mR12

The Amity Affliction - Misery (2018)

115 posts in this topic

Seriously tracks Misery, D.I.E., Feels Like I'm Dying, and Burn Alive are all straight garbage. No other words for them

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 12

Other Releases by

5 hours ago, popcore182 said:

This is trash.

They are trying to be a poor mans Bring Me The Horizon.

Last album was epic but this is their worst effort by far yet in my opinion.

Sad.

i haven’t listened to this one yet but imo their last album is their worst yet, it was just so much of the same old same old 

• Upvote 1

Refreshing sound for the band! Just finished my 3rd listen and don't really have anything to complain about. D.I.E is their weakest track on the album but only because of some repetition . I must be easier to please by the sound of other's harsh critiques. This is a strong album to throw into their discography if you are on shuffle and need variety which is what they were lacking. I do get some of the experimental "Treehouse vibes" like I See Stars did but without a major member change. Ahren and Joel were utilized beautifully on this album! Still trying to come up with a favorite!  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

This record is trash. I tried to give it a chance. I really did. But it sounds like bring me the horizon that's the spirit throwaways.The only decent thing about it is the catchy ahren singing parts. Fuck this is bad.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

13 minutes ago, joshuachadwick4l said:

This record is trash. I tried to give it a chance. I really did. But it sounds like bring me the horizon that's the spirit throwaways.The only decent thing about it is the catchy ahren singing parts. Fuck this is bad.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.. nope 

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, joshuachadwick4l said:

I disagree about the BMTH throwaways but even the catchy Ahren stringer parts are auto-tuned as all fuck. He's a good singer anyway! Just leave it. But yeah, pretty trash.

I didn't go into this expecting to like it, but I really do. Yes it's repetitive, cliche at times and maybe a little too easy to listen to, but there are more redeeming moments for me than detracting. Drag the Lake is a great song and I find myself listening to that over and over. 7/10

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, KiLLa CaM said:

Seriously tracks Misery, D.I.E., Feels Like I'm Dying, and Burn Alive are all straight garbage. No other words for them

Nice bait, 11 reacts

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

25 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Nice bait, 11 reacts

He's 75% correct lmao. Misery is the only good song out of those 4

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

I was into it until the electronic parts.

Yea this sucked

• Upvote 1

Not completely sold yet, but I'm gonna keep listening and hope it grows on me more over time. Unfortunately I'm one of those people that REALLY enjoyed their "generic" sound from Chasing Ghosts, LTOTM and TCBH so I'm finding it pretty hard to adapt to this.

Feels Like I'm Dying, Drag The Lake and The Gifthorse are some of my favourite Amity songs that have been released in a while though. Loving the sound of the 80's style synth in a lot of these songsB)

• Upvote 1

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

13 hours ago, BrickFace said:

Nice bait, 11 reacts

Im glad. Hysterical that anyone could think those songs are good, I pity them all. It's funny because I gave actual reasons for why the album is flawed and for not liking it that could provoke an actual discussion, and that got nothing so oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Downvote 1

This sounds NOTHING like Bring Me The Horizon lol

• Upvote 4

brdsx.gif

I agree after another listen. But in doomsday and some other songs I hear it in the electronic elements and vocal effects. Still awful non the less.

3 hours ago, KiLLa CaM said:

Im glad. Hysterical that anyone could think those songs are good, I pity them all. It's funny because I gave actual reasons for why the album is flawed and for not liking it that could provoke an actual discussion, and that got nothing so oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You pity people who.. enjoy something? 

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

On 23/08/2018 at 11:44 PM, xylar said:

I disagree about the BMTH throwaways but even the catchy Ahren stringer parts are auto-tuned as all fuck. He's a good singer anyway! Just leave it. But yeah, pretty trash.

I always thought this band were better live because the cleans aren't so bad live, but on record they're not great. I don't get why they attuned Ahren so much on record because he sounds a lot better IRL.

28 minutes ago, Cam979 said:

I always thought this band were better live because the cleans aren't so bad live, but on record they're not great. I don't get why they attuned Ahren so much on record because he sounds a lot better IRL.

yeah i agree with you there i wish they would stop over producing there music and go with a little more of a raw sound. i know here they wanted to be extra polished but this still seems like too much for the direction they went in.

After the first listen I was not that pleased its not a complete dumpster fire but it leaves a lot to be desired. I think This Could Be Heartbreak is way better and most seem to really not care for that.

Kick Rocks, Black Cloud, Drag The lake, Set Me Free are awesome tunes.

• Upvote 3

brdsx.gif

This is their poppiest album to date. I won't be surprised if The Chainsmokers remix  "Feels Like I'm Dying" lol. But in general is an okay album that balances the soft and the heavy parts of TAA. Fun listen for sure.

good shit. first album i enjoy from these guys :3

• Upvote 1

At first i thought "Okay, this isn't great but it's not terrible."

And then the "Yeah yeah yeah"s came. Dear god, what a nightmare.

Pass.

• Upvote 1

This is the first album I actually like by this band. Doomsday is so catchy. Those vocals are great. 

i know im a bit late to this but i worked a lot this summer so i'm catching up. first couple spins i thought this album was pretty thin. now i enjoy more of it. pretty sure i missed them at warped

fav songs: ivy (doomsday), drag the lake

pretty good: feels like i'm dying, holier than hell, kick rocks,  beltsville blues

carlin2.gif