dewey duck

Parkway Drive - Reverence (2018)

115 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BRDSX said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4438513

Was editing while you answered lol


2.gif.4452593f36a2f3505101a484f098740c.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Other Releases by

3 minutes ago, The Top Hat said:

The amount of people who think this is dad metal seriously make me laugh.

rad dad metal lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

The half scream whisper thing Winston does makes this album extremely unappealing. Really not sure who it caters to, go full cleans for radio or screams or both but switch it up (as many bands do). This technique just completely ruins the vibe of the songs I've listened to and I doubt I'll bother listening to the rest of it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, UCD said:

The half scream whisper thing Winston does makes this album extremely unappealing. Really not sure who it caters to, go full cleans for radio or screams or both but switch it up (as many bands do). This technique just completely ruins the vibe of the songs I've listened to and I doubt I'll bother listening to the rest of it.

 

To be fair, he really only does this in "Prey" and "The Void".  I totally agree though, that vocal style is...just not good.

Share this post


Link to post

Sweeeeet... This is banging hard. Loving Wishing Wells. Thanks!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hope the music is as good as the artwork. Thanks for posting!

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, dorathekiller97 said:

Hope the music is as good as the artwork

you are going to be disappointed

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, dorathekiller97 said:

Hope the music is as good as the artwork. Thanks for posting!

 

Just now, LinaK said:

you are going to be dissapointed

no you wont, troll just wants Horizons over and over

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

brdsx.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post

Makes me laugh that people still complain about them not sounding like KWAS/Horizons/Deep Blue anymore, as if that style of metalcore is still active and doing well in 2018.

 

People need to get their head out of the fucking sand and accept that times change and that 2007 metalcore is gone and has been for a long time.

 

If you don't like it, don't listen... it's pretty simple to me ?‍♂️

  • Upvote 1

 

Creak - Recluse

 

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

 

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I seen a comment somewhere, it might have been the album teaser release tracks where there were only like 30 second clips of each song, or maybe it was on here. Anyway i saw someone said something about the clean singing and this being the first time there was actual clean vocals on the album. Not sure if anyone else knows this or not. But in 2004 parkway drive tried clean vocals on their album don't close your eyes. It was on the song flesh bone and weakness, and it was a fail. It did not sound good at all. They have come along way since then, that was 14 years. They actually succeed on this album with the clean vocals, it sounds really good. The song itself is very sad, and i do hate the way it makes me feel as well. I've had so many friends pass away, it sometimes feels like I'm cursed. But i do love the song, and the lyrics are very good. Their good in general when it comes to this album, and past albums. I really digging this album so far. I doubt this band will ever disappoint me, their my favorite metal band. And still remain in the top.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Disappointing even tho i've never been a fan of PWD.


Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

Share this post


Link to post

As a new Parkway Drive fan, i prefer this album way more than their previous stuff

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

this album rules witha z...it rulez, nuff said

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

People need to understand that bands grow and most of the times they want to expand their musical horizons. Every band passes through that. Parkway Drive has done the job with this album. Yes, some songs are very forgettable but others are quite fun to listen to, others are arena anthems. Riffs are on point, lack of crushing breakdowns is sad but ok. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

People need to understand that bands grow and expand their musical horizons, they obviously searched the deep blue for new ideas as their shit was getting old, so when they're selling out the biggest venues and leave their mark on the atlas don't be filled with ire, instead look up at the band with reverence, as they are definitely going to be killing with a smile on their faces.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Dwesk said:

People need to understand that bands grow and expand their musical horizons, they obviously searched the deep blue for new ideas as their shit was getting old, so when they're selling out the biggest venues and leave their mark on the atlas don't be filled with ire, instead look up at the band with reverence, as they are definitely going to be killing with a smile on their faces.

And that's why I hate sundays. The shitpost is stronger than on any other day of the week. Thank you. 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

AOTY


5bb9240f905f7_sign_klbcopy.png.507197f54fe9eb4609577cfc46be599f.png

 

"This pain is a sickness, looming over me and I can't escape it

Casting shadows that continue to shape who I am on any given day"

 

Share this post


Link to post

typically not a metalcore fan, but i checked this out. best songs: wishing wells, prey, the void

  • Haha 2

carlin2.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Been a fan since 2007-ish (?), this album is surprisingly refreshing, at least to my ear. Glad the band decided to try something new, and i think it worked really well.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

I MUST HAVE PLAYED SHADOW BOXING A THOUSAND TIMES BY NOW
 

Share this post


Link to post

See, I liked Ire a lot and was hoping they would go in this direction, so that's not my issue with this album.

 

My issue is this album's... execution, it's so messy. I appreciate Winston's monstrous vocal capabilities and his willingness to experiment, but it honestly seems like even he doesn't know exactly what he's trying to do here. 

 

A talented man with a furnace of rage that has no shovel within to help direct it.

Share this post


Link to post

So with my revisit of this album I enjoyed it way more than I did in the beginning. When this was first released I loved it but very quickly forgot about it, now with my revisit this album is a still great there's only 2 songs on here that I didn't like which is Cemetery Bloom and The Void and Cemetery Bloom only bothers me because all of that build up was to lead into Five Finger Parkway Drive. 

 

The Void isn't a bad song just so meh and really kills the momentum the record has going for it aside from those 2 Parkway Drive killed it with this record, Winston is a beast of a vocalist and the guitar work on this is great.

 

Overall they got pretty experimental on this one while still sounding like Parkway Drive. Aside from the 2 tracks I mentioned this is a great follow up to Ire packed with tons of emotion and still pretty heavy. Unfortunately the two songs I mentioned really do kill the momentum when listening to it front to back, so for that I'll have to give it a 8/10. If Cemetery Bloom lead into something actually good this would've been easy 10/10.

 

Favs: I Hope You Rot, Shadow Boxing, The Colour of Leaving, Chronos, In Blood

 

Least favs: Cemetery Bloom, The Void

 

 

  • Upvote 1

 

 

 

giphy (2).gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Prototype539 said:

So with my revisit of this album I enjoyed it way more than I did in the beginning. When this was first released I loved it but very quickly forgot about it, now with my revisit this album is a still great there's only 2 songs on here that I didn't like which is Cemetery Bloom and The Void and Cemetery Bloom only bothers me because all of that build up was to lead into Five Finger Parkway Drive. 

 

The Void isn't a bad song just so meh and really kills the momentum the record has going for it aside from those 2 Parkway Drive killed it with this record, Winston is a beast of a vocalist and the guitar work on this is great.

 

Overall they got pretty experimental on this one while still sounding like Parkway Drive. Aside from the 2 tracks I mentioned this is a great follow up to Ire packed with tons of emotion and still pretty heavy. Unfortunately the two songs I mentioned really do kill the momentum when listening to it front to back, so for that I'll have to give it a 8/10. If Cemetery Bloom lead into something actually good this would've been easy 10/10.

 

Favs: I Hope You Rot, Shadow Boxing, The Colour of Leaving, Chronos, In Blood

 

Least favs: Cemetery Bloom, The Void

 

 

You are spot on. The void I can live with tho. But cemetery bloom is poop

  • Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DisturbedOne said:

You are spot on. The void I can live with tho. But cemetery bloom is poop

I'd like Cemetery Bloom if all that build up had pay off


 

 

 

giphy (2).gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Prototype539 said:

I'd like Cemetery Bloom if all that build up had pay off

Yea, Maybe


tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Copyright © 2013-2020 Kingdom Leaks.