Blue

Bullet for My Valentine - Gravity (Limited Edition) (2018)

218 posts in this topic

Thanks a million!

Overall id give it 8.5/10 Breathe Underwater is one of the best songs ive ever heard tho, cant wait for the bonus tracks.

• Like 1

I liked temper temper way more then this so disappointing 

• Like 1

Only thing that I'm saving is Don't Need You, and fuck it was released a year before the actual album. 

Bad BFMV, really bad.

Why Bullet why? You shocked everyone with Venom in 2015, three years later you put out Temper Temper 2.0

Those 15 year old angry teenager breakup lyrics tho.

In the beginning when Matt sings "Give me a reason........ Give me a reason..... Give me a reason WHY I SHOULD GIVE A FUCK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" I couldn't stop laughing. Hearing a 38 year old man sing this like he's a teenager who just got out of a toxic 2 month relationship instead of a marriage is pretty damn funny.

2/10

• Love 1

Track 07 when he says so confuse its like hes about to sing doomed by bmth lol

Does this album hold a candle to Scream, Aim, Fire? (i think S.A.F. was a masterpiece)

I honestly think that the controversy with this album is Matt's vocals. The mixing on them is quite atrocious, and it sounds like his vocal type doesn't blend well to this style of music. I didn't mind the instrumentals, actually thinking some of them were pretty decent, but Matt's vocals made the cohesion of the band sound like 2 very separate parts not matching with each other.

This is just...puff, nothing too interesting, nothing too horrible, it's just there, sometimes screams, most of the time lies on the ground...pulled by the Gravity
6/10

Favourite Tracks: Leap Of Faith, Coma, Don't Need You

I’m not feeling this at all 

I mean I don't HATE it. But fuck, it's still disappointing. Hearing the singles I thought it'd be much better. Don't Need You, Over It, and Piece of Me are definitely the best songs off it. The only song I hate is The Very Last Time (the fuck were they thinking). Breathe Underwater is good, I can always appreciate an acoustic song, nothing wrong with stripping down raw for a song or even an EP or album. The other songs sounded the same the first listen but on the second listen I enjoyed it. Although it's still their worst release, even Temper Temper was better than this lol

5 hours ago, Gerard Way said:

Why Bullet why? You shocked everyone with Venom in 2015, three years later you put out Temper Temper 2.0

Those 15 year old angry teenager breakup lyrics tho.

In the beginning when Matt sings "Give me a reason........ Give me a reason..... Give me a reason WHY I SHOULD GIVE A FUCK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" I couldn't stop laughing. Hearing a 38 year old man sing this like he's a teenager who just got out of a toxic 2 month relationship instead of a marriage is pretty damn funny.

2/10

You realize this album is about his divorce with his wife right? That's a hell of a lot bigger than just a "teenage breakup."

4 hours ago, invaderhemp said:

You realize this album is about his divorce with his wife right? That's a hell of a lot bigger than just a "teenage breakup."

I think he means the lyrics sound LIKE he's getting out of a 2 month teenage relationship, rather than a marriage (which he's aware of).

There's a 320 version fyi. I don't feel comfortable sharing it myself, and I don't know policy on redirecting, but it came from a site called music riders. Not the deluxe, but 320, just listened to it all.

48 minutes ago, Frankie158 said:

There's a 320 version fyi. I don't feel comfortable sharing it myself, and I don't know policy on redirecting, but it came from a site called music riders. Not the deluxe, but 320, just listened to it all.

Just downloaded the Music Riders version it and checked the spectrals. It has a hard shelf at 16khz which usually indicates a transcode. This version actually has spectrals that occasionally go above 16khz, so you'd be better off with this one for the moment. You can save space and get ever so slightly better quality <3

46 minutes ago, riku2k16 said:

Just downloaded the Music Riders version it and checked the spectrals. It has a hard shelf at 16khz which usually indicates a transcode. This version actually has spectrals that occasionally go above 16khz, so you'd be better off with this one for the moment. You can save space and get ever so slightly better quality <3

Oh yea, I kinda figured. Something seemed off about it, but I didn't bother checking it out in Reaper or anything :P

if there was a 320 it would be posted..... @riku2k16 @Frankie158

2 hours ago, BRDSX said:

Yeah, I know, Y'all do good work here. As a former member of What.CD I just like to look at things and verify. Just me being a dork.

5 hours ago, BRDSX said:

Oh yea? Guessing this is basically 'the' place for early leaks than hey? Good to know

This album is pretty decent. Not nearly as good as Venom, but way better than Temper Temper and a little bit better than Fever. 

Favorite songs: Piece of Me, Leap of Faith, Letting Go, and Coma.

i like over it a lot, but I like the original version better

What the hell happened here? This album is weak.

I can respect the attempt to diversify themselves, but there is nothing to keep your attention, no catch. Not what I was expecting.

• Like 1

Maybe it'll grow on me, but in my opinion the second worst album by my all-time favorite band. Worst being Temper Temper. After the singles I really had high hopes, but everything that hadn't been released sounds very similar and flat. No guitar solos, no heavy songs. Some of the new songs are catchy, and will be played again I'm sure, but overall it's a let down. 7.5/10 because the 4 singles were all amazing songs.

9 hours ago, mgaffney542 said:

This album is pretty decent. Not nearly as good as Venom, but way better than Temper Temper and a little bit better than Fever. 

9 hours ago, mgaffney542 said:

Um, Over it wasn't re-recorded. Don't Need You supposedly was but it doesn't really sound any different.

Thanks for this! looking forward to checking it out 

This being 320kbps wont save how poorly it was mixed and executed.

As i thought, "Don't need you" is the only song worth the listen. The rest is repetitive and/or cringy af.  This is a good album for kids/young adults that doesn't know shit in music. BFMV was great when i was 15, now i'm 26, i grew up...they obivously did not.

@Satan's Favourite two original tracks "Breaking Out' and "Crawling" , A "Letting You Go" remix and Imagine Dragons "Radioactive" cover

• Like 1

Spent too much time in between releases to come up with something sub par. a handful of the tracks would've been alright if this was considered a side project.. the new drummer does nothing special and Matt / Michael's guitar talents were left laying in the garbage can. Hopefully the albums sales fail, in order for them to go back to their roots.

Complete crap, as expected.

Such a shame, that first EP and The Poison were absolute gold when they came out....from their its been so downhill and trash.