dewey duck

Shinedown - Attention Attention [Deluxe] (2018)

41 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - May 4th, 2018

Genre - Alternative Metal, Hard Rock

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC (CD-Rip)

Tracklist:

01. THE ENTRANCE (0:39)
02. DEVIL (3:27)
03. BLACK SOUL (3:23)
04. ATTENTION ATTENTION (3:50)
05. KILL YOUR CONSCIENCE (3:52)
06. PYRO (3:50)
07. MONSTERS (4:08)
08. DARKSIDE (3:53)
09. CREATURES (3:56)
10. EVOLVE (2:56)
11. GET UP (4:05)
12. special (3:44)
13. THE HUMAN RADIO (4:09)
14. BRILLIANT (4:34)

15. HEADCASE (3:21) (Bonus)

16. ANWTD (3:24) (Bonus)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Like 4
  • Love 1

inhale

exhale

Crap!!  I knew I should have brought my computer to work!!

Black Soul should've been a single

• Love 5

Attention! Attention! 
May I have all your eyes and ears to the front of the room,
If only, if only for one second.
Will you hear what I have to say?
Oh, did I mention when I see you it stings like hell?
To the fact that we could have something that'll never happen

• Like 1

CD FLAC added!

Pretty meh album but has some good songs and cool parts, album closer is Brilliant.

27 minutes ago, ItsLogan said:

Black Soul should've been a single

Right?! That's easily my favorite so far.

I'm actually digging this quite a bit. I can definitely see a bit of a thematic arc to the album overall (even if it's not as dramatic as you'd think from the way Brent's been talking about it in interviews), and there's a cool diversity of styles on here. On the last album it feels like they tried to add in more elements of other genres and it largely felt forced or poorly executed, whereas here the experiments they try feel more natural and like they have an actual purpose.

should be fun, wanna move my body to this

Based on the few comments above, tentatively eager to check it out.

When I first started listening to Black Soul I was like "wtf is this?" and then the chorus kicked in. Definitely Shinedown's heaviest song since Son of Sam. Album is actually pretty good, I like it a lot more than Threat to Survival so far.

I think this album is absolutely fantastic. Sure, it's not the Shinedown we all grew to love. But I think this could qualify as a "perfect" album much like Sound of Madness did. It's a little more mainstream, but I didn't hear one weak song! It won't be for everyone. But I do believe they can easily see a second wave of new found success with this one.

• Like 1

uhmm whys it all CAPS LOCK?

1. Sound of Madness

2. Leave A Whisper

3. Amaryllis 

4.  ATTENTION ATTENTION 

5. Us and Them

6. Threat to Survival

(1-4 are very very close)

Guys im not a Shinedown fan so if you're expecting a lot good luck. Devil is just meh to me. Black Soul was good. Attention Attention is meh as well. Kill your Conscience is alright. Pyro is really good. Monsters is good (great intro) (great guitar riff).  Darkside is alright, not bad tho. Creatures is alright. Evolve is good. Get Up is good. Special is good. The Human Radio Really good. Brilliant is Meh. 

As for a new person to Shinedown. I give the album an 8/10 

Will I save these songs in my playlist? Prob not. The only song I truly love is The Human Radio which is on my playlist. That's the only song I added and keeping that. Just wanted to see how the album is. It's good. Just not my kind won't add it to my playlist tho.

6 minutes ago, realowl said:

Guys im not a Shinedown fan so if you're expecting a lot good luck. Devil is just meh to me. Black Soul was good. Attention Attention is meh as well. Kill your Conscience is alright. Pyro is really good. Monsters is good (great intro) (great guitar riff).  Darkside is alright, not bad tho. Creatures is alright. Evolve is good. Get Up is good. Special is good. The Human Radio Really good. Brilliant is Meh. 

As for a new person to Shinedown. I give the album an 8/10 

Will I save these songs in my playlist? Prob not. The only song I truly love is The Human Radio which is on my playlist. That's the only song I added and keeping that. Just wanted to see how the album is. It's good. Just not my kind won't add it to my playlist tho.

You going to add anything to your playlist?

• Haha 3

Not what I was expecting from them, but I like it well enough. 

Except Darkside. I couldn’t make it through that one. Made think of the Night at the Roxbury dance. 

7 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

You going to add anything to your playlist?

Like I said The Human Radio. Shinedown is not my kind of taste so im not gonna to add them to my playlist.

This is my favorite shinedown album probably. And the first I've enjoyed in a while 

3 hours ago, redeemer96 said:

uhmm whys it all CAPS LOCK?

Styling, kinda like how it's cool to disable auto capitalization and have everything lower case

My post from another forum.

After a few listens I must say that it is an improvement over their past two releases but still rather underwhelming.  There just isn't that feeling of "Wow" that they captured on albums such as "The Sound Of Madness" and "Leave A Whisper".  Most songs are rather forgettable.  It almost seems that their career path is an exact parallel to In This Moment.  Blow us away early and disappoint us late.  I still hold hope that they will have a Godsmack esque resurgence at some point.  And in reference to Godsmack, "When Legends Rise" is how you do it. 

4 minutes ago, Altered84 said:

My post from another forum.

After a few listens I must say that it is an improvement over their past two releases but still rather underwhelming.  There just isn't that feeling of "Wow" that they captured on albums such as "The Sound Of Madness" and "Leave A Whisper".  Most songs are rather forgettable.  It almost seems that their career path is an exact parallel to In This Moment.  Blow us away early and disappoint us late.  I still hold hope that they will have a Godsmack esque resurgence at some point.  And in reference to Godsmack, "When Legends Rise" is how you do it. 

As a major shinedown fan I can agree and disagree with this. The last two albums were forgettable, but I feel this one brought back that feeling of wow, and brought a new sound for them to the table, I love the album, the only forgettable track imo is the title track 

2 hours ago, Mayhem959 said:

As a major shinedown fan I can agree and disagree with this. The last two albums were forgettable, but I feel this one brought back that feeling of wow, and brought a new sound for them to the table, I love the album, the only forgettable track imo is the title track 

Noted.  But I am sure you realize this is relative.  My comparison was in contrast to what I believe what was their best two albums and when you consider that the results are glaring imo.  Not to say this album is a loss, it just didn't hit me like the previously mentioned.

33 minutes ago, Altered84 said:

Noted.  But I am sure you realize this is relative.  My comparison was in contrast to what I believe what was their best two albums and when you consider that the results are glaring imo.  Not to say this album is a loss, it just didn't hit me like the previously mentioned.

I understand that, I'm glad we can respect each other's opinions and talk about this instead of arguing. I see your side too

• Like 1

Hopefully the 2 bonus tracks get posted soon, anxious to hear them.

This makes me want to watch some world of warcraft pvp movies

ah, good ol' days

On 5/2/2018 at 8:49 PM, realowl said:

Like I said The Human Radio. Shinedown is not my kind of taste so im not gonna to add them to my playlist.

Flew right over your head buddy. :lol:

Hope this is at least something on par with Sound of Madness or Leave A Whisper. Probably not, but hey. I got hope. Thanks a bunch! :*

EDIT: Also the caps locked songs are really annoying. I hate when groups do this. Gonna change them to lower case first out of pure OCD before i listen.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Anyone know if we can get the 2 bonus tracks?  Supposedly they are only on Walmart CDs.  Someone must have them....right?

Just sent in the 2 bonus tracks.  "Headcase" and "ANWTD (A New Way to Die)" .....so, I'm sure the staff will post shortly.