BenjaminBurnley

Chelsea Grin - Dead Rose [Single] (2018)

44 posts in this topic

any informations about when the album's dropping? 

anyway this and Alex' new song are both amazing! 

• Upvote 1

I not speak english very well, but this music is a fucking

• Haha 1

Alex Koehler has opted to part ways with the band following his recent time spent in rehab and the life changes he’s made in newly found sobriety.  Our good friend and ally, Tom Barber, has stepped up to the plate to help us achieve a sound we had never imagined. His talent and drive allowed us a renewed energy, making the choice clear. Please provide Tom a warm welcome into the band, and saddle up for a darker, more aggressive sound than you’ve heard from us yet.

It's very sad to hear this. What will happen to Lorna Shore now? :cry:

• Upvote 3

Was initially sad to hear of Alex's departure from the band, but then I heard this song. It's so fucking good. I will definitely miss Alex's vocals, but Tom is an amazing addition to the band and I can't wait to hear the rest of this album when it drops. No anticipated release date announced yet, but I did see on their Facebook page, the album will be called "Eternal Nightmare". 

Hey I really like this, seems like they're kinda returning to form? Don't even care about lack of Alex. Was never fuckhuge on them anyways. Very nice artwork too, maybe the album art will be great too?

• Upvote 1

Hear the Lorna Shore influence from the vocalist but this is sick. Nice and heavy.

• Haha 1

Tom Barber doesn't even sound like himself here, but i guess that's what he wanted to achieve. Not bad.

4 minutes ago, Justin.Tomodachi said:

It’s throwing me off so much that it’s not AK

I just saw that they had part ways and I'm sad but I'm very happy too.. 'cause this guy, Tom, is fucking beast.

Alex Koehler out

Tom Barber (Lorna Shore) in

new album called "Eternal Nightmare"

So, so, sooooo conflicted right now. 

I fuck with Lorna Shore. I fucked with CG even longer. It’s weird seeing this band without at least one original member left. But now things are all different...maybe for the better? Alex had such a long run with them and I never, ever in a million years would’ve imagined he’d he leave. I figured the band would just call it quits or something before then. 

Wow. Sigh. 

Song’s cool. Tom’s cool. It’s gonna take a long fucking time for me to come to grips with the fact that this is CG now. If someone would’ve told me in the past when I saw both LS and CG on the DoE Tour that Tom would be taking Alex’s place, I would’ve just laughed in their face and said “no way.” But, here we are...

Excited for the album nonetheless and I hope Alex drops a new record under his new project. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flo_whoresnop said:

any informations about when the album's dropping? 

anyway this and Alex' new song are both amazing! 

Alex has a new song? Where?

3 minutes ago, DisturbedOne said:

Alex has a new song? Where?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Holy shit this is incredible. Shame it isn't AK but this new vocalist is AS GOOD as AK IF NOT BETTER.

2 minutes ago, flo_whoresnop said:

Yea I found it, it really feels like a Chelsea song, I like it better than thean the new Chelsea song tho

• Upvote 1

+1 for the band getting their shit together. This song is. Heavy. As. Fuck. 

I've always liked the style of Lorna Shore, everything they did was marvelous, seeing Tom leaving LS makes me worried about ever hearing Lorna Shore style of music again, I hope album will have influences from LS' style, if it does, this album will be the best CG album imo. Also the song is amazing, let's see where they'll go with this.

Oh, I can't help but notice that finally a CG song doesn't have the word fuck..

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, flo_whoresnop said:

I actually prefer this to the new CG

1 hour ago, RelenaX said:

I've always liked the style of Lorna Shore, everything they did was marvelous, seeing Tom leaving LS makes me worried about ever hearing Lorna Shore style of music again, I hope album will have influences from LS' style, if it does, this album will be the best CG album imo. Also the song is amazing, let's see where they'll go with this.

Lorna makes good songs but I feel like they stretch them out way too long. Some of their songs don’t need to be like 5 minutes long 

Is Pablo no longer doing backup vocals? What the fuck? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maiko said:

Is Pablo no longer doing backup vocals? What the fuck? 

Its one song, he probably will

This isn't Chelsea Grin. There's no original members left, they should have definitely changed the name. I was excited to hear Alex on here and they didn't even have the balls to tell us Alex was gone until now. Fuck that, I'll go listen to Alex's new project.

Meh...I miss the melodic stuff they did when Jason was in the band. This sounds like a deathcore band from 2008.

this sounds pretty sick, the breakdown with the drummer going ham on the ride cymbal was fun.

side note: i'm sad Tom left Lorna Shore, that band was miles ahead of CG

3 hours ago, RelenaX said:

Tbh I give a band more respect when they don't just use the word fuck instead of a good BLEEEGH or something. Most bands in metalcore/deathcore do it and it gets old. It's much more satisfying lyrically when "fuck" is reserved for a truly angry part or emotional in general. But that's just me. 

Guest Tinnies

Super stoked about this! 

My enthusiasm for CG has been dipping for a long time, Tom is a killer vocalist that could breathe some new life into the band. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.