Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nihilistickittens

Recommend some bands?

20 posts in this topic

Hey! I'm Alice and I've been on here for a few months or so and have found some amazing albums, but there's just so much great stuff!

So I was hoping some of you guys could tell me what some of your favorite bands and albums are or what bands I should listen to!

My favorite bands as of right now are Beartooth, Being As An Ocean, Stray From The Path, Bad Religion, A Day To Remember, Architects, Royal Blood, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Sex Pistols, Touché Amoré, Metallica, Misfits, The Cure, Counterparts, and Brand New. I would really love anything thats melodic hardcore, metalcore, punk rock, or hardcore or anywhere near there like post-hardcore or math core.

Thanks for all your help!

Landmvrks, Moralist, Oceans Ate Alaska, Iwrestledabearonce, The Plot In You, Silent Planet, Invent Animate, Dependence, Vanna, Capsize.

Are the only ones i can come up with at the moment, haha.

t2DLnik.png

Landmvrks, Moralist, Oceans Ate Alaska, Iwrestledabearonce, The Plot In You, Silent Planet, Invent Animate, Dependence, Vanna, Capsize.

Are the only ones i can come up with at the moment, haha.

Thanks! Yea I've recently started listening to Landmvrks, Vanna, and Silent Planet so I'll check the rest out too

Thee Oh Sees - the albums are fun, but they also put on one of the best shows I've seen

area 11 they just dropped a new album 

You have a pretty good taste but you should step it up with some Periphery, Convictions, Dance Gavin Dance, Novelists, The Ansible...

Nine Eyes, Mercy Blow, Street Rat, Breaking Wheel, Waste, Hanging Moon, Left Behind, Near Death, Lowered AD, Jesus Piece, Third Rail, Methwitch, Homewrecker, No Victory, 2x4, World Of Pain, Imminent Demise, Lykan, Varials, I Am, Ill Advised, Miracle Drug, Earth Down, Knocked Loose, Purgatory, Mizery, Sentenced to Burn, Sabella, Guttwrench, Culture Abuse, Foundation, Orthodox, Crewneck, Pissed On, Soulkeeper, Kingmaker (now called Pains), Eternal Idol, Damaged Goods, Deity, Animal.

The Air I Breathe, Amarna Reign, BackWordz

Amarna Reign are the shit, way too underrated 

Considering the artists you dig, I think you'd enjoy:

Alexisonfire

Decoder (changed to Lead Hands)

Heart Attack High
https://heartattackhigh.bandcamp.com/

Hail The Sun
https://hailthesun.bandcamp.com/album/wake

Juneva
https://juneva.bandcamp.com/album/a-cambiata-remastered
Oceana

Oranges
https://orangesmusic.bandcamp.com/album/taxonomy
Pianos Become The Teeth

https://pianosbecometheteeth.bandcamp.com/album/keep-you-deluxe-edition

The Overseer

• Love 1

A Lot Like Birds, The Animal in Me, Secrets, Alesana, Veil of Maya (recent album was the first with cleans IIRC), Of Machines, Marmozets

Have Mercy - Two Years

Wolves At the Gate

Dance gavin dance, old a skylit drive, the word alive, marmozets, letlive :D

Thank you guys so much!!!

Silent Planet (Metalcore), Oceans Ate Alaska (Metalcore), Vanna (Hardcore/Metalcoreish), Like Moths to Flames (Metalcore), Sirens & Sailors (Metalcore), Cane Hill (nu metal), Hellions (mix of metal and hardcore), Void of Vision (Metalcore), Reflections (progressive metalcore), Hundredth (would say melodic hardcore/metalcore), Make Them Suffer (metalcore), Myka Relocate (post hardcore) , Outline In Color (post hardcore), Capture the Crown (metalcore), Phinehas (metalcore), Parkway Drive (metalcore), In Hearts Wake (metalcore), Volumes (metalcore), Wage War (metalcore), Stick to your Guns (melodic metalcore), Title Fight (punk), Four Year Strong (pop punk/rock), Turnstile (idk what they are lol), For All Those Sleeping (post hardcore)

Thank you to everyone who replied

There is a smaller band called Rumours who is probably my favorite in the (metalcore?) genre. 

Blacklisted:

Their latest original. Song starts a minute in.

Outcast:

I really like Outcast, I think the lyrics of the chorus are really good. 

Venemous:

My other favorite. 

I actually downloaded their EP on a whim when I saw it on here, and loved it. Then I found out the lead singer works at a Pizza Hut about 15 minutes from where I live. Small world. THey broke up, but just announced they were back together with a new lineup. Hope you give them a listen and enjoy, I think they're pretty talented. It bums me out bands like I Prevail get big doing covers then putting out generic music while bands like Rumours who do some unique stuff just get left behind. 

Full of Hell, Weekend Nachos, signs of the swarm.