Lord Kingdom

As I Lay Dying - My Own Grave [Single] (2018)

152 posts in this topic

So tim is pretty much indisputably a shitty person, but the musics aight. It doesnt make you a bad person to listen to music made by a bad person 👍

Also i skimmed through the comments and didnt see anyone make the worlds easiest joke here: Why is the song called my own grave and not my wife's grave?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Other Releases by

Guest disposablehero

Look at all the high and mighty judges of character in this thread, holy shit.  Who Tim was isn't our call to judge.  The past is in the past, look forward to the future.  With singles like this, it's fucking bright.  Blew me right the fuck away, AILD is fucking back!

I love this band for their music.  So glad they are back.  Can't wait to see them live!

YESSSS!!!
HOLY SHIT! I didn't expect it to come out this soon!

When I heard those 45 seconds that they posten on ther FB page, I got so excited, as I never have been excited before in my whole life.

AILD is (one of) my favorite bands, and definitely THE best metalcore band ever.

For the past few years I felt sad for all that happened and hoped for a comeback.

Wovenwar was awesome, but it wasn't the same thing.

Regarding Tim, he's an asshole but still a great musician. Like people said, I love their music, not THEM (I do admire Nick Hipa and Phil Sgrosso's guitar skills, and consider them grerat musicians and admire them as musicians, as I cannot deny Tim is great at composing and singing, despite what he did being horrid).

BTW, it is the original lineup back together, they just posted the official video on their FB page

I haven't been so hyped and looking forward for an album ever!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tuti Bins said:

YESSSS!!!
HOLY SHIT! I didn't expect it to come out this soon!

When I heard those 45 seconds that they posten on ther FB page, I got so excited, as I never have been excited before in my whole life.

AILD is (one of) my favorite bands, and definitely THE best metalcore band ever.

For the past few years I felt sad for all that happened and hoped for a comeback.

Wovenwar was awesome, but it wasn't the same thing.

Regarding Tim, he's an asshole but still a great musician. Like people said, I love their music, not THEM (I do admire Nick Hipa and Phil Sgrosso's guitar skills, and consider them grerat musicians and admire them as musicians, as I cannot deny Tim is great at composing and singing, despite what he did being horrid).

BTW, it is the original lineup back together, they just posted the official video on their FB page

I haven't been so hyped and looking forward for an album ever!

Yes

• Upvote 1

Update:

They just posted the Video Clip on youtube as well, as well as the lyrics

the lies, the weight, deceit, decay

the lies, the weight
it’s clear i lost my way
deceit, decay
decomposing

i thought i was an architect but i was just moving dirt
stacking mud over malice covered-up forming nothing but a pile of hurt
i hadn’t been building (building)
the time was spent digging (digging)
boring the barriers that kept others away (away)
the deeper the walls the less anyone could hear (hear me) fall

so now i know there is no one else to blame

buried alive inside of my own grave
and there's no one else to blame
inside of my own grave

beneath my lies
delusional enough to think i’d designed something great
like a giant headstone inscribed to describe my shameful fate
an ugly truth from which there was no way to escape (escape)
nowhere left to hide and then finally forced to face what i’d become

buried alive inside of my own grave (my grave)
what i’d become
buried alive inside my own grave

beneath my pride crushing me
beneath my lies collapsing
but we are still alive
we are still alive

MY OWN GRAVE
the lies and the weight, i know i lost my way (my way)
what i’d become
buried alive… buried alive

finally forced to face what i’d become
what i’d become in my own grave (buried)
in my own grave (alive)

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Tuti Bins said:

Update:

They just posted the Video Clip on youtube as well, as well as the lyrics

the lies, the weight, deceit, decay

the lies, the weight
it’s clear i lost my way
deceit, decay
decomposing

i thought i was an architect but i was just moving dirt
stacking mud over malice covered-up forming nothing but a pile of hurt
boring the barriers that kept others away (away)
the deeper the walls the less anyone could hear (hear me) fall

so now i know there is no one else to blame

inside of my own grave

beneath my lies
delusional enough to think i’d designed something great
like a giant headstone inscribed to describe my shameful fate
an ugly truth from which there was no way to escape (escape)
nowhere left to hide and then finally forced to face what i’d become

what i’d become
buried alive inside my own grave

beneath my pride crushing me
beneath my lies collapsing
but we are still alive
we are still alive

MY OWN GRAVE
the lies and the weight, i know i lost my way (my way)
what i’d become
buried alive… buried alive

finally forced to face what i’d become
what i’d become in my own grave (buried)
in my own grave (alive)

IM NOT CRYING, YOU ARE CRYING!

• Love 1

No AILD album for a longer time. They only did this song yet with Drew Fulk. So dont get your hopes high :(

• Haha 1

Tim Lambesis is great at making hits

First song I REALLY like from them aside from Tear Out My Eyes. His screams sound angrier and better than ever. The cleans are killer too. This band always bored me for the most part but if all their new stuff turns out this nice, oh yeah, I'll be all over it. 

Aild sounding exactly as you'd expect. I was hoping for some more confronting lyrics but they come across a little...bland

THis song is an actual 10/10 from me, so fucking HYPPPPEEEDDDDDDDD

7 hours ago, dontleech said:

No AILD album for a longer time. They only did this song yet with Drew Fulk. So dont get your hopes high :(

What do you mean?

this shit made me relisten to last 3 albums

6 hours ago, Tuti Bins said:

What do you mean?

Well, their Producer commented this under a comment:

3qleN6f_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

44 minutes ago, dontleech said:

Well, their Producer commented this under a comment:

3qleN6f_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I wouldn't look too deep into that, with the way they did the teaser clip. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he's supposed to say. Or Maybe Adam D from Killswitch is actually doing the album and they just wanted to get a new song out quick to let people know their back. You watch an album will release this year, I'll bet money on it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Longneckedjim
On 6/8/2018 at 6:43 AM, LKA said:

So you actually think murder is justified in some cases? Move along then lol, thought i was talking to a reasonable person

Mate anything that doesn't sit with your personal opinion wouldn't be justified to you. You are being unreasonable, he committed a crime now he's done the time.. They have rehabilitation in the CJS for a reason, clearly if Tim tries this shit again then it's not on and regardless of how sorry he could be, it wouldn't be acceptable.

People deserve a second chance, this is his. Now if you cannot fathom that, then I suggest you GTFO of this thread. Stop being a sad little boy who didn't get his own way and move along to something more worthwhile of your time and your input. Capisce!

14 hours ago, Longneckedjim said:

Mate anything that doesn't sit with your personal opinion wouldn't be justified to you. You are being unreasonable, he committed a crime now he's done the time.. They have rehabilitation in the CJS for a reason, clearly if Tim tries this shit again then it's not on and regardless of how sorry he could be, it wouldn't be acceptable.

People deserve a second chance, this is his. Now if you cannot fathom that, then I suggest you GTFO of this thread. Stop being a sad little boy who didn't get his own way and move along to something more worthwhile of your time and your input. Capisce!

I agree with you on the second chance bit, but if you want to reason someone and have a solid opinion, don't end off your argument by insulting someone because their opinions are different than yours. Even if they insult you, you'll look more mature when you back up your arguments with just the facts instead of insults.

21 hours ago, Longneckedjim said:

Mate anything that doesn't sit with your personal opinion wouldn't be justified to you.

The fuck is your point? Thinking murder isn't justified in any case is a "personal opinion" now? Because that's literally all i said in that comment...

21 hours ago, Longneckedjim said:

You are being unreasonable, he committed a crime now he's done the time..

He served less than three years for attempting to have someone murdered, if you think that's reasonable or a case of somebody "serving their time" while at the same time people sit in jail for longer than that for selling weed you're honestly fucked mate. I agree about him deserving a second chance in principle but the fact that he's no longer in jail is his second chance, i don't think he deserves to just be able pick up where he left off like nothing happened and have people defending his murderous ass and supporting him monetarily

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Just pirate the tunes don’t buy them :shrug:

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2018 at 5:56 AM, Thatoneguy335 said:

Holy shit he actually got the whole band back. I'm really surprised. Vocally he sure hasn't lost a step. He sounds different, probably a combination of lack of recent use and time, but he still sounds like a monster.

He's a scumbag for what he did and frankly he can't do anything about that, but I'm not gonna pass up on AILD because one of the members is a bad guy. The music slays. This song is a great way to make a return.

To be honest we don't even know the full details. There was a lot of he said/she said on the whole thing. But, Tim humbly took the blame he earned like an adult and admitted his sins/crimes and wishes nothing but the best to his ex wife and hopes that I'm time, the fans can forgive him one day and he knows it may take time or never happen but that he's going to pursue his passion and ability as an artist.

I'm not gonna forget the dumb shit he did, but dear God I love AILD. THIS is metalcore at its purest form besides KSE.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:06 AM, LionHeart24 said:

The best band in metalcore returns, on my birthday, and unsurprisingly, sounds like best band in metalcore. always thought tim wanted to get caught and busted more than he wanted to kill his wife, like some girl desperate to get noticed as being fucked up, which is why he literally went around his gym asking for a hitman like the biggest moron ever.  but hopefully he's less fucking wack now, and hopefully, album actually has some evolution away from metalcore and into something more apt for a person who has been through more than the standard bs. But song is tight as ever. just needs a bit of variation in the intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus-outro/breakdown formula. a little black, post-metal, and hardcore would be much fucking appreciated. 

If anything the full album will likely be metalcore/deathcore considering Tim's vocal capabilities. Hyped nonetheless.

Song does absolutely nothing for me and I'm not going to bother getting involved in the pissing contest between everyone.

• Confused 1

Everybody swinging their dicks around, and I'm just here wondering if we're ever going to see any new Pyrithion.

1 minute ago, kms said:

Everybody swinging their dicks around, and I'm just here wondering if we're ever going to see any new Pyrithion.

lol I would love to see some Pyrithion as well, the EP was great and if they were never gonna rejoin I would've expected a Pyrithion sequel.