Hope

From First to Last - Surrender (Single) (2018)

48 posts in this topic

1280x1280.jpg

Release - July 23, 2018
Genre - Post-Hardcore
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR/FLAC

Tracklist:

01. Surrender (3:02)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Sonny on this?

1 minute ago, Doninger said:

Sonny on this?

YEEEEAH BOIIIIII

I don't understand why someone would willingly choose mp3 over the itunes/m4a download they're offering for free.

Edit : Turns out they were only giving away the MP3 version, through skrillex's website.

• Upvote 1

It's funny that his lyrics were 10X better when he was pretty much a kid. 

• Upvote 1

Glad they’re back but this is meh

Reminds of The Used from 7-8 years ago

• Upvote 1

Not as good as Make War :(

I'd even go a step further and say Dead Trees was better. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I loved Dead Trees.

• Upvote 2

i just revisited Heroine (not as cool as it sounds). Love that album. I feel like the FFTL world wasn't ready for how awesome it was. Anyways, I had no idea the original gang was back together. Hopefully they still have some good music in them.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

MMM, not really a fan of this one.

27 minutes ago, darnocdarnoc said:

Not as good as Make War :(

I'd even go a step further and say Dead Trees was better. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I loved Dead Trees.

Yes, Dead Trees was fucking great. Not just because it had Spencer Sotelo from PERIPHERY on it, no, I loved how everything sounded. Best track there is the title track imo!

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

Well ain't this a surprise. Wasn't this played at their shows? I thinks it's been around for a few months.. weird that it finally surfaced as a single to download/purchase etc.

Spencer its not your fault forgive these cunts 

Dead Trees is number one. The production and vocals are just pristine. Such a clean sounding masterpiece front to back. 

• Upvote 2

Its alright I like Make War more though, hope theres a new album coming :D

54 minutes ago, Astral said:

MMM, not really a fan of this one.

Yes, Dead Trees was fucking great. Not just because it had Spencer Sotelo from PERIPHERY on it, no, I loved how everything sounded. Best track there is the title track imo!

I liked I Solemnly Swear, Electrified, and I Don't Wanna Live In The Real World the most haha, but to each their own.

No one is going to mention the dear diary album? Maybe I never listened to anything from them after that...

• Upvote 3

This is very NOT Dead Trees. Like, at all. Sounds like a very different, and less exciting, band.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, surrendersky said:

Reminds of The Used from 7-8 years ago

Yea I can see that with a synth vibe. Overall not feeling it.

Would have to hear more.

It's nowhere near the huge progression they made with Sonny on the Heroine album but it's a fun track and I actually like it

I think I am one of the few who really enjoys their self-titled album and Throne To The Wolves. I like Dead Trees, has some good songs but doesn't REALLY feel like FFTL. I will withhold judgment until the full release is out, decent song though. Their albums def go in order from start to finish for me though... I guess you could say they go from first to last.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

I think I am one of the few who really enjoys their self-titled album and Throne To The Wolves. I like Dead Trees, has some good songs but doesn't REALLY feel like FFTL. I will withhold judgment until the full release is out, decent song though. Their albums def go in order from start to finish for me though... I guess you could say they go from first to last.

I actually got into FFTL from their self titled, and Throne to the Wolves is great too. Personally wish Matt Good would just go back to lead vocals.

• Upvote 1

I think the lyrics are dumb but the song itself is aight.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

I actually got into FFTL from their self titled, and Throne to the Wolves is great too. Personally wish Matt Good would just go back to lead vocals.

They were definitely on the heavier side with Matt, I liked the albums with each singer a lot but i am not sure this new one will be a great comeback, I could be wrong and I hope I am.

• Upvote 1

So cool if they went full pop-punk

Finally listened to the song. Honestly is really nice. Has a few similarities to Make War. But still very different.. I'm very happy that Sonny "is" in fact back in the band permanently. Honestly though Make War was just a one off like "oh hey man how you doing let's do a song" kind of thing. You can really hear the Skrillex electronics playing along. Lol I'm surprised you guys didn't add in Skrillexcore with the post hardcore tag