swanny3214

Best Headphones for everyday use

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Currently in the market for a new pair of headphones (not earphones). 

I am currently looking at the Bose QC35II as they are the top of the range in terms of comfort and quality.

Do you have any recommendations? Price below $500 would be prefered :P 

Thanks guys :) 

Bought these around 2 months ago and they're fantastic if you're into bluetooth. Battery life is so good I forget I have to even charge them. Also has the option of a aux chord which when you insert and twist it's locked in place and can't be pulled out. I've owned a lot of expensive headphones over the year but for under $180 these are the best I've ever owned.

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-hd-4-50-btnc

2 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

I've heard this are rather flat in terms of EQ and are better for studio. Would they be good say on a train?

4 minutes ago, swanny3214 said:

I've heard this are rather flat in terms of EQ and are better for studio. Would they be good say on a train?

yea they dont have a lot bass, I usually dont use much EQ as it is, rather hear the music the way it is supposed to be heard but these are super clear and sound great even if you mess with the EQ. The reviews and average score should say it all in my opinion, I love these though. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

yea they dont have a lot bass, I usually dont use much EQ as it is, rather hear the music the way it is supposed to be heard but these are super clear and sound great even if you mess with the EQ. The reviews and average score should say it all in my opinion, I love these though. 

Thanks man! I will go and try and test drive these wherever i can find them

40 minutes ago, swanny3214 said:

Hi all,

Currently in the market for a new pair of headphones (not earphones). 

I am currently looking at the Bose QC35II as they are the top of the range in terms of comfort and quality.

Do you have any recommendations? Price below $500 would be prefered :P 

Thanks guys :) 

FYI Bose are great, but can be over priced. I love Bose. I have Bose for my tv speakers and have had many an earbud by them but never over ear cans.

• Upvote 1

I use beats studios i have zero complaints 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I own a pair of Sennheiser Momentum on-ear (version 1) that I bought 3-4 years ago and use daily, in every weather. Sound is great and they've been holding up really well, no complaints at all!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xMXUx said:

I own a pair of Sennheiser Momentum on-ear (version 1) that I bought 3-4 years ago and use daily, in every weather. Sound is great and they've been holding up really well, no complaints at all!

^

This. Got some Sennheiser In-Ears years ago and i still love em

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, xMXUx said:

I shall add these to consideration. thanks guys!

19 hours ago, BRDSX said:

FYI Bose are great, but can be over priced. I love Bose. I have Bose for my tv speakers and have had many an earbud by them but never over ear cans.

Bode ftw

• Haha 1

Honestly, Ive tried so many different headphones, audio technica m50's m50x's, many different Sennheisers around the the hd400 range, Beyerdynamic, Sony, beats, etc, but I always draw back to the Skullcandy Aviators. They have an amazing amount of clarity, which is great for hardcore as well as any other genre. They also are comfortable to wear for multiple hours, (unlike the close competitor Audio technica m50's, which clamp way to tight to be worn for long extended periods).

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hijack this thread (I can make a new one if you want) but I'm also after new headphones! (In ear / straight down style)

I currently have the cx 3.00 which feel great, bassy and have really good sound isolation. I feel like I'm missing out though on superior sounding earphones so want an upgrade on top of the things I listed.

I've done some research to see some recommendations but most seem to point to earphones that go over the ear which is not what I'm looking for e.g. shure

So far I've come across these but maybe someone can recommend something better:

- 1more triple driver (I heard these have terrible sound isolation which puts me off)

- sennheiser momentum 2.0 (I've only really used this brand so trust them I guess, not sure if these are better than the cx3.00 though? Has mixed reviews)

- rockjaw alpha genus v2 (they look nice but not sure if they're better than the cx3.00)

My budget is up to £100.

Hope someone can help me, thanks!