Chief

Erra - Neon (2018)

131 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, nas4a2 said:

Just a comparison to where they came from and how far they've come, this actually might be my favorite now that I'm revisiting this

This is indeed one of my favorite by them, I spinned that EP a lot.

• Love 1

Other Releases by

Ok after listening 10 times today honestly it's one of my favorites by them augment being my number one favorite and unify is now one of my favorite songs by them I give the album 9/10 only because breach I didn't really care for still a good song album of the year so far for me Imo

@Adec21 of rare reform never fails to make me moist.. definitely one of those albums which reminds me there is an inner clitoral lobe somewhere in my ear.

• Love 1

Anyone here familiar with elitist?? No pun intended.. 

9 minutes ago, nas4a2 said:

Anyone here familiar with elitist?? No pun intended.. 

Actually I discovered both bands on myspace at the same time pretty much. They started their career almost at the same time. That brings me back. 

• Upvote 1

@Adec21 same here lol. Both bands started off so good, I would say erra remained more consistent. But elitist did put out another fire ep after this, earth I believe 

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, nas4a2 said:

@Adec21 same here lol. Both bands started off so good, I would say erra remained more consistent. But elitist did put out another fire ep after this, earth I believe 

1 hour ago, Adec21 said:

Actually I discovered both bands on myspace at the same time pretty much. They started their career almost at the same time. That brings me back. 

I thoroughly enjoy all of Elitist, even the ones where people started getting scared because of cleans. I find their newest album to be outstanding.

• Haha 1

brdsx.gif

@BRDSX for me, it wasn't as much that they introduced cleans as much as it was them sounding like a complete different band. Erra has always retained their same sound in a way. 

Good! But fuck I miss garrison and the augment vibe, still, It's definitely worth a listen. And yes, if you don't like cleans then you probably never will like ERRA since they've always had a lot.

Monolith >>>

There's no doubt the album itself is great, so I have no idea why I just can't enjoy it, except for Disarray and Ghost Of Nothing. Getting kinda tired of it actually after hearing it for the 3rd time. I absolutely love this band, so wtf is going on?

26 minutes ago, Spike23 said:

There's no doubt the album itself is great, so I have no idea why I just can't enjoy it, except for Disarray and Ghost Of Nothing. Getting kinda tired of it actually after hearing it for the 3rd time. I absolutely love this band, so wtf is going on?

I wish I had your problem, I don't even dare to listen it because I'm afraid that it could be boring and I do love Erra :/

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lone Shark said:

I wish I had your problem, I don't even dare to listen it because I'm afraid that it could be boring and I do love Erra :/

Listen to it! Enjoy it! 

It is a Masterpiece!

C'est la vie

On 8/5/2018 at 11:26 AM, Voinolin said:

Sorry, but this is overhyped.

After listening to this AND Drift for the first time, this is exactly the conclusion I came to.

After just a few songs you feel like you've heard the whole album. This was a drag to listen to. The vocals are probably to blame for most of it, seeing as how there were actually some really good riffs in there.

J.T is such a boring, one-note vocalist. The clean vocals hardly make up for it, as they're pretty boring as well.

This band's biggest fault is the ridiculous hype over such a "just ok" record.

3 hours ago, Spike23 said:

well, it's more of the same for one.  and not just in regard to the band... but current heavy music in general.  %75 of the core posted here sounds like the same band playing the same song. 

8 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

well, it's more of the same for one.  and not just in regard to the band... but current heavy music in general.  %75 of the core posted here sounds like the same band playing the same song. 

Agree that it's lacking diversity. To hear something like Ultraviolet, Dreamcatcher or even Safehaven somewhere on the album would definitely make it much better experience for me. As much as I don't want to say it, everything here feels just too much similar to each other.

Really great stuff

Seriously glad ERRA is alive and well

Great album. This was a perfect smoke session soundtrack.

19 hours ago, nas4a2 said:

@BRDSX for me, it wasn't as much that they introduced cleans as much as it was them sounding like a complete different band. Erra has always retained their same sound in a way. 

Yes, exactly my thoughts. 

13 hours ago, unnadog said:

Good! But fuck I miss garrison and the augment vibe, still, It's definitely worth a listen. And yes, if you don't like cleans then you probably never will like ERRA since they've always had a lot.

As much as I love JT, Garrison was a beast indeed, he got me into screaming even more that I already was at that moment... 

Right at this moment haha: 

• Upvote 1

@Adec21 was this before Andromeda?? Sounds alot like that band they formed from that someone had shared in the chat a few days ago

320 added!

FLAC added!

11 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

FLAC added!

oh shit now I can finally dig into this.  held off after the initial spin for this

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nas4a2 said:

@Adec21 was this before Andromeda?? Sounds alot like that band they formed from that someone had shared in the chat a few days ago

This is from their self titled Erra Ep

it didn't have much clean back then. I should say, almost none.

Boy, this is a great gym album.

• Upvote 1

oh nice, HQ is going to make it even better than it already is.

• Upvote 1

brdsx.gif

17 hours ago, unnadog said:

yea, complaining about cleans in ERRA really doesn't make much sense because of what you said, they have always had them and a good amount at that. Love the Impulse/Augment ERRA, that is obviously their best stuff ( IN MY OPINION ) but I liked Drift and I really like this for different reasons, because well, they are different. 

brdsx.gif

Just gonna leave this here cus I feel like this ep is slept on, and because I'm grateful to be here with you all 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1