xcblackdiamond

Hands Like Houses - Monster [Single] (2018)

40 posts in this topic

Sounds generic. But i like it.

Sounds like Australian BMTH imo (TTS era of course). I like it other than the intro, where I find Trenton's vocals almost unbearable

• Upvote 1

Chorus is solid. Not sold on the nickelback-y sound at the start there.

6 minutes ago, Thejewishpeople said:

Chorus is solid. Not sold on the nickelback-y sound at the start there.

everything after their second album has been so disappointing that I was hesitant to even listen to this. 

you've absolutely solidified my decision

• Upvote 2

this barely even sounds like Hands Like Houses to me, had to really listen for it, hopefully the entire album isn't this way

What the fuck is happening to this band? You can argue whether Ground Dweller or Unimagine is their best album, and some will say it's their last one, but damn even Dissonants had so much better songs than the much more average shit they're pumping out with this album, I don't know what to say, sad, seems that the vocalist has improved while everything else got dumbed down. How can you even compare this to I Am even? That single song has more to offer than these two songs combined.

• Upvote 6

Not sure what to think. I prefer to wait for the whole thing and these dudes are great.. I hate to bash on bands because I respect the fact that they want to try different venues, but so far I’m a little disappointed. Like I said, the whole album might grow on me, sometimes you’ve got to hear the whole concept to really appreciate it. We’ll see...

first two album was their top, dissonants is pretty good tho. but this one . . . meh

sounds like stereotypical radio rock.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

This reminds me of that ''Kool Thing'' song by Sonic Youth.
Also, I am very sad

very good :) excited for the album

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Uh oh 

• Upvote 1

Listen to the other bands on their tour (Devour The Day and Arlington) and it becomes clear the butt-rock, metal station bullshit is clearly what they're starting to gravitate towards

What the hell is this trash.

They've gotten progressively more boring as time's went on, and this is just an awful attempt at mainstreaming it. 

this is not hands like houes wtf is this?

Very unexpected, not typical HLH, and will take some time to digest, but that chorus melody is really fucking tight, that's the only thing bringing me back right now.

3 hours ago, Lukyfan said:

BMTH - What You Need

my immediate thought as soon as i heard this

then i went back to what you need and i forgot how good it was

• Upvote 2

I had to come back to the site to check and make sure i grabbed the right song.  Wtf.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Kayze said:

I had to come back to the site to check and make sure i grabbed the right song.  Wtf.

Lol I did the exact same thing. 

If anyone hasn't listened to Time, The Valuator's new LP, the latter half of it gives me some early HLH vibes (at least the vocalist does). Check out "Elusive Reasons".

To be honest, I pretty much checked out of HLH after the 2nd LP - first one was good but over produced, second was meh, and then I had no reason to listen to them again. A real bummer, because I first heard them with their early demos and been to 3 of their shows now. Awesome dudes, just not at all the music I can enjoy.

• Upvote 3

i hope this is a bad joke. or a nightmare i'm having of the 90's

I don't hate this like everybody is saying on here, but it is enough to make me cancel my vinyl order.

3 hours ago, ggl3dde said:

If anyone hasn't listened to Time, The Valuator's new LP, the latter half of it gives me some early HLH vibes (at least the vocalist does). Check out "Elusive Reasons".

That CD from Time, The Valuator is unreal, and the vocalist sounds so much like the vocalist from HLH. If you like HLH I concur that you should check out that CD.

Also, are we sure we didn't get duped here, because this sounds nothing like HLH.

• Upvote 2

Wow, it really is different.

Probably the first song of theirs to leave a bad taste on first listen, hoping it grows on me however it seems unlikely.  Oh well, bring on the new album 

Edited by Kurgan
error