We are experiencing critical server-side issues. Chatbox and other services may be disabled.
dewey duck

Parkway Drive - Reverence (2018)

111 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - May 4th, 2018

Genre - Metalcore, Heavy Metal 

Quality - MP3 320, kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

01. Wishing Wells
02. Prey
03. Absolute Power
04. Cemetery Bloom
05. The Void
06. I Hope You Rot
07. Shadow Boxing
08. In Blood
09. Chronos
10. The Colour of Leaving

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

Yes.

Full review soon.

*edit*

Okay lads,lords, and ladies this has been a long time coming, this will be my honest review. Biased as well as non biased compared to other metalcore including Parkway's own previous albums. Shall we begin?

Wishing Wells - 5/5 personally. Solid, angry, and powerful intro. Really sets the tone. 3.5/5 from a non biased point of view. Especially with amazing albums like Era by Bleed From Within. Still, a solid intro track.

Prey - 4/5 for me. A fun mix of power metal inspired riffs and the switch up from "Prey for the sorrow" to "If this is your salvation you better Pray" is stellar. Compared to there releases this year alone probably a 2.5-3/5 at most. It's easy to see where modern metalcore fans would get bored.

Absolute Power - 5/5 for me. I honestly wasn't expecting much from this song being the 3rd track in. But was pleasantly suprised by a single that gave me vibes from older Disturbed and as odd as it may sound P.O.D but then at the end reminds you exactly what band this is. And wraps up viciously. For metal/metalcore fans I'd probably say it can range from 2-4/5. It really depends on the types of bands you're into but PWD or not it's a cool track.

Cemetery Bloom - 5/5 for me. Wow what can I say. I wasn't expecting to get chills from a Parkway Drive song like that. The ominous chanting almost tugged at those memories of the first time ever playing a Halo game and hearing the Monk chanting. Very VERY cool. For metalcore fans probably a 1.5-2/5 sadly. I think it's a cool track but I know others will skip it.

The Void - 4/5 a catchy headbanger that will be a real crowd pleaser at shows. Not at all really their normal style but fun to listen to and jam out to. Not really metalcore but also not bad. For just metalcore fans probably a 2.5/5 but for fans of more classic types of metal it'll probably be closer to my personal score.

I Hope You Rot - 4/5 only reason it's not a 5 is because the rumors of CJ McMahon being featured were false. However, the song itself was super enjoyable in its own right. Reminded me a lot of 'Vicious' from Ire. Solid banger. And those guitar whips. Spicey. For metalcore fans probably a 4/5 it's just good. Also reminds me a bit of 'Bed Of Snakes' from the new BFW album.

Shadow Boxing 5/5 holy fuck. This song is so bizarre but in the best way. It's very much classic Slipknot fast paced spoken word maybe even rapping some may say but it switches right back into a ruthless banger that's unmistakably Parkway Drive. Really cool track. Possibly my favorite besides Chronos but more on that later. Honestly I think metalcore fans would give this a solid 4/5 if they have a fully functional brain. Or enjoy really cool songs. That whisper "no one will save you..." brief silent pause "AHHH!!!" Killer track.

In Blood - 5/5 that lead in gets the heart pounding and head bobbing before we even hear vocals. Such an enjoyable song. If you like new Bleed From Within I guarantee you'll like this song. The switch ups and tempo changes are so catchy and slick. Probably a 4.5-5/5 for the average metalcore fan honestly. Spicey track. "SCORCHED FUCKIIIIING EARTH!" 

Chronos - 5/5 dear God this song was a delightful experience. It's got such a range of emotions touching some deep stuff if you pry just beneath the surface. The longest track on the album. Not even kidding. At one point I thought the next song had started but Chronos is the gift that just keeps on giving. A solid metalcore track but with lots of classic metal influence. It's both in one somehow. An absolute metalcore/metal gem. The average listener would probably rate it a 3.5-4/5. Either because "it's too long" or "not enough breakdowns or chug" etc. Really cool track.

The Color of Leaving - 4/5 not a 5 because I didn't want to feel what I felt from this song. Really heavy lyrics about life, death, and arguing with God just to list a few. Winston trying full on cleans and it's quite good. A sweet "Goodnight my love" on the album. A soft, contemplating tone to send us off with (until/unless there's bonus tracks later on) average listener might only give it a 1/5 because it's not metalcore at all. Hell it's not even metal. It's a soft song that bleeds into a poem. While I personally loved it I know others will hate it and meme the shit out of it. Shame on them.

Overall this met and exceeded my expectations overall. Such a fun album and whether or not you like Parkway Drive or not, this album covers a lot of musical territory.

46/50 or 92/100 for me. For everyone else, we'll that's up to you. I cannot express how much I love this site and this community through the hypes and the downs, the trolls and the memes, and all the music loving people that come here.

This album was my personal most anticipated. In fact it's practically a damn meme at this point about how much I've been hyped for this and I'm very happy. I know some won't be but that's okay. Its okay to like different things, that's what makes us all different and all jokes aside, all disputes and disagreements aside, I do appreciate every single person on here. Especially the negative nancies that love to give me so much shit for lengthy posts...like this one.... but I hope everyone has a great day/week and enjoys all the new music, even if it's not Parkway Drive. <3

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

Thinking about being the first one to rant, but eh, i'm busy with other tunes.

• Upvote 2

HELLYEAAA :fap::fap:

Untitled.png 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3
  • Haha 31

Fuck Yes!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

hahahaha, "metalcore" 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, flo_whoresnop said:

hahahaha, "metalcore" 

@Spyro the Dragon no offense, but i saw that Winston said himself they "outgrew" metalcore, but nevertheless thank you! 

• Upvote 1

Let the bashing begin..

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Voinolin said:

Thinking about being the first one to rant, but eh, i'm busy with other tunes.

Why bother? Nothing's gonna change. You could use that time and energy to do something positive.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Galaxyass said:

Why bother? Nothing's gonna change. You could use that time and energy to do something positive.

That was a joke, man.

• Upvote 1

Sweet, new Atreyu album. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Voinolin said:

That was a joke, man.

Oh. Hard to see that through text sometimes.

Awesome. Been looking forward to this:D

• Upvote 1

I'm kinda digging this honestly. It's a huge change. Those riffs are fun though. I'm a sucker I guess. 

I think it's a better fleshed out and overall stronger album than Ire, but still won't come close to Atlas. The Void is arguably my least liked song on this, most of the unreleased songs are quite cool and well written. What intrigues me the most is how they did Chronos, it feels like at times they wanted fans to hear "Carrion" (intro and +3 minute mark) or stuff from Atlas (towards the end). Also Winston has cool rapping and clean vocals, they work, also Absolute Power fucking bangs.

• Upvote 2

My most disappointing album of the year. The blood and Chronos are the only remotely good songs on the album. 

• Haha 1

I really enjoy every song. You can feel the emotion they put into the album especially when you read the meaning of the album and songs. Abusolute Power, Shadow Boxing, In Blood, Chronos, I Hope You Rot are heavy hitters with Wishing Wells. Prey, The Void, are songs that branch out more towards different styles in my opinion. Cemetery Bloom is interesting about Winston's wife and his words and poetry are so good throughout the album. The Colour Of Leaving is emotional and heartbreaking about the loss of the band's friends dying to cancer. Overall I'd give it an 8/10. Better than I was expecting. This album was scaring me but I have faith Parkway will be safe in the future with this direction.

• Upvote 1

I hope you rot guitar solo, at the end of the song, is bullshit. I honestly wanted to listen to that, but noooo; "let's do a fade away". fuck that. I hate it shit. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Evanwiger said:

I hope you rot guitar solo, at the end of the song, is bullshit. I honestly wanted to listen to that, but noooo; "let's do a fade away". fuck that. I hate it shit. 

That weirded me out so much, like when they initially started the fadeout I thought "hey ok, the track is ending, not a fan of fadeouts..." and then as the song reaches like ~50% volume THEY START PROPER FUCKING RIFFS :lol: 

• Sad 2

Almost missing my class so I can listen to this

• Upvote 1

@SavageWraith Great review

Couldn't agree more. The ending of The Colour Of Leaving has some of the best lyrics. 

"You never know the words you should've said until they're all you're left with, until the dirt is falling and the guilt it burns your bones. And we ask the biggest question, Why the fuck did this all happen? Who on earth deserves this and what the hell do we do now? So we live like we have lost and we love like we are broken. And as the color leaves the sky we are left in reverence of the frailty of it all."

God I love this band.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SavageWraith said:

Shadow Boxing 5/5 holy fuck. This song is so blizzard but in the best way. It's very much classic Slipknot fast paced spoken word maybe even rapping some may say but it switches right back into a ruthless banger that's unmistakably Parkway Drive. Really cool track. Possibly my favorite besides Chronos but more on that later. Honestly I think metalcore fans would give this a solid 4/5 if they have a fully functional brain. Or enjoy really cool songs. That whisper "no one will save you..." brief silent pause "AHHH!!!" Killer track.

These were my thoughts too about this song. Im hearing "In Blood" now, and so far, it has strong tracks, solid tracks and one masterpiece. Shadow Boxing is just Art. 

I definitely will buy the album tomorrow :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, I Am Ire said:

@SavageWraith Great review

Couldn't agree more. The ending of The Colour Of Leaving has some of the best lyrics. 

"You never know the words you should've said until they're all you're left with, until the dirt is falling and the guilt it burns your bones. And we ask the biggest question, Why the fuck did this all happen? Who on earth deserves this and what the hell do we do now? So we live like we have lost and we love like we are broken. And as the color leaves the sky we are left in reverence of the frailty of it all."

God I love this band.

Thanks man. I agree. Now that it's here I can rest easy and wake up in 8 hours and enjoy all the other great releases on this wondrous Leak Day haha. 

Didn't like any single so far,

was afraid I wouldn't like this album,

and I was right... sadly...

The artwork is the only thing I like about this album...

It's not about direction or stuff, I just can't get into it. I wish I could like I did for Atlas... fav song's Shadow Boxing tho

Hop you guys enjoy this album more than I do

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Parkway Drive > College Finals ;)

Overrated as always.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 3