Sign in to follow this  
MyTearsYW

Genre Mind Changing Thread

4 posts in this topic

I feel a thread like this would be a wonderful little experiment; basically what you would do is describe your most hated genre, why you hate it, and then other users would give examples of fantastic bands from within said genre that they feel would change the user's mind. 

I'll start: I absolutely cannot stand Indie Pop; Charli XCX, Lorde, fun., Imagine Dragons, etc. The overall sound is minimalistic in an incredibly boring way, not to mention all the vocalists share this weird drawl in their vocal stylings that make it absolutely unbearable to me.

Country (because it's country), and anything that sounds like Indie/Death Cab For Cutie (because it's too damn slow and barely anything happening).

309870369_nar02.png.0d873f258f0838c2011e001a4b8d3643.png

New Review Every Week!

16 minutes ago, MyTearsYW said:

I'll start: I absolutely cannot stand Indie Pop; Charli XCX, Lorde, fun., Imagine Dragons, etc. The overall sound is minimalistic in an incredibly boring way, not to mention all the vocalists share this weird drawl in their vocal stylings that make it absolutely unbearable to me.

For you, try out Chvrches. If you like this then try the rest of their discog.

• Love 1

309870369_nar02.png.0d873f258f0838c2011e001a4b8d3643.png

New Review Every Week!

K-pop, way too much going on all the time imo, I know BTS are a loved band but after watching some YT videos I found myself hugely overwhelmed by not only the music but also the fanbase.

1 minute ago, NightAngel said:

Country (because it's country), and anything that sounds like Indie/Death Cab For Cutie (because it's too damn slow and barely anything happening).

For indie, try Built To Spill, particularly their album There's Nothing Wrong With Love. Some great guitar work on that one, or Apologies to the Queen Mary by Wolf Parade. As for country, I wouldn't really bother, I find it tends to just be a less creative and more narrow-minded version of folk, and there's no shortage of great folk artists :D 

• Upvote 1