Sign in to follow this  
mR12

Childish Gambino - This Is America (Single) (2018)

30 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - May 8, 2018
Genre - Hip-Hop/Rap, Electronic, R&B, Funk
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

01. This Is America (3:45)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Literally the best song I’ve heard all year 

• Upvote 1

Childish / Troy is just so talented it hurts. 

• Upvote 1

Powerful.

• Upvote 1

So fucking hype for the new stuff.

• Upvote 2

It's fantastic and i want more like this.

• Upvote 1

Thaaaankssss! :wub:

Alright so Rap Bino and Funkadelic Bino fused together to form Ultimate Bino. This shit is nasty. Hiro Murai has yet again made a gorgeous movie.  

0tutY71.gif

It's Bino season lads.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I feel I would like the song if he didn't repeat one word five times in a row every verse. I like the message behind the song, I just really don't like the song itself. Just not for me.

the video is amazing !

Kinda sad that the gunshot noises aren't in the single before the drops. Made them way more effective with the switch in tone.

@Uncreation I feel ya.

Reaaaaaaaaaaally not that keen on this. It's far from bad but the trap-inspired stuff is a bit of a turn-off. That last album was so left-field it was amazing, this feels kind of predictable. It's far from bad but I guess I expected more from 'bino. For what it's worth, the music video is amazing, the song itself though? Passable at best. Beat is kind of boring, the constant skrrt's, and the repetition of lines like @Uncreation said is just a bit dull imo. Still very keen to see what comes of this though!

4 minutes ago, exalt said:

Reaaaaaaaaaaally not that keen on this. It's far from bad but the trap-inspired stuff is a bit of a turn-off. That last album was so left-field it was amazing, this feels kind of predictable. It's far from bad but I guess I expected more from 'bino. For what it's worth, the music video is amazing, the song itself though? Passable at best. Beat is kind of boring, the constant skrrt's, and the repetition of lines like @Uncreation said is just a bit dull imo. Still very keen to see what comes of this though!

It's supposed to be satirical in a way, does that make it better for you?

EDIT: I think the beat and the overall songwriting is anything but boring though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, xcblackdiamond said:

It's supposed to be satirical in a way, does that make it better for you?

EDIT: I think the beat and the overall songwriting is anything but boring though.

I get that it's satirical! I just think that it could've been more interesting is all. And that's totally cool, I'm glad you dig it. I just think that for me it's either a grower, or it's confined to be a song that I don't dig as much. I don't mind the songwriting, I think it's got a good message, I just think the execution leaves something to be desired. It's also worth noting this is far from the kind of rap I enjoy usually.

1 minute ago, exalt said:

I get that it's satirical! I just think that it could've been more interesting is all. And that's totally cool, I'm glad you dig it. I just think that for me it's either a grower, or it's confined to be a song that I don't dig as much. I don't mind the songwriting, I think it's got a good message, I just think the execution leaves something to be desired. It's also worth noting this is far from the kind of rap I enjoy usually.

Fair enough. Did you check out the song he played on SNL?

Just now, xcblackdiamond said:

Fair enough. Did you check out the song he played on SNL?

Just listened to it. It's way more my speed! A lot more funky. I'm honestly hoping the album ends up being varied, I'm totally cool with a mix of songs like the SNL one and songs similar to this, just provided they have a bit more going for them y'know?

• Upvote 1

Dang man, this song is on repeat since 9am, it's 8:20pm now 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

It'd be really cool if he didn't repeat the same three sentences the whole time. Is this all it takes to be "talented?"

• Confused 2

fire. fire. fire.

• Upvote 1

Troy and Abed in the moooorning

• Upvote 1

this guys has been taking the spot that Kendrick left since TPAB

6 hours ago, lovedontlivehere said:

It'd be really cool if he didn't repeat the same three sentences the whole time. Is this all it takes to be "talented?"

Have you listened to his albums?? He’s one of the most talented people out there right now.

• Upvote 1

Good song but the song writing could've been much better. Hate when songs have the same two lines over and over but this music video, beat, and overall message gives this one a bit of a pass

8 hours ago, lovedontlivehere said:

If you pay close attention to the music scene at all rather than the same few bands you listened to since middle school, you'd understand that music is a subjective scene where you'd have to really listen to all the different accompanying genres to understand what is considered "talented" in each respective genre. You can't compare other genres and consider one genre to be trash just because you think your "emo" or "prog. metal" bands take more considerable skill than the others do. Sure it might take more practice being in a band than working on your rapping skills. But there's still skill there regardless. Finding the right flow. Finding good lyrics. Finding good production. Even EDM music. All things take skill. Don't try to devalue another genre just because it's not a genre you typically listen to.

12 hours ago, Smickey said:

If you pay close attention to the music scene at all rather than the same few bands you listened to since middle school, you'd understand that music is a subjective scene where you'd have to really listen to all the different accompanying genres to understand what is considered "talented" in each respective genre. You can't compare other genres and consider one genre to be trash just because you think your "emo" or "prog. metal" bands take more considerable skill than the others do. Sure it might take more practice being in a band than working on your rapping skills. But there's still skill there regardless. Finding the right flow. Finding good lyrics. Finding good production. Even EDM music. All things take skill. Don't try to devalue another genre just because it's not a genre you typically listen to.

Don't waste your breath on him. Anyone who's an avid rap fan knows who Gambino is and recognizes him as one of the best in the rap game at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

i don't even like rap and I find this to be dope as hell. 

• Upvote 1

So, so good

Is this the liberal propaganda Alex Jones has been telling me about?