Chief

Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection (2018)

267 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, moonlover said:

Trash band is trash

HEY EVERYBODY! THIS GUY DOESNT LIKE DGD! NAH IM TELLING YOU HE THINKS THEYRE TRASH!

see, nobody gives a shit

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Other Releases by

What all songs do Jon and Tilian reference at the end of Evaporate? I hear Tree Village and We Own The Night

3 minutes ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

HEY EVERYBODY! THIS GUY DOESNT LIKE DGD! NAH IM TELLING YOU HE THINKS THEYRE TRASH!

see, nobody gives a shit

You clearly just did.

• Upvote 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

1 minute ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

What all songs do Jon and Tilian reference at the end of Evaporate? I hear Tree Village and We Own The Night

I heard Me and Zoloft Get Along Just Fine

giphy-downsized.gif

This album is great, literally great.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

brdsx.gif

2 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

This album is great, literally great.

I will back this opinion 

I'll also this has topped Happiness and Instant Gratification for my favorite 

7 minutes ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Jon samples, or screams the “I do, I do” from the song Acceptance Speech

I am definitely most invested when they go ham on a certain sound throughout a song even tho I love their eclectiveness, songs like The Rattler or Story of My Bros are more memorable than average dgd song #48. Either way really nice album as usual, but not AOTY as usual either. Bloodsucker and Evaporate are also amazing tracks to close off the album, love the Eidola vocalist.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

24 minutes ago, moonlover said:

Trash band is trash

Constructive comment right there lol

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

I really don't think you know what you're doing...

From my understanding, a "transcode" is converting something of lower quality to a higher quality. Therefore I am converting the 128 rip into a decent sounding 320. I know it isn't a true 320 (thats why its called transcode) but it does make it sound a tiny bit better. So unless I (and Google) have a misunderstanding of what a transcode is then by all means, enlighten me with your knowledge.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

cFBg26P.gif.b4560a2455e14ebe499e277ccea1ca20.gif

4 minutes ago, SHINEBOXX said:

From my understanding, a "transcode" is converting something of lower quality to a higher quality. Therefore I am converting the 128 rip into a decent sounding 320. I know it isn't a true 320 (thats why its called transcode) but it does make it sound a tiny bit better. So unless I (and Google) have a misunderstanding of what a transcode is then by all means, enlighten me with your knowledge.

it doesnt though....

• Upvote 2

brdsx.gif

23 minutes ago, Gabox said:

I cant get into his  child voice but guitars are good ?

Child voice? 

Ci9F4aT.jpg      bCKeHSZ.jpg      obsJ5Mr.jpg      bjt89HR.jpg
*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*
**Interested in becoming a Provider? Visit this link to find out how!**

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 
June 5, 1990 - August 25, 2018

"Will I be remembered or will I be lost in loving eyes?"

Best DGD album imo 

One of the few albums I will be giving 10/10 for the year 

Top 5 for sure but definitely not my favorite of the year 

This is everything I wanted Mothership to be. Glad that they did this 

7 minutes ago, SHINEBOXX said:

You can't go up in quality of music if it's already been downgraded. Being a 128, it cut off and deleted everything that made it a 320 or more. Literally what you would be doing is either adding nothing on but making the data size bigger, or stretching out the 128 which just makes it worse.

• Upvote 6

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Omg YES!!!! I can't wait to buy my CD and puzzle next weekend on pay day.

Going to wait for 320 before I go to town on it, but I can tell Story of My Bros is going to be an easy favorite for me.  Song is 3:14 mins of pure fun.

Thanks for this!

My ears are still ringing from last night's show, but yeah this should medicate that nicely ? #aoty

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

You can't go up in quality of music if it's already been downgraded. Being a 128, it cut off and deleted everything that made it a 320 or more. Literally what you would be doing is either adding nothing on but making the data size bigger, or stretching out the 128 which just makes it worse.

Huh odd seeing that every time I convert in Audacity it seems better sounding  when I export at 320kbps. Unless my ears are playing tricks on me lol Oh and if transcode dont do anything then why does it exist? lmao

• Haha 1

cFBg26P.gif.b4560a2455e14ebe499e277ccea1ca20.gif

1 hour ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

There's definitely some Acceptance Speech, Me and Zoloft Get Along Fine, and Alex English in there too

geez, can DGD do no wrong O.O <3  my fav band for life!!

• Haha 1

On first listen suspended in disaster, flash and evaporate are my favorites. Way better than mothership I think! Can’t wait to really dive into this one!

This is pretty good, but nothing really caught my attention specifically on first listen, i'm sure it'll grow on me though

movements.gif

Thoughts after first listen and a few additional listens to the non-singles:

- The singles don't hold up as well compared to the rest of the album.  I think they definitely chose the weakest songs to release first.

- The Rattler is a straight up Secret Band song with Tilian, and it's fucking awesome.  Probably my favorite song on the album so far.  "USE YOUR FACE LIKE A DUMBASS RATTLE!"

- Shelf Life is alright...I don't really like how Kurt sounds on it though.  Doesn't really sound like he does on Royal Coda, or old DGD albums for that matter.

- Slouch is pretty good.  Love that intro and the overall pacing of the song.  I could totally see this becoming one of my favorite songs on the album.

- Story of my Bros is a pretty decent take on pop punk.  Has the same generic pop punk lyrical themes too, but overall, I like that they did something pretty different from what they're used to.

- Gospel Burnout has a lot of Summertime Gladness vibes.  Nice little groovy song.

- Bloodsucker isn't exactly what I was expecting based on early reviews, but still pretty great overall, especially the 2nd half.

- Evaporate...God damn...That intro, Andrew's vocal parts, the lyrical references to old DGD songs at the end (I get so emotional when bands do that)...MMH

Overall, great album, but I think there are a few too many soft/mellow songs that all sound like they have the same guitar tone (Son of Robot, Care, Count Bassy, Shelf Life, etc.).  They're not BAD songs, but more variety between every song like with Mothership would've been nice.  Don't really have a least favorite song yet, although it's probably leaning towards Midnight Crusade.

I think for now at least, I still like Mothership more, but obviously I need more time to listen and form a more concrete opinion.  And of course, the 320 rip will probably end up changing how I feel about certain songs.

• Upvote 1

This is not an AOTY. Pretty good album tho, very solid. Now, can we stop that joke of shouting AOTY for every fucking thing this band does, it has been funny but, please...

The Rattler, Count Bassy and Gospel Burnout my fav songs for sure.

43 minutes ago, SHINEBOXX said:

if transcode dont do anything then why does it exist? lmao

it exists because people don't know how to correctly make real 320s or FLACs, and then they spread them like they did a cool thing, when in fact it's the exact opposite.

• Upvote 3

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

47 minutes ago, SHINEBOXX said:

Huh odd seeing that every time I convert in Audacity it seems better sounding  when I export at 320kbps. Unless my ears are playing tricks on me lol Oh and if transcode dont do anything then why does it exist? lmao

Transcodes exist because people use them to claim something is better than it really is, when something is a transcode, it is not a positive thing. You cant make a 128 any better than a 128, you can only make it sound worse. I think you see 320 and think it is better when in reality it is not, it is still a 128. A 320 is 320 because of the space between songs, hence why the file size is bigger, you can't just put that space back. Just like everyone thinks 320 sounds better than V0, it doesn't, it is just a bigger file size. If you take a FLAC file, and make it 320 or V0, you are technically making it " worse " even though those formats are cd quality but FLAC is better. You can only go down in quality, not up.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

brdsx.gif

OMG AOTY ?

hype1
hīp
promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.

1 hour ago, Gabox said:

I cant get into his  child voice but guitars are good ?

Im assuming you mean Tilians whiny voice haha best comment on here. 

love it!

think these are all the tracks at the end of evaporate

Tillan
zoloft
tree village
we own the night
alex english

Jon
Surprise! I'm From Cuba, Everyone Has One Brain
acceptance speech
tree village
alex english