dewey duck

Parkway Drive - Reverence (2018)

111 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, kazukiri said:

Sweet, new Atreyu album. 

considering that atreyu went back to metalcore and being heavy, that doesn't work. After Lead Sails, that comment would have worked haha

I love this so much 

The 2nd half of the album rips. In Blood is awesome. Chronos is dope. Shadow Boxing is probably my favorite off the album.

• Upvote 1

Didn't thought i'd have to say this but i like it. I was never huge on Parkway or Heavy Metal, but this is suprisingly good.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Tiggobitz said:

The 2nd half of the album rips. In Blood is awesome. Chronos is dope. Shadow Boxing is probably my favorite off the album.

yeah I thought the back end was just gonna be okay but mannnnn

im thinking shadowboxing and hope you rot are my faves 

I personally love this album the classic metal vibes and 80's vibes have never bothered me when it comes to parkway drive. Considering one of my favorite bands is Skid Row (with Sebastian Bach) the other vocalists are shit. I heard some things on this album that reminded me of a few power metal bands that i use to listen to. I definitely didn't hear any rapping on this album, I agree with Savage Wraith it's more like fast paced spoken word that Slipknot did in some of their earlier shit. Regardless this is a solid album.

• Upvote 1

Big fan of this album, pleased.

• Upvote 2

Listened to this so that I can talk shit but ended up enjoying it lol. Cemetery Bloom is epic as shit

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Listened to this so that I can talk shit but ended up enjoying it lol. Cemetery Bloom is epic as shit

hahahaha atleast you did your homework and didnt just talk shit lmao I respect that hahahaha 

• Upvote 2

Also like The Word Alive, not bad but just meh. Chronos tho, yes.

• Upvote 1

I mean...I really enjoyed "Ire", but this one...hmm. Fucking epic album art, though. :/

Chronos is real dope. In Cemetary Bloom I was expecting the heaviest breakdown, the entire song felt like a build up...to nothing. The breakdown in In Blood is cool too, not sure if I like the album as a whole though, first listens never do the full thing justice, gotta spin it at least 5 more times. 

• Upvote 1

it's different. for better or for worse, that's up to the individual listener. personally, i'll take the horizons/deep blue sound.

Ive been a huge PWD fan since Killing With A Smile, and like Winston, Ive outgrown metalcore too. I really didnt like Ire all that much, so I was expecting to be a little disappointed with this album. But I couldnt have been more wrong. This album absolutely crushes. If you dont like it because theyve changed their style, I can see that. But to call it trash is just immature. This is the more well written, artistic album they have made yet. Winston's lyrics have always been great but he really stepped it up on this album. I honestly think this might be their best album overall.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Buttercup420 said:

Ive been a huge PWD fan since Killing With A Smile, and like Winston, Ive outgrown metalcore too. I really didnt like Ire all that much, so I was expecting to be a little disappointed with this album. But I couldnt have been more wrong. This album absolutely crushes. If you dont like it because theyve changed their style, I can see that. But to call it trash is just immature. This is the more well written, artistic album they have made yet. Winston's lyrics have always been great but he really stepped it up on this album. I honestly think this might be their best album overall.

Have always been a fan of the " this band sucks now because I do not like this " argument. Lots of bands artists I do not like that I would never say suck. It is cool to not like it, just don't be silly about it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BRDSX said:

Have always been a fan of the " this band sucks now because I do not like this " argument. Lots of bands artists I do not like that I would never say suck. It is cool to not like it, just don't be silly about it.

My favorite bands of all time are Thrice, Minus the Bear and Brand New...every single album from all of those bands sound completely different than the album that came before it. Ive always loved bands that evolve their sound. To be honest, I dont want to listen to a band stay the exact same their entire career, because thats not inspiration. Thats just going through the motions just to make someone else happy.

• Love 1

I must have been tired and bored as fuck on my first listen to this album. Because my second listen varied HEAVILY. I give this a 9/10. It's much better than I ever thought it would be. And that's coming from someone who's never liked PWD 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Okay I have been listening to this album all day and on my first listen as soon as it finished I wanted to listen to it again and I honestly can't stop listening to it while it is a MASSIVE departure from their old Metalcore roots this still has that signature Parkway sound we've come to love each song has something different to offer and the closer is very subtle and calm but yet so powerful there isn't one song on this album that I didn't like this gets a 10/10 for me it was well worth the wait we may have lost a god in the metalcore genre but we still have a badass band giving us kickass metal

I know I really enjoy an album/band when I always find myself humming the guitars.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, threepercent said:

Overrated as always.

I thought that of them for a while. But I like the way they sound now. 

4 hours ago, mjistheway701 said:

alright some new dad metal

If this is dad metal then I'm about to have me some kids, walk the plank at a festival in front of 30,000 pirates and kick the little cunts out into the pit. 

Album is a fucking wild trip and I'm going round and round again. 10/10 dubloons.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

this is not catered towards my likings.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Only one thought came in mind for the first listening... blackmetal(core).  Hmm.. I don't like the changes but this is a personal opinion.

Chronos is by far my favorite on the album. I truly don't like the songs where he's just talking, then screams for a few seconds, and then goes back to talking. Sadly, that's like 50% of the album. It's not shit, or a masterpiece, it's fine. Just really wish they didn't over use that. Instrumentals are top tier, though.

After quite many listens, I'm really not a fan of Cemetery Bloom and The Colour of Leaving, but I really love the rest of the record, the sound is MASSIVE as f***, and I honestly think that their early sound is really interesting, even though I'm not a big fan of "classic heavy metal"...

So I think I was right when I downloaded this yesterday, as I went and bought it today !

• Upvote 1

This is dad metal overload. I'm just saving Wishing Wells, In Blood and Chronos, everything else is not my cup of tea anymore.

Instsuments are top notch tho

The amount of people who think this is dad metal seriously make me laugh.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Corpsegrind3r said:

This is dad metal overload. I'm just saving Wishing Wells, In Blood and Chronos, everything else is shit

tenor.gif?itemid=4438513