LKA

Beartooth - Disease / Believe / Infection (Singles) (2018)

139 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SHINEBOXX said:

I hope this is a demo cause this is super meh. Not "masterpiece" worthy like Shomo said it would be. Sounds like anything they have released before. Maybe a bit heavier than anything on Aggressive but not as good or heavy as Disgusting or the Sick EP. I am kinda disappointed that they fell off.. Maybe its the labels choice and if so they should fight to leave Red Bull Records so that they can get their fans back. The album better be better this this.. 

Pretty sure they can write whatever they want, not what their fans want.

• Upvote 4

How can people say nothing touches the EP when it's only 4 tracks? They had just started the band, their 4 first tracks don't define their sound. I do LOVE the EP, but it's not a true representation of what Beartooth is about. Disgusting was a great debut, phenomenal actually and everyone's hating on Aggressive. But Aggressive is a phenomenal album as well, it has it's slow and clean moments as well as gruesome heavy moments too. IMO Aggressive was them finally solidifying the sound they wanted. I'm sorry, but an EP and a debut in my opinion doesn't defy their sound as it is their FIRST album. If you only like the EP, which is only 4 songs, are you really a true fan of the band? No, most likely not. This new track is a banger. It's exactly everything I'd expect from a Beartooth record, I'm pumped for this new album.

24 minutes ago, Voinolin said:

Pretty sure they can write whatever they want, not what their fans want.

Im not saying they are writing for their fans, I am saying that maybe the band has no control because of RBR being a semi mainstream label. And because of that they are losing fans, so maybe they need to leave RBR to save their fan base. Ultimately up to them though... I don't see their fan base growing any time soon with this sub-par song. If the album isnt as heavy as Sick EP and Disgusting then they will lose more fans and eventually break up due to lack of support. Fans are everything to an artist/band. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SHINEBOXX said:

Im not saying they are writing for their fans, I am saying that maybe the band has no control because of RBR being a semi mainstream label. And because of that they are losing fans, so maybe they need to leave RBR to save their fan base. Ultimately up to them though... I don't see their fan base growing any time soon with this sub-par song. If the album isnt as heavy as Sick EP and Disgusting then they will lose more fans and eventually break up due to lack of support. Fans are everything to an artist/band. 

yea, I agree, not every band has the freedom to " write whatever they want " on a label, many labels call the shots and push them in a certain direction since they are the ones putting the money up. Bands normally do not get that much freedom until they have proven themselves and for an extended period of time. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

yea, I agree, not every band has the freedom to " write whatever they want " on a label, many labels call the shots and push them in a certain direction since they are the ones putting the money up. Bands normally do not get that much freedom until they have proven themselves and for an extended period of time. 

That's somewhat true. Crown The Empire is a perfect reflection of that, the label writes their songs and they perform them. That's why David left. BUT I don't think that's the case with Beartooth and the reason why is because that was the EXACT reason he left Attack Attack and started Beartooth. Attack Attack was writing songs that the label wanted at the time and all they cared about was the money. Caleb left and started Beartooth so he could put out music he wanted, not what the label wanted. So I think the label is obviously trying to push them in a certain direction and they may be following, but I think the label has a small bit to do with the music they've been putting out. I could be wrong, I just feel this is accurate cause he left Attack Attack for that reason.

Im really curious on how this record is gonna to sound like. 

4 hours ago, shfydgi said:

Two listens in, I do hope the album is Disgusting levels of heavy and this is just one of the softer songs

Ya im with you @shfydgi really hope its a lot like Disgusting cuz that was my fav album from them.

Really tho?? I read the replies before checking it out and got a little worried I was expecting too much. But I just heard it and it sounds a lot better than what the comments made it out to be

• Love 1

I can't believe this band stills being a thing.

He needs to talk with Johnny Frank and bring AA! back or start something new

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Their EP is their best music so far, but that's not saying much when Aggressive was just okay.

I think, like most people, I was expecting the band to keep with the sound the first EP had.

This song is fine, but not anything i'll be keeping in my library. The album still has potential, so don't write it off yet.

I miss Attack Attack.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Sounds like Beartooth. I like it. 

Dont get how their EP was the best. But oh well. 

To me this sounds sorta like a mixing of the sounds they had on Disgusting and Aggressive. It sounds awkward at times but tbh I think I like it. 

15 minutes ago, The Top Hat said:

Cause it was so raw and aggressive

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, The Top Hat said:

Because it was disgustingly sick B)

• Haha 1

Guest Staticnightmares

Not bad but nothing that special either honestly

One of the weirdest mixes I've heard in a little while. Sounds like more of a Demo.

Anyway. It missing any punchiness that the older Beartooth albums had. (Sick, Disgusting) And that is kind of a disappointment. I'm scared this is gonna be the only good track on the record.

This is alright. Mediocre. But at least it's not terrible. B)

7 hours ago, Adexus said:

Sounds decent, I don't think the light/heavy moments mix that well together though, it's a bit jarring.

That comment just discouraged me because that’s what I was afraid of..... Their last album really didn’t do it for me.. 

two more songs leaked, both sounds closer to aggressive or might even poppier

Never understood the love for these guys. Its odd cause Caleb in attack attack was one of the first unclean vocalist i really dug. Than when he started singing I just dont like it. It always sounds whiny to me and the melody's sound recycled. 

• Love 1

Added two more singles!

• Love 2

if anything they are consistent.  

nothing groundbreaking, but I enjoy all 3 of them. 

14 minutes ago, prsjunkie said:

Never understood the love for these guys. Its odd cause Caleb in attack attack was one of the first unclean vocalist i really dug. Than when he started singing I just dont like it. It always sounds whiny to me and the melody's sound recycled. 

The last AA! album shits all over Beartooth IMO

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Okay i like all of these songs, in my eyes they are better than most of stuff off aggressive. Sick and Disgusting still looking like their best work though, I hope they can prove me wrong 

Man, these just aren't very impressive. I hate to rehash the common sentiment, but these aren't nearly as good as their debut album. Not even as good as Agressive, in my opinion. I don't know where Caleb's lust for a psychotic catharsis went, but maybe he is just in a better place mentally these days.