11. Greyscale

Downloads

Support!

Facebook / iTunes / Physical

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Hell yeah

TLDR:

Overall a solid easy core album, I hoped it to be more metalcore but ABB sticks to the easy core genre that they master very well, not gonna be AOTY for sure but really enjoyable, but the need to let it grow on me is strong

Fav songs: Borderline, Drowned Out, Greyscale

(disclaimer: I know easycore songs are most of the time kind of the same and generic af, but I expected these guys to bring something new/different)

So we knew So far gone & Headstorm that were two singles, both pretty generic, I was awaiting for more aggressive stuff such as Greyscale that I thought was greeeeaaat

Strangers is as well a pretty generic pop punk song, ending is not bad,

You'll have to wait for Borderline, 4th song to have an energic song with two decent breakdowns after the first chorus and after the middle of the track,

Blurry Vision is the good example of what ABB masters, alternative rythms and alternative cleans/screams, an enjoyable song with a good riff at the end,

At this point I'm craving for some more brutal stuff but my expectations are low (yet I'm enjoying the album so far)

Stepping Stones isn't going to fulfill my desire, but it's as well an enjoyable song,

and so is Fervor, very few screams, not inventing the machine to bend the bananas as we say, but quite good

Drowned Out has a promising starting and delivers some interesting riffs & breakdown at the end,

Outrun Reality is a chill song, I expected at least one of this kind of song, it's not bad I guess,

Held Against You is the easiest of the easy easy-core songs, easily. This song could have been wrote in 4 minutes I would not be surprised lmao,

Greyscale is the last single released and probably the most brutal of the album, Abandoned By Architects at this point

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Oh this just my my shit month so much better. I have LOVED everything these guys put out. Coming off such a bad few days for me and to still get this feeling over an album…. Man I love the power of music.

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, disaR said:

not inventing the machine to bend the bananas as we say

ah yes, if i had a quarter for every time I've said this

• Haha 2

This is definitely a banger, as usual from them, it is different, but it is very much them, my easycore need has been satisfied 

• Upvote 2

I dont get it? this band used to be easycore? because in the video I dont hear that at all, so I'm wondering :huh:

2 minutes ago, peripheryb said:

I dont get it? this band used to be easycore? because in the video I dont hear that at all, so I'm wondering :huh:

the album is still very easycore, not sure which single is posted, but if it is headspace or so far gone, those are both the only real pop punk songs on the album

1 minute ago, The Top Hat said:

the album is still very easycore, not sure which single is posted, but if it is headspace or so far gone, those are both the only real pop punk songs on the album

it is Greyscale and its a metalcore/djenty song, thats why I was wondering, but I heard another song from this album and was more pop punk, so I decided to check this because it's nice they're trying different things :D

Not as consistent as TYB, but still a great album full of bangers. I'd be curious to see how an album of nothing but "Greyscale" sounding material would be.... definitely think they could pull it off well.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, The Top Hat said:

43 minutes ago, peripheryb said:

The two first singles were Headstorm and So far gone, both are easycore without a doubt

the last single, Greyscale, which is the displayed one above on the video and for which they did a video clip, is way more metalcore than easycore

(it was released one week ago, that's why you maybe missed it The Top Hat)

Yet, I agree with @Rorschach and would be stocked for an album from them full of Greyscale-like songs,

they stick to easycore but could have a strong game on metalcore scene, I'm almost sure

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, disaR said:

The two first singles were Headstorm and So far gone, both are easycore without a doubt

the last single, Greyscale, which is the displayed one above on the video and for which they did a video clip, is way more metalcore than easycore

(it was released one week ago, that's why you maybe missed it The Top Hat)

Yet, I agree with @Rorschach and would be stocked for an album from them full of Greyscale-like songs,

they stick to easycore but could have a strong game on metalcore scene, I'm almost sure

i knew about Grayscale, just didn't think it was the posted single, as i don't have a way of checking while i am at school

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

Only one listen, but i seriously think this is in my tops of the year, the more i think about the listen, i just think about how much i loved what i heard, instrumentally, vocally, and lyrically. The experiment of ideas on this album is really cool, and i am glad i bought tickets for them and We Were Sharks (another great album that came out this year, i might add)

• Upvote 1

I've been so stoked for this! I hope they continue to get more exposure! =]

• Upvote 1

Really good album, I have no idea how held against you wasn't used as a single tbh, other than greyscale the singles are easily the worst songs on the album though, I'm so glad the rest of the album is great 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SilverMk6 said:

Really good album, I have no idea how held against you wasn't used as a single tbh, other than greyscale the singles are easily the worst songs on the album though, I'm so glad the rest of the album is great 

I think So Far Gone and Grayscale are both great. Imo headspace is the worst song and single on the album

A whole Album of Greyscale like songs is a wet dream of mine rn

Victory Records. Now there is a name I haven't heard in awhile. I'll check this out.

This and Send Request just take the cake for the best thing i have heard this month, easily

8 minutes ago, vcmstone said:

Victory Records. Now there is a name I haven't heard in awhile. I'll check this out.

If you are new to this band, their previous album and EP are insane good 

Thanks for this. This will help me through the wait till it comes to my country! For me, drowned out is the JAM, easily one of my AOTY!

This is good but For The Win's album from last year still takes the easycore cake.

Didn't think I would dig it that much. What a great year for pop punk.

Pretty good but nowhere on the years aheads level