mR12

Bring Me the Horizon - MANTRA (Single + Interview) (2018)

136 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

I dig the use of octave pedal on the guitar licks. Reminds me of cky

I’ve been a BMTH fan since day 0 but this song has such an AA feel to it. I can’t help but compare the progression of the two.

I would pay really good money to get an album similar to Coubt Your Blessings or Stand Up and Scream from both bands. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RollAndBowl said:

I’ve been a BMTH fan since day 0 but this song has such an AA feel to it. I can’t help but compare the progression of the two.

I would pay really good money to get an album similar to Coubt Your Blessings or Stand Up and Scream from both bands. 

And I would pay good money for them to NEVER do anything like those albums again.  Their singing is sooooo much better.  Some people are better screamers.  Not those two.  

Honestly, all it is, is expectation. Because BMTH debuted as a heavy band, people are gonna hate everything that isn't heavy. Everyone's dwelling on albums that happened 10 years ago, when in reality are we the same person we were 10 years ago? Absolutely not, people change, creativity changes, just like Oli and the other guys did. I bet if BMTH started as a band and their debut album was TTS then opinions would be completely different. People need to stop dwelling on the past and realize that BMTH is never making heavy music again... It's like someone could like alternative music but the second a "metal" band goes alternative they hate it, which doesn't make sense to me. People could love heavy rock and again, the second a "Metal" band goes heavy rock, people complain that it sucks, they've sold out and they're only making "Radio friendly" music (EXACT situation with the new Beartooth, which might I add none of their new tracks would ever be played on worldwide radio next to pop artists). People need to stop expecting that when BMTH releases a single that it's gonna be filled with screams and riffs, it's not going to happen. 

P.S - Not everything that a band releases that isn't metal doesn't mean it's "radio friendly". I'm sick of this misconception that anything that isn't metal is meant for radio. It's not true. There are hundreds of pop albums that were never meant for radio. But I guess no matter what bands release there's always going to be backlash. But hey I'm going to support BMTH no matter what, just like the hundreds of thousands of fans that aren't close minded.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Alexa play Mantra

SUCK MY FUCK 

SUck My sugary Goodness

The chanting in the background should be higher. Other than that really solid. Not better than Throne as a single but its good nonetheless

I'll always be for bands that tries to renew themselves and change their sound.. but since TTS, i can hardly enjoy listening to BMTH.

I liked pretty much everything from Suicide Season to Sempiternal but i feel so indifferent to the new sound. meh!

It's aight. Definitely the most bland one I've heard of the new Bring Me sounds over the years.
Fans of them will love this mindlessly, others will just kinda like it. 7/10

Idk why people are hating this. It’s a great track

A little bland for my liking, but not to bad. Thanks for posting.

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

Eh. Mixed feelings. It's the plain old alternative rock formula. Heard it a million times before.

Not necessarily a bad song. Their previous album and singles had more to bring to the table than this. Ill wait as they move forward.

I feel like I was one of the only people that expected them to put something like this out, despite the hundreds of people thinking they were gonna go "pop". I think it's relatively heavy, obviously not metalcore or deathcore, but it still has heavy distorted and downtuned guitars, and I don't think they'll ever do anything that isn't very guitar driven

I LOVE That's The Spirit, and I like this just as much. Bring on the new album B)

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

Mantra by the old band called SHELTER is way better.

I kinda find this boring? I mean it's not bad, but just the vibe is.... meh

It's okay, it's a good and catchy song. I hope they'll try more things with the (probably) upcoming album.

Oof.

I figured they would have made a song that imrpoved on That's The Spirit's style. I actually would've really liked that.

But this is the opposite. It's like a dumbed down TTS song. Compared to singles Drown, Happy Song, or even Throne, this is not promising.

Lyrics aren't super cringy at least. Good job on that.

Surprisingly good. Was expecting something worse, but now I'm happily surprised.

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

3 hours ago, blakewarford said:

Honestly, all it is, is expectation. Because BMTH debuted as a heavy band, people are gonna hate everything that isn't heavy. Everyone's dwelling on albums that happened 10 years ago, when in reality are we the same person we were 10 years ago? Absolutely not, people change, creativity changes, just like Oli and the other guys did. I bet if BMTH started as a band and their debut album was TTS then opinions would be completely different. People need to stop dwelling on the past and realize that BMTH is never making heavy music again... It's like someone could like alternative music but the second a "metal" band goes alternative they hate it, which doesn't make sense to me. People could love heavy rock and again, the second a "Metal" band goes heavy rock, people complain that it sucks, they've sold out and they're only making "Radio friendly" music (EXACT situation with the new Beartooth, which might I add none of their new tracks would ever be played on worldwide radio next to pop artists). People need to stop expecting that when BMTH releases a single that it's gonna be filled with screams and riffs, it's not going to happen. 

P.S - Not everything that a band releases that isn't metal doesn't mean it's "radio friendly". I'm sick of this misconception that anything that isn't metal is meant for radio. It's not true. There are hundreds of pop albums that were never meant for radio. But I guess no matter what bands release there's always going to be backlash. But hey I'm going to support BMTH no matter what, just like the hundreds of thousands of fans that aren't close minded.

Thing is, I'm not dwelling in the past hoping they'll return to their roots. I didn't like them until Sempiturnal and it was then when I started going backwards and enjoying their previous works.

It's just, taken on it's own, the band name irrelevant, nothing about this song is enjoyable to me. It feels bland and overdone. 

Now put the band's name back on and of course people are going to be upset, because they know this band can actually produce better music. 

It's BMTH's choice, sure, and I respect them for following their vision - but doesn't mean I'm going to sing praises for it. 

• Upvote 1

Wow! New Three Days Grace is sounding great already! :cowboy:

Still never gonna be as good as Adam though.

2 minutes ago, SavageWraith said:

Wow! New Three Days Grace is sounding great already! :cowboy:

Still never gonna be as good as Adam though.

Did you just fuckin

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, lovedontlivehere said:

2018 is the year everyone sold out to be on the radio. Bring Me the L.

None of the hardcore bands that went more soft and had like 100000 comments like that ever had a tune on a basic radio station... Haha This is bs, there’s a line to cross to play on the kind of “radio station” you’re implying here, and this is not it. It’s still to different to poppy rock band you can hear on there. Just the fact that there’s “one” scream, it wouldn’t play on any ordinary radio station around 7am to 9pm... 

6 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

None of the hardcore bands that went more soft and had like 100000 comments like that ever had a tune on a basic radio station... Haha This is bs, there’s a line to cross to play on the kind of “radio station” you’re implying here, and this is not it. It’s still to different to poppy rock band you can hear on there. Just the fact that there’s “one” scream, it wouldn’t play on any ordinary radio station around 7am to 9pm... 

A handful of songs with screams are played on a rock station in my area, but if you'd rather I specify "sold out to get played on Sirius XM's hard rock channel," then sure. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

Octane plays stuff with screams somewhat often. And it's a popular radio station

• Confused 1