncreation said:

He meant Aesop Rock

Hope so

9 hours ago, c1rcl30fdu57 said:

Not that it couldn't happen, but why do you say "apparently"? I don't think there's anything apparent out there other than pure reddit speculation.

This is why

tori-45365309.png

5 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

This is why

That came from reddit. Haha. He has always typed like that, but I can't say it WON'T happen.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:25 AM, BrickFace said:

They sing, scream, rap and produce most of their music themselves. Yeah, they dont represent modern rap becasue they're actually talented and dont rely on good producers to make them sound good. I know youre salty because I insulted your "rap god" but $uicideboy$ are not representative of modern rap. Also, your favourite band being Black veil brides makes it kind of difficult to take your insult serious :D 

"They sing, scream, rap, and produce most of their music themselves"

I mean, brokeNCYDE did the exact same thing, but by all means keep using $uicideboy$ in your quest to promote mumble rap.

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, MyTearsYW said:

"They sing, scream, rap, and produce most of their music themselves"

I mean, brokeNCYDE did the exact same thing, but by all means keep using $uicideboy$ in your quest to promote mumble rap.

Yeah nice comparison xd How are you going to talk shit on brokencyde when your favourite band is BVB tho

9 hours ago, Uncreation said:

He meant Aesop Rock

sick htb avy my man

23 hours ago, BrickFace said:

Yeah nice comparison xd How are you going to talk shit on brokencyde when your favourite band is BVB tho

How are you going to talk shit on BVB; a multi-faceted, talented band with insane songwriting chops, when your favorite band is $uicideboy$? 

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, MyTearsYW said:

How are you going to talk shit on BVB; a multi-faceted, talented band with insane songwriting chops, when your favorite band is $uicideboy$? 

you're one sad man.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2018 at 3:48 AM, BRDSX said:

Hope so

What do you mean hope so? I typed asap rock lol. There's no other way to read what's there. 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Crowing51 said:

What do you mean hope so? I typed asap rock lol. There's no other way to read what's there. 

are you... nvm

asap does not equal Aesop. 

there IS an artist named asap rocky

which is who we (understandably) assumed you were talking about

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/5/2018 at 11:24 AM, Dwėsk said:

you're one sad man.

"Favorite Artist: Death Grips"

I can keep this up all day tbh

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MyTearsYW said:

it is going nowhere, might as well stop.

On 6.9.2018 at 4:56 AM, humbleledger said:

which is who we (understandably) assumed you were talking about

Here clearly added "(who is also white)"
'understandably assumed' lel

Man BRDSX what would you do in life without circlejerking and downvotes. :)

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, MyTearsYW said:

No mention of K-Pop? A fellow cultured man who dabbles in korean popular music as well maybe? :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Uncreation said:

Here clearly added "(who is also white)"
'understandably assumed' lel

Man BRDSX what would you do in life without circlejerking and downvotes. :)

huh

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dwėsk said:

No mention of K-Pop? A fellow cultured man who dabbles in korean popular music as well maybe? :)

I haven't delved too deep into K-Pop, but everything that I've heard has been pretty catchy and entertaining.

Most of my experience is in J-Pop / J-Rock / J-Metal, etc