LKA

The Afterimage - Eve (2018)

77 posts in this topic

I dont understand all the album comparison BS in this thread...who the fuck cares. Solid album nevertheless

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

Guest NickGurz
18 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

I do not see a suicide silence art similarity, even putting them next to each other. The women look different and the whole one holding guts, and the other just a guy arm and hand blocking the eyes and forehead. Not even the same thing. Whatever though. Whatever floats your boat to think they are alike.

Funny, how this forum is the only one that thinks every artwork is a rip off of another one.

its a piracy site dude the fuck you expect ? full of normies

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

I do not see a suicide silence art similarity, 

:lol:

• Love 1

But guys you all need to buy this album or this band will break up

The productions on the singles wasn't very impressive for me, especially compared to how well it was done on Lumiere. I may wait until the 320 before I give it a fair shake. 

Just now, ggl3dde said:

The productions on the singles wasn't very impressive for me, especially compared to how well it was done on Lumiere. I may wait until the 320 before I give it a fair shake. 

the album sounds really good, album is really good.

• Upvote 1

This just crosses like four genres and all it does is turn off potential fans because they have to be into all genres which just ends up making this feel jarring at times

Luckily I've been a fan for a while so I enjoyed this, but it's just so weird when you take a step back and actually think about this band and their "sound" which is really just multiple subgenres of metal mashed up into one. You have Deathcore, Metalcore, Post-hardcore, Pop, probably more that I'm not listing now...

Anyway this is a really good album, just wanted to say why I feel it will not be a commercial success given that's how the band has been making this release seem to be what matters. 

EDIT: I posted this in a different thread, deleted and posting here 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BeefPudding said:

This just crosses like four genres and all it does is turn off potential fans because they have to be into all genres which just ends up making this feel jarring at times

Luckily I've been a fan for a while so I enjoyed this, but it's just so weird when you take a step back and actually think about this band and their "sound" which is really just multiple subgenres of metal mashed up into one. You have Deathcore, Metalcore, Post-hardcore, Pop, probably more that I'm not listing now...

Anyway this is a really good album, just wanted to say why I feel it will not be a commercial success given that's how the band has been making this release seem to be what matters. 

EDIT: I posted this in a different thread, deleted and posting here 

yea there is a lot going on for sure, their sound has changed a ton since their inception as well, even though they have not released that much for the amount of time they have been known. They did very well on this though, I really like it. I am so happy they added even more cleans as I enjoy them very much and I think it fits their music perfectly. I know a lot of people are scared of cleans, but I love me some cleans BOI.

Just now, BRDSX said:

yea there is a lot going on for sure, their sound has changed a ton since their inception as well, even though they have not released that much for the amount of time they have been known. They did very well on this though, I really like it.

i like it too, but I just don't see this taking the band to greater heights but rather a steady plateau, especially since it took them so fucking long to release this album. Lumiere was good too but that also took fucking forever. 

1 minute ago, BeefPudding said:

i like it too, but I just don't see this taking the band to greater heights but rather a steady plateau, especially since it took them so fucking long to release this album. Lumiere was good too but that also took fucking forever. 

yea, they def take too long, not sure why but i hope they get that worked out as they have huge potential. 

This is such a stellar album, blows Tesseract out of the water imo. The cleans fit just right and it djents my balls off. Perfection thank you so much KL

Just now, mjistheway701 said:

This is such a stellar album, blows Tesseract out of the water imo. The cleans fit just right and it djents my balls off. Perfection thank you so much KL

such a weird and random mention ( Tesseract ) lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BRDSX said:

such a weird and random mention ( Tesseract ) lol.

lol yeah I mean Tesseract was way over hyped which I get, they are fantastic but this is essentially what I wish Tesseract would be. Plz no bully me Tesseract fans, I love you all the same

• Haha 1

This release has exceeded every expectation I could have possibly had; it is a perfect record from start to finish.

11/10  a complete tour de force!

16 hours ago, BeefPudding said:

Not to mention they already said they'd break up if this album doesn't sell well....

Really hoping they decide to release an instrumental version, can't really get with them cleans ;(

Guest Metaphysics

This is dope, but the band's sound has changed pretty largely since Sam Jacobs left the band.

Still a solid album though, but I don't think it tops their previous works

20 minutes ago, ggl3dde said:

Not to mention they already said they'd break up if this album doesn't sell well....

well I guess if that happens they would be an ......... Afterthought :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This album and the latest OAA go well together back-to-back although I wouldn't say it's a rip off of their sound, I actually like the way The Afterimage do it a bit better. 

• Upvote 1

Damn. Makes me wish I had a steady flow of money. Hope the album sells good for them 

Very fucking good album. Definitely one of the best of this month 

• Upvote 1

Sapphire should've been a single. 

• Love 1

no idea why people think this sounds like OAA, they are much heavier and more technical. I guess a proggy sound with cleans means band sounds like band lol.

On 5/12/2018 at 12:20 PM, Tiggobitz said:

I dont understand all the album comparison BS in this thread...who the fuck cares. Solid album nevertheless

Exactly haha no one cares. 

• Upvote 1

alot of random riffs and breakdowns, very progressive

• Haha 1

I thoroughly enjoyed that, would listen again

I can't see the OAA comparison at all, this is great in its own right, OAA are monsters, this isn't as monstrous, and while chill isn't the right word, this is definitely more chill than OAA, and more diverse(?) 

inb4 "this sounds like OAA" becomes the new "sounds like BMTH"

Great album!  Looking forward to the 320!

I took the time to let this sink well, and I must say that is their best.. It's melodic when It has to be, the clean singing is better than ever. And there are some nasty parts. Amazing vocals, amazing guitar, dr00ms and bass work. I've always loved them and this made me love even more.

Am not let down by them once again. They just keep getting better.