600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - May 4th, 2018

Genre - Metalcore, Post-Hardcore

Quality - MP3, 320kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. Red Clouds

2. Why Am I Like This?

3. Stare at the Sun (feat. Danny Worsnop)

4. I Fucked Up

5. War Evermore

6. Human (feat. Sincerely Collins)

7. I Don't Mind

8. Real Life

9. Lost In the Dark

10. My Enemy

11. Run Away

12. Lonely

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

I'm digging this a lot more than Dark Matter on a first listen

Just at that godly warsnop feature

War Evermore is fucking lovely

best thing since "Life Cycles". better production than most recent albums also

Dark matter got me into twa this has blown me the fuck away

Just now, arthur.sh said:

Very boring stuff
Shitty sound
Dark Matter was better

Lies they are both equally as good

beautiful stuff

My verdict:

Probably one of their top 3 albums, however not better than Life Cycles (my favourite).

I have been a huge TWA fan since 2011 (met them all numerous times) and I think this album is an obvious change in direction, but the poppier stuff will fit into their sets brilliantly. It's a nice development from Dark Matter, especially in Telle's vocal dynamism - he's a really fantastic vocalist and this is demonstrated in songs like Stare at the Sun (verse 2 made me think "Jesus Christ telle"). 

HOWEVER,

I think this album has the worst TWA song ever made, and I'm talking about ever, including the EP with Craig Mabbit. 

I Don't Mind is so out of place here, I don't know what they were thinking but it's like they wanted to make a song that sounded like 5SOS. I pushed myself to finish it the first time but it didn't deliver. It's just so out of place. Maybe it's a grower, but initial impressions were awful. This is in no way a TWA song and is akin to those nasty B-Sides on the Falling In Reverse album "Coming Home", yet it made the full album. 

This album is very nice impressive overall, some great guitar work really stands out in this one. 

Verdicts:

Red Clouds - 8/10 - a nicely balanced heavy/poppy intro, classic TWA.

Why Am I Like This - 8/10 - really catchy

Stare at the Sun - 9/10 - Telle goes HARD.

I fucked up - 8/10 - the chorus on this is really catchy

War Evermore - 9/10 - the chorus is still in my head and will be for a while

Human - 7/10 - a change of pace but the dynamics are really nice. Really nice. I don't like the rapping though, or at least it doesn't add anything to the song for me. Would've preferred a popular singer rather than a rapper. At least it blends well unlike, say, Stray From the Path's song "The House Always Wins".

I Don't Mind 0/10 - terrible.

Real Life - 8/10 a more poppy song but its good. The intro synth was really 80s. I love the guitars in this. It's a VERY UPBEAT song and I love that. The chorus of this is an anthem and will be fun live. This is one of my highlights from this album

Lost in there Dark - 8/10

My Enemy - 9/10 - Classic TWA. I love this.

Run Away - 8/10 - great.

Lonely  - 8/10 - a more energetic closer but decent. No Astral Plane though.

This band haven't let me down and I really like this release.

If I didn't have so much shit to do today, i'd listen to this right now.

my "review" because who would really care:

Red Clouds: I personally find it pretty boring, the bridge at the end saves the song

Why Am I Like This?: reminds me of slow songs on Dark Matter

Stare At The Sun: very decent song, nice screams

I Fucked Up: half melodic half heavy, pretty good tho, nice breakdown during the last bridge

War Evermore: crowd song, get ready for some unoriginal "WOO HOOOO everybody clap your hands"

Human: that rap bridge, well... I was about to say songs are all kinda the same, guess I was wrong. Blending pretty well I guess

I Don't Mind: probably my fav song of the album, hits the teenager inside me, reminds me of some old school chorus, guitar solo is tasty

Real Life: back to Dark Matter style-intro, just another TWA song

Lost In The Dark: almost another crowd chant song, thanks to the bridge the song is good

My Enemy: good song, probably the most heavy one, bridge is, ONCE AGAIN, tasty

Run Away: very pleasant song, guess what are on the bridge? yeah you're right, some wooo hooo wooo hooo, yay !

Lonely: great tune, expected something more memorable to close an album, but that's ok

overall pretty decent, expected something like this, probably will need some time so it grows on me

gotta say TWA can thanks their bridges that saves most of their songs. it's maybe only me, but I will not remember the songs because of the chorus or the lyrics, but mostly because of the bridges, with powerful scream/riffs/breakdowns

edits: typo

Holy shit, this was an amazing experience, TWA still hasn't let me down. May even write a review soon. Good shit. 

Yeeess.  Thank you for the upload.  Been checking all week

Most of this was way better than expected. I think I just might like this more than Dark Matter. It's definitely nothing new or next level but it's catchy as hell. Thank you as always fam. 

1 minute ago, Lonestar said:

Most of this was way better than expected. I think I just might like this more than Dark Matter. It's definitely nothing new or next level but it's catchy as hell. Thank you as always fam. 

Agreed, a continuation of the same sound isn't bad, as long as it's a consistently good sound 

At this point I’d say it’s not quite as strong as Dark Matter but they’re definitely comparable. Honestly, I think this record suffers from the same issues as DM.

I don’t think these guys consistently play to their strengths, which is puzzling. They have a knack for quick change ups that create natural heaviness. So why don’t they do it?

I’d argue “Made This Way” is one of their best songs and it demonstrates exactly what I’m talking about. The chorus has so much umph to it and it’s catchy as hell. The second verse has that djenty vibe to it and the bridge/breakdown literally pops. It’s memorable and gives the listener something to look forward to.

I guess that’s what I’m getting at. Songs like “War Evermore” “Real Life” and “Lost In the Dark” just don’t seem to go anywhere. Nothing ever really happens? Dark Matter had that same section about midway through the record. Several tracks that lacked energy and just felt like...well songs.

And I’m not saying Telle needs to be constantly screaming or anything like that. But it’s obvious the band’s best songs capture both sides of the spectrum. If they put out a record with back to back tracks that hit you the way “Trapped” and “Made this Way” do it’d be 10/10. Cut out the safe filler crap. Like everyone says: they have the ability, they just don’t do it.

Violent Noise: 7/10 (for now)

Dark Matter: 8.5/10

@Seahawk While I don't agree with you about Made This Way (good song but not my top 5 of DM) the rest is more or less spot on. They could write 10 straight up bangers but every album has these low points for at least 3 songs, and comparing how simple some songs are (Real Life) in comparison with a song like Stare At The Sun it just ends up feeling like a decent, but rushed and fillery song. I think people overrate Deceiver, but at the same time the band could do so much more. I personally like that they tried out cool new concepts like the more than salvageable rap feature, the pop punk Sum 41 sounding shit like I Don't Mind, but this album is almost on par with Dark Matter at best, but probably even considerably worse.

Better at first listen than Dark Matter.

"War Evermore" is the best song in the album, even tho there are no screams, guitar/bass work is amazing and lyrics are powerfull.

My Enemy, I Don't Mind , Why am I Like This and I Fucked Up are the best ones imao. Very good album.

After one listen, this just screams "average". There are definitely some high points like Danny's feature on "Stare at the Sun", the bridge in "War Evermore" and the entirety of "My Enemy." However, basically 0 parts ever elicit anything resembling a strong emotional response from me, or make me think "wow I love this." I really wanted more songs like Trapped, Sellout and Dark Matter, but instead we got Branded, Grunge and Insane. This band has SO much potential but they have come short of meeting it for the last 6 years. Maybe we're just overestimating them, but they really do shine with some songs. This album has the least amount of those shining moments in their entire discography, I'd say.

PWD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TWA.

@Dwesk Yeah spot on man. I actually like “I Don’t Mind” and “Human.” They’re not heavy but at least they’re interesting. Some of it will probably grow on me. These guys need to take some notes from Treehouse and maybe even Hard Feelings. ISS and BTF figured out how to incorporate heavier sounds in lighter, more approachable songs. I guess that’s what TWA is trying to do?

This is a perfect beginners album for new listeners of TWA, easy to digest with a great amount of variety of sounds before you dive into Dark Matter or Deciever. Telle really has a mellow melody most of the abum which is a good change of pace from most TWA. Overall a solid album. Their best, no. Still enjoyable all around.

The only thing I don't like about this is the album art.

Don't get me wrong its good but it will probalby need a few more listens before I rank it, not sure if its better than Dark Matter it could be which would make it 2nd on the list

I think Real was their best album overall and after it they tried to pull what ISS did after New Demons, however DM was not a very memorable attempt at branching off into new territory and this, while better than DM, is nothing close to what Real was. That being said this is still a very solid album 7.5/10 on first listen.

Edit: I don't Mind has got to be the most out of place song on an album EVER!!

2 minutes ago, Almighty Donut said:

I think Real was their best album overall and after it they tried to pull what ISS did after New Demons, however DM was not a very memorable attempt at branching off into new territory and this, while better than DM, is nothing close to what Real was. That being said this is still a very solid album 7.5/10 on first listen.

Thats how I feel about REAL, hugely forgetable imo

Just now, Summers said:

Thats how I feel about REAL, hugely forgetable imo

Yeah I really get why they switched up after REAL  because anything following it would not have been comparable.