mR12

Ghost - Prequelle (Deluxe) (2018)

110 posts in this topic

Just now, pudhead said:

Is this 320 legit? Whats the source?

WEB purchase, sourced from 24bit FLAC. It's real.

nGRfGrt.png

• Love 1

Guest lavosslayer
2 minutes ago, c1rcl30fdu57 said:

Nice facvorite artist you have there. ;) I still have all of the original release cassettes from when they were first released in Christian bookstores. I can't stand the remasters. Brickwalled garbage. You'd think Klayton would be against such terrible mastering practices. He is a dick though. He deletes posts he doesnt like on his YouTube and FB. I also met him in person and he was a dick. Plenty people have said that of him. Still love COD & Celldweller though, but more COD. :)

I have them all too along with the Immortal cassette and few vinyls (CoD/Brainchild split 7" and Argyle Park). Met him a few times. He's not too bad. He was worse back in the day. Last time I met him was in 2010 and he was much more personable. As far as the posts on FB and YT, those pages are curated by his staff not him. Most likely they were the ones that actually removed things.

Sweet thanks! Thanks for the purchase!

Guest HeWhoDevastates

So this is definitely Ghost's worst album, its not terrible or anything but half the songs are just meh IMO. Faith is a fuckin banger though i have to admit. Thanks for the leak 

the bonus tracks are covers so it's not a terrible loss i'd say.

AOTY contender, if not AOTY.

This would at the very least receive a Grammy nomination.

1 minute ago, lavosslayer said:

I have them all too along with the Immortal cassette and few vinyls (CoD/Brainchild split 7" and Argyle Park). Met him a few times. He's not too bad. He was worse back in the day. Last time I met him was in 2010 and he was much more personable. As far as the posts on FB and YT, those pages are curated by his staff not him. Most likely they were the ones that actually removed things.

I have the original cd releases too of all the stuff. Brainchild, AP, etc. And the Immortal cassette & Celldweller demo cassette. No vinyl though. I saw him in ummmm.... must have been 2003 or 2004. Anyway. Nice to see another big fan. I suppose I/we should stay on topic. Cheers!

Just now, Worst Wishes said:

Are the deluxe tracks any good?

the band have done a lot of covers in the past and as far as i know they're pretty well received overall, iirc they're for leonard cohen and the beach boys.

Guest lavosslayer
5 minutes ago, Ashtiel said:

the band have done a lot of covers in the past and as far as i know they're pretty well received overall, iirc they're for leonard cohen and the beach boys.

Its actually Pet Shop Boys not the Beach Boys. But I've heard that cover is really good!

Definitely not their best, but still very enjoyable to listen to. Thanks KL!

Love it. Faith and Rats are my favorite tracks on it. Although I still like the last three albums more. Meloria is my favorite album of theirs.

• Upvote 1

This album is one of the most brillant I've heard in quite some time. I thought no way can they do any better than Meliora. Wrong on every level. 100% worth the $$$. I think vinyl is a must buy. Even the instrumentals are perfection. Any of the "They sucked after the first album" or "They're a joke band now" people can move along. There's nothing here for you. Imo this is the best they havew done, hands down. I can't even imagine what could possibly come after this, after the Cardinal. I'll pass on the bonus tracks though & add them to my ep/b-sides playlist. Even though I do like the covers, the album as a whole is not meant to have them & is better without them.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, c1rcl30fdu57 said:

This album is one of the most brillant I've heard in quite some time. I thought no way can they do any better than Meliora. Wrong on every level. 100% worth the $$$. I think vinyl is a must buy. Even the instrumentals are perfection. Any of the "They sucked after the first album" or "They're a joke band now" people can move along. There's nothing here for you. Imo this is the best they havew done, hands down. I can't even imagine what could possibly come after this, after the Cardinal. I'll pass on the bonus tracks though & add them to my ep/b-sides playlist. Even though I do like the covers, the album as a whole is not meant to have them & is better without them.

Nice review.

4 minutes ago, c1rcl30fdu57 said:

I LOVE this as well, such a soothing album, and so many influences.

4 minutes ago, mR12 said:

Nice review.

1 minute ago, BRDSX said:

I LOVE this as well, such a soothing album, and so many influences.

Thanks. It's not even simply better than Meliora. It's leaps and bounds better on so many levels, coming from a huge Meliora fan. Like I said. Zero clue what they could possibly do next. There is something wrong is this doesn't win awards worldwide. Katatonia is one of my all time favorite bands and this ranks up equally with my favorite albums of theirs. For me that's saying a LOT. Spend the money on this people. Tobias, please run for President of the USA. DUMP TRUMP! TOBAS MAGA!!! LoL.

This is one of the catchiest things I have ever heard, it sounds like Boston ( its a band ) and Blue Oyster Cult and Pink Floyd collaborated, so much 70s ( as usual ), this is outstanding.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

This is one of the catchiest things I have ever heard, it sounds like Boston ( its a band ) and Blue Oyster Cult and Pink Floyd collaborated, so much 70s ( as usual ), this is outstanding.

I'll agree with all of those comparisons, as I think everyone does. I'd like the throw in some Scorpions vibes. Dance Macabre especially is very, very Scorpions. :)

7 minutes ago, c1rcl30fdu57 said:

I'll agree with all of those comparisons, as I think everyone does. I'd like the throw in some Scorpions vibes. Dance Macabre especially is very, very Scorpions. :)

i had to add in parenthesis ( it is a band ) for Boston because they have always been epically underrated and don't think many here would have a clue who they are and would prob just think I am just talking about the city I am from lol.

I feel like i am watching a ROCKY montage at the end of " Life Eternal "  :pray:

Ew... :wacko: Horrible band, horrible album

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, ray102396 said:

Ew... :wacko: Horrible band, horrible album

tenor.gif?itemid=8301566

5 hours ago, HeWhoDevastates said:

So this is definitely Ghost's worst album, its not terrible or anything but half the songs are just meh IMO. Faith is a fuckin banger though i have to admit. Thanks for the leak though

totally agree with you. this album is good but the others are far better. Faith, Rats, Pro Memoria, See The lIght, Witch Image and Dance Macabre are great. the rest of the album is very meh. especially the last two tracks (Helvetesfonster and Life Eternal).

So going off of First listen this was pretty damn good almost close to amazing although Idk about anyone else but the closer felt very lackluster but other than that this album knocks it out of the park I give it a 9/10

This fucking rips. Thanks for posting!

The volume on this album seems alot lower than other albums. When on shuffle I have to turn volume up when it plays. Weird.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, c1rcl30fdu57 said:

Thanks. It's not even simply better than Meliora. It's leaps and bounds better on so many levels, coming from a huge Meliora fan. Like I said. Zero clue what they could possibly do next. There is something wrong is this doesn't win awards worldwide. Katatonia is one of my all time favorite bands and this ranks up equally with my favorite albums of theirs.

Which album is that? HUGE Katatonia fan here as well.

wellp, the hype was real. Shit is awesome. 

• Upvote 3