Sign in to follow this  
Spyro the Dragon

A Perfect Circle - Eat the Elephant (2018)

54 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - April 20th, 2018

Genre - Progressive Rock

Quality - MP3, 320kbps CBR / FLAC (CD-Rip)

Tracklist:

1. Eat The Elephant
2. Disillusioned
3. The Contrarian
4. The Doomed
5. So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish
6. TalkTalk
7. By And Down The River
8. Delicious
9. DLB
10. Hourglass
11. Feathers
12. Get The Lead Out

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

1 minute ago, Dwesk said:

You checked out Caliban and ETF.

i have known ETF for years, and you have a point about caliban

7 minutes ago, Mayhem959 said:

not even sure if i want to check this out or not

If you don't really know this band or Maynard's work overall, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this isn't a good starting point. Start with the old Tool and APC albums. I'm really excited for this but it still seems like it's gonna be very different from what he's usually known for.

yeah in terms of Maynard's body of work, or APC for that matter, this is a really poor place to start.

this album is a lot more somber and downtempo in its instrumentation.

2 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

If you don't really know this band or Maynard's work overall, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this isn't a good starting point. Start with the old Tool and APC albums. I'm really excited for this but it still seems like it's gonna be very different from what he's usually known for.

Really bad starting point for sure, should def start with earlier stuff no matter which band, but earlier Maynard will make someone likes this more in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

3 minutes ago, Ashtiel said:

yeah in terms of Maynard's body of work, or APC for that matter, this is a really poor place to start.

this album is a lot more somber and downtempo in its instrumentation.

1 minute ago, BRDSX said:

Really bad starting point for sure, should def start with earlier stuff no matter which band, but earlier Maynard will make someone likes this more in my opinion.

i will consider though i already hit download on this one

2 minutes ago, Mayhem959 said:

i will consider though i already hit download on this one

You haven't hit play yet though .......

Hate the album cover, dig the tunes

not worth the hype. nothing will compare to the  "Mer de Noms" album..  Majority of this album is soft instrumental you would hear in a dive bar

Anyone having technical difficulties with this one? I can listen to the songs just fine in iTunes but I can't put them on my iPod. It crashes every time saying that some of the songs "could not be found". I've tried two different iPods and it's the same thing. I can add other music no problem though.

Edit: Never mind. The Zippyshare one refused to work so I tried the Pass the Leaks one and it was fine.

Edited by Bleak5170
Fixed my error

33 minutes ago, Handguns said:

Hate the album cover, dig the tunes

I actually like the cover because it's so ugly lol

Just finished listening and it wasn't that bad. The singles sound better in context of the album. Hourglass should have been the first track they released. Delicious seems like a great single as well. EtE doesn't reach the highs of Mer De Noms or Thirteenth Step but I still enjoyed most of it.

The issue for me isnt the heavy factor. They were never that type of band. Yes mer de noms was heavier but after that they seem to love to just focus on strong bass and piano. The difference was the guitar player and drummer used to sprinkle in just enough amazingly cool little riffs or even soft parts that just lent themselves so well to maynards melodies. This album is a huge letdown for me. Its just pretty boring all around. It just seems like a lesser more boring version of what they used to be. Its still cool to hear them again but there wasn't one moment on the album that has me yearning to come back.

FLAC added, enjoy guys!

Pretty cool album, maybe needs more darkness like back in the day, and some tracks are way too weird and too long but overall like a 6-6.5/10 from my enjoyment.

Ouuuuu been waiting for this one!

Let's see where the blue pill takes me

Thank you!  Still buying the CD though.  Where do you buy CD's nowadays?  Like stores you can go to and get it?

Still trying to decide if this is worth the time. Saw Tool last year or year before, was super psyched, even got 2nd row center for $20, and afterwords, I thought, wow that was awful, and have seen APC and Tool play live in the past.  The music just didn't have the same punch and Music has moved on. Hope this is not the same old crap.

20 minutes ago, JPN366 said:

Thank you!  Still buying the CD though.  Where do you buy CD's nowadays?  Like stores you can go to and get it?

since this is a big release, I would think so like Best Buy and Fye and any small stores that sell cds and vinyls and stuff like that 

This should be an interesting listen. I am digging the somber mood on this album so far.

22 minutes ago, JPN366 said:

If you live near a music store or want to support your local box store then this album should be at most major ones. Try local first.

If not, you can go buy on Amazon. You get the CD and mp3 download from them.

The "tickle tickle" section in Hourglass sounds just like Ariel Pink lol

2 hours ago, Spyro the Dragon said:

since this is a big release, I would think so like Best Buy and Fye and any small stores that sell cds and vinyls and stuff like that 

2 hours ago, Soilworker said:

This should be an interesting listen. I am digging the somber mood on this album so far.

If you live near a music store or want to support your local box store then this album should be at most major ones. Try local first.

If not, you can go buy on Amazon. You get the CD and mp3 download from them.

Thanks, guys!  I'll check Best Buy and Target.  Don't have an FYE anymore and the only local record store I know of is across town from me.  I'll definitely order a vinyl copy from Amazon in the near future too.

And remember, APC albums can take time to enjoy.  You may not like it at first, but they're slow burns that can be appreciated for years to come.  It's something you can come back to time and time again and find that you like it more and more.