Lord Kingdom

Erra - Neon (2018)

132 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Physyadelic said:

Signal-Fire-Version-2.jpg

Monolith.jpg

Deserves a bump, fucking amazing job!!!! 

Other Releases by

2 hours ago, Seahawk said:

Quick ? for anyone actively listening. Is the quality representative of the preview? Or is it better?

@Seahawk BETTER

Thoughts after a few listens:

- The album as a whole is pretty much just Drift 2.0.  It's not really a *bad* thing to me, and it's definitely a LOT more refined than Drift, but it still has a lot of really similar riffs and techniques that just make me think of certain songs on Drift.

- The singles actually hold up pretty well to the rest of the album.  I feel like they've always chosen some of the most boring songs for singles with past albums (With the exception of Drift's title track, which is still a favorite of mine off).

- Valhalla, Expiate, Signal Fire, and Monolith are my favorites so far, in that order (Valhalla being my most favorite).

- Unify is boring as hell.

- Ultimata isn't that bad, but it's not really that great of a closer.  Definitely doesn't stand up to Dementia, or even The Hypnotist.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Voinolin said:

Sorry, but this is overhyped.

well yeah, but it's still good. 

• Upvote 1

Breach - 4/5

Monolith - 5/5

Signal Fire - 4/5
Valhalla - 5/5

Hyperreality - 5/5

Ghost of Nothing - 5/5

Disarray - 4/5

Expiate - 5/5

Unify - 5/5

Ultimata - 5/5

Album definitively lived up to the expectations. 

While Ultimata can't live up to the Hypnotist, nor Dementia, it's still a awesome closer. 

It really turned out to be a darker Drift and it was unique at some parts.

8.5/10 or 46/50 from me, pretty awesome album. 

Favorites: Hyperreality, Ghost of Nothing, Unify and Ultimata

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Astral said:

8.5/10 or 46/50 from me, pretty awesome album. 

feels more like a 4.25/5  imo

• Haha 1

Feels more like a 8======D imo

It's good but I don't get the hype? It seems fine but it's one of those things like Wage War where I just don't get all the hype 

@The Top Hat the hype is mostly based on the bands pervious work. This one isn't bad, but they definitely have something for most people into metalcore 

1 hour ago, PhantomFear said:

Deserves a bump, fucking amazing job!!!! 

Bump it then 🤘🏻😃 or make it bumped 😁

And thanks a lot, much appreciated, on my FB page I have more stuff

• Love 1

Just now, nas4a2 said:

@The Top Hat the hype is mostly based on the bands pervious work. This one isn't bad, but they definitely have something for most people into metalcore 

Does all their old work have clean vocals? If not I'll pass. Love full unclean stuff, just gives me a headache

• Haha 1

@The Top Hat for the most part yes, but not quite as focused around it as this album, impulse and augment still remain my personal favorite albums by them

1 minute ago, The Top Hat said:

Does all their old work have clean vocals? If not I'll pass. Love full unclean stuff, just gives me a headache

Even their heaviest album Impulse had cleans in most songs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dwesk said:

Even their heaviest album Impulse had cleans in most songs. 

Thanks bb, gonna go binge them now 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else like Drift more?... Drift was such a masterpiece to me and this is by no means a bad album; I like it but nothing really stuck to me on the first or second listen like Skyline, Sleeper, Safehaven, or The Hypnotist did besides Breach and Ghost of Nothing. I can't see myself listening to this front to back like I do Drift. Maybe it's just because there's some tracks on Neon that I really don't care for (Monolith and the first half-ish of Signal Fire). 

This will take some listens, there’s a lot going on in these songs.

6 hours ago, Voinolin said:

Sorry, but this is overhyped.

It’s just a matter that they released quality prog metalcore for a while now. They’re considered a “big” name in the genre. Even if some people find it different or not as good as before, it doesn’t change that they have a top notch production quality and every song they make are catchy. They know how to write music for the people who enjoy this kind of metalcore. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

It’s just a matter that they released quality prog metalcore for a while now. They’re considered a “big” name in the genre. Even if some people find it different or not as good as before, it doesn’t change that they have a top notch production quality and every song they make is catchy. They know how to write music for the people who enjoy this kind of metalcore. 

Well said, this is a great piece of work for a fantastic band. And I’m just beginning to dissect it. 

• Upvote 1

@KeybladerAri drift definitely had a stronger first impression on me as well

Thanks KL for the early leak. Perfect Sunday. <3 Always a pleasure to visit this site.

After a few listens I am sure this is their best work to date. They grew up and I love it!

Just my personal opinion.

This one is definitely growing on me faster than their previous album. Nothing new here, but still very quality stuff. One of the best modern metalcore bands in the business right now.

Monolith, Signal Fire and Valhalla, are my favorites after first spins.

This album is godly. 

Definitely need more listens to properly rate this album, but this seems to be another awesome album.  They are up there with ABR in terms of consistency in metalcore; 4/4.  They are definitely a band that "can't write a bad song."

I can't fucking stop repeating Ghost of Nothing...

• Love 1

2 hours ago, nas4a2 said:

@KeybladerAri drift definitely had a stronger first impression on me as well

I did NOT like Drift at first but now it's one of my favorite metalcore albums. Same thing with Node.

Just a comparison to where they came from and how far they've come, this actually might be my favorite now that I'm revisiting this