13. Faint (feat. masato) (2:45)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 6
  • Love 7

HOLY SHIT THANKS

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. I LOVE YOU 

Wow they actually delivered an album with minimal filler, most of the songs are great. Starts strong, then goes for more electronics/interesting stuff and then ends on two heavier tracks (not counting Twin Shadows or the Faint cover). Their best album since 2011 imo. Closer is so fucking cool.

• Upvote 1

Thank you KL for the early Crossfaith release. Love you guys so damn much. Cannot wait to hear this

Actually totally forgot about these guys, thanks KL. Also, is Faint exactly what I think it is and a LP cover?

Love you guys :wub:

@Dwesk exactly what i'm thinkin. they usually have 3-4 killer tracks per album, then fillers. This one is near the top of all their full lengths. really diggin it

That album really took off!

I'm masturbating furiously tonight.

1 hour ago, SeñorLobo said:

Actually totally forgot about these guys, thanks KL. Also, is Faint exactly what I think it is and a LP cover?

yes

• Love 1

these guys and Blood Stain Child used to sound alot alike

I listened to the entire album and i'm satisfied, after the last EP I lost all my hopes for them, because Wipeout sucks hard, Vermillion was amazing and the other song (idk even remember the name) was decent. But i really like this album, it's not their best (still thinkin Apocalyze is their best and more interesting album).

01. Deus Ex Machina  (9/10)

One of their best instrumentals by far, and the most epic intro they ever did. Loved it, it's not a 10 because this one has the entire potential to be a great song, but it's just an opening, but amazing one anyway.

02. Catastrophe (9/10)

Already out before, but still the sickest song (with Perfect Nightmare), not a 10 because the Hardy bridge could be used better, they had an amazing chance for do a fucking chaotic thing, but it went pretty linear.

03. The Perfect Nightmare (9/10)

Great song, nothing more to add.

04. Destroy (feat. Ho99o9) (4/10)

I really liked this one til the featured band appeared, i googled them before the album came out to see who tf were them, and i saw they are an american hip hop band, so that gave me hopes that it would be a rapcore/ metal rap song pretty cool, but i didnt like them in any aspect. Kenta stills improving a lot on rapping, i wish he would rap more in the future.

05. Freedom (feat. Rou Reynolds) (9/10)

Old song, but incredible. And the fact that this one comes after the other one gives you a weird sensation cause Rou is REALLY GOOD RAPPING, and this songs feels like what the previous song should be and it isnt.

06. Make a Move (6/10)

I can't decide if i really like this one or it's a meh, but it's good. Interesting style

07. Lost in You (8.5/10)

Loved this one, really like their slow/#feels songs. It reminds me a lot to Tears Fall (from Xeno), but I like this one more. And Kenta improved a lot his cleans, thats really nice.

08. Wipeout (Album Mix) (6/10)

This was the song i was expecting to be the worst one (but it wasnt), the difference between the first wipeout and this one its almost invisible, but is there, and well, it helps a bit. Not my fave, but not the worst one.

09. Milestone (3.5/10)

By far the worst one, in my opinion. Kenta sounds really weird on this one, maybe are my ears but i didnt like anything I heard. Btw, i'm not complaining for the rock style, i like that, they did it before, and it fits to them, but this song doesnt sounds as good as they can sound.

10. Eden in the Rain (7/10)

Not bad, but nothing out of this world.

11. Twin Shadows (9/10)

Amazing interlude, if i hear this without know is from Crossfaith, I would def say it's from FALILV. Like this one, something different to their traditional Dubstep/EDM interludes

12. Daybreak (8.5/10)

Ignoring the singles, this one is the hardest song on the album, and it comes after a few "light" songs, so it's a refresh of new aire. 

13. Faint (feat. masato) (5.5/10)

I was suspecting this could be a cover of LP, but they didnt put it, so i thought it was an original song, so this one came to me like a total surprise. I'm an aboslute lover of Linkin Park, and I know they are one of the biggest influences of Crossfaith, so I had really big expectations at the moment i recognized the song, but it's a pretty mediocre cover, for my taste.

I don't know why the Kenta's rap sounds like he doesnt wanna sing it, i know he tried to do the same style than Mike to fit the song, but i didnt like it, i think it would be 10 times better if he would rap as he always does. But Masato came to me as a big surprise, he sounds really like Chester (*Nostalgia*), but the combination of them it didnt work, this time at least.

-------------------------------------------------------

Album general review (7.5/10)

Great album. They already reached pretty high with their past 2 albums, so at this point it's hard to do something better (i would even say "listenable"),  the majority of bands can't do good albums after a really good one or after a few goods, but they still having they essence intact and still testing new things, i appreciate that. 

Really solid album, with some things (like all  the albums), but pretty dope. I'm a huge fan of their EDM/Dubstep phase, so I'm expecting to see if they can do something like this and including that too, would be an interesting thing to check.

(Again, thanks for the leak, even more having on mind that this album will come out the next friday hahaha you are a angel)

• Upvote 1

I'm halfway through the album and I loooove it, really ! Going to buy it for sure !

But... Lost In You sounds like every other band trying to record their Drown imo

But I love the album, I can't wait to see them live again, they really deliver !

Destroy has some Circle of Dust vibes in some parts and Make a Move has Celldweller vibes in some parts. I love it. Album overall is great, chorus in Lost in You is beautiful, most of the songs are catchy. Catastrophe and Perfect Nightmare are both very heavy and have amazing breakdowns. Wipeout is cool, Eden in the Rain is probably my favorite, Twin Shadows is a beautiful interlude and Daybreak is a perfect heavy closure (not counting Faint). I think Faint could've been better but as long as it sounds good I'm ok with that. Not sure what to think about Milestone, it's not the type of music I like and listen to, but from a different perspective it's a good track I'd say.

Edit: I wrote Faith instead of Faint and yes I'm retarded

22 minutes ago, Lukyfan said:

Destroy has some Circle of Dust vibes in some parts and Make a Move has Celldweller vibes in some parts. I love it. Album overall is great, chorus in Lost in You is beautiful, most of the songs are catchy. Catastrophe and Perfect Nightmare are both very heavy and have amazing breakdowns. Wipeout is cool, Eden in the Rain is probably my favorite, Twin Shadows is a beautiful interlude and Daybreak is a perfect heavy closure (not counting Faith). I think Faith could've been better but as long as it sounds good I'm ok with that. Not sure what to think about Milestone, it's not the type of music I like and listen to, but from a different perspective it's a good track I'd say.

How the hell are you misspelling a song by Linkin Park so bad?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Dwesk said:

How the hell are you misspelling a song by Linkin Park so bad?

Yeah that's what I get for listening too much songs with similar name, thanks for making me aware of my embarrassing mistake

• Upvote 1

This fucking rips! They finally found a way to make a full album interesting! I really dig that song with Rou, it's a great fit.

The LP cover was a bit underwhelming; but the rest of this I'm still furiously masturbating to. 

Crossfaith has been my favorite metal band for years. Kinda sucks to say it, but this is their worst full album to date imo. Overall a bit disappointed, but I did over hype the new album a bit after those first 2 (amazing) singles. Some of the worst cleans from their discography are found in the middle of the album, and pretty much ruin what could have been decent tracks. I'm glad others dig it still, as I'd love for Crossfaith to make it big. A little bittersweet for me, but they've got some good tracks from recent EPs to jam to still. It's the typical crossfaith album, still has some good stuff on it no doubt... But those singles really gave me hope for an AOTY contender.

Standouts: Nightmare, Catastrophe, Daybreak.

Other good songs: Make a move, destroy, faint

Decent/Alright: Edin in the rain

Good songs, but not new by any means... why are even on this album??: Wipeout, Freedom

N/A: Ex machina, twin shadows

To be removed from my library: the rest of them

Edit: after 3-4 more listens, I've warmed up a little bit more to it! But I still think it's far from a consistent, no-filler album like others here have said ;p

320 added!

• Love 1

FLAC added!

Not sure how I feel about this, it feels too mellow to me at least for Crossfaith. I will re-listen though just seems very average to me 

Really liked the first half but the second half goes down way hill for me.

Faint sounds way too much like the original to be interesting imo, especially the chorus. Why bother putting a cover on your album if you're not going to put your own spin on it

• Confused 1

This band is a hit or miss for me. This whole album is a hit. Easily my favorite from them. So good! For some reason they sound like Motionless In White on some of these songs and that's totally okay. 

• Love 1

This is awesome. My personal favorite of them. So much energy and identity in each song. Features are on point.