BenjaminBurnley

Breaking Benjamin - Ember (2018)

113 posts in this topic

I went in with not super high expectations because I hadn't really been into BB in a while, and only listened to one or two singles... but wow, this may be the best album I've heard by them. VERY consistently great album, not a single weak track imo. Gotta hand it to them for still going strong after all this time.

1 minute ago, TylerDurden said:

I went in with not super high expectations because I hadn't really been into BB in a while, and only listened to one or two singles... but wow, this may be the best album I've heard by them. VERY consistently great album, not a single weak track imo. Gotta hand it to them for still going strong after all this time.

This is actually probably their best album. And probably stole my favorite spot for albums by them. They put it together beautifully 

• Love 1

I’ve never listened to BB up until a few weeks ago since I couldn’t get into alt metal for whatever reason and I only listened to the first three records in full and really dug them. Listening to the new album, I’m really enjoying it and I may have to go back and listen to Dear Agony and Dark Before Dawn, haha

8 hours ago, Soilworker said:

Yeah who needs sleep right now. This will be my sleep for the night. So far a rock solid album. Going to be another front-to-back constant listen for me.

Also the album cover makes for the perfect phone home screen.

Screenshot_20180411-013815.png

Cool homescreen. What phone is that?

4 minutes ago, JenovaStark said:

Not sure which phone but I know he's running Lineage OS custom rom, in case you were wondering about that.

Guest Gerard Way

To give a rating.... not counting the intro and outro

Feed the Wolf : 4/5

Red Cold River : 4/5

Tourniquet : 3/5

Psycho : 4/5

The Dark of You : 5/5

Down : 4/5

Torn in Two : 4/5

Blood : 4/5

Save Yourself : 5/5

Close Your Eyes  : 4/5

This album stays true to BB and Ben screams more on this album than previous. It's shown on the track Save Yourself which people don't like for some reason. The Dark of You is my favorite track by far. Sounds a lot like Dear Agony to me. Unfortunately the only downside is the fact there's only 10 tracks and 4 of them were released before the album. Really wish the intro and outro were full tracks. Other than that, I have listened to this album six times already and it's a banger. BB forever.

3 minutes ago, Gerard Way said:

To give a rating.... not counting the intro and outro

Feed the Wolf : 4/5

Red Cold River : 4/5

Tourniquet : 3/5

Psycho : 4/5

The Dark of You : 5/5

Down : 4/5

Torn in Two : 4/5

Blood : 4/5

Save Yourself : 5/5

Close Your Eyes  : 4/5

This album stays true to BB and Ben screams more on this album than previous. It's shown on the track Save Yourself which people don't like for some reason. The Dark of You is my favorite track by far. Sounds a lot like Dear Agony to me. Unfortunately the only downside is the fact there's only 10 tracks and 4 of them were released before the album. Really wish the intro and outro were full tracks. Other than that, I have listened to this album six times already and it's a banger. BB forever.

KL community: it's not heavy so it's bad! 

Also KL community: it's too heavy so it's bad! 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Mayhem959 said:

KL community: it's not heavy so it's bad! 

Also KL community: it's too heavy so it's bad! 

Not sure how this comment is relevant to @Gerard Way comment, since it was 100% positive and didnt talk about things being heavy or not lol, anyways , im out.giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Spyro the Dragon said:

I’ve never listened to BB up until a few weeks ago since I couldn’t get into alt metal for whatever reason and I only listened to the first three records in full and really dug them. Listening to the new album, I’m really enjoying it and I may have to go back and listen to Dear Agony and Dark Before Dawn, haha

If you like Ember I know you will love Dark Before Dawn. Most of the tracks were kind of the same style as it.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

Not sure how this comment is relevant to @Gerard Way comment, since it was 100% positive and didnt talk about things being heavy or not lol, anyways , im out.giphy.gif

He mentioned that he didn't understand why people didn't like Save Yourself, a song that had mostly screams, so I decided to poke fun at the community, I was not poking fun at him

2 hours ago, Jak said:

A little confused with your opinion on Save Yourself, it was one of the lesser tracks on the album yes, but how can you give it a 1/5 just because Ben screams the majority of the song? That's like listening to a Hardcore album and complaining that the vocals are too harsh lol.

To me Save Yourself just had weird guitar riffs that I think didn't mix well with the screams. Also, ben's Screams in this song are kind of like most screamos that I see nowadays in this song that's why I don't like it. Im not a screamo fan so it just didn't hook with me in this song. Everyone has different taste in music I just don't like this one song. 

• Upvote 1

Really great album, alot of the songs sound the same but it works so well because none of them are off beat in any way.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ItsLogan said:

Really great album, alot of the songs sound the same but it works so well because none of them are off beat in any way.

This has got to be satire.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Dwesk said:

This has got to be satire.

You're right, album is alright at best. <3 but really, its wonderful after listening for a second time.

Overall easily there strongest overall album. I actually thought the songs we didnt hear yet were all great. I especially love the verse riff/groove of the last song. Only thing is I see this being the last album they can get away with this on. There going to have to change it up a little next round. And now the wait for albums of the year for me.....Sevendust and the word alive

1 minute ago, ItsLogan said:

You're right, album is alright at best. <3

See now the reasoning why it's great makes sense. :lol: 

Really wish I could get into BB but the vocals just don't do it for me. The music on this is top notch though.

3 hours ago, JenovaStark said:

Motorola G5 Plus 64 GB. I bought it a month ago on sale for $210. Killer deal, and its my first smart phone. Gets a thumbs up from me.

3 hours ago, Jak said:

Not sure which phone but I know he's running Lineage OS custom rom, in case you were wondering about that.

The only modification I have done to the phone was get the Nova Launcher app. That is what changed my setup for the home screen, background and layout.

After a few front-to-back listens, this album just keeps growing on me. It has the right mix and clash of heavy/light.

This. Is. A. Good. Album.

'the dark in you' is a great song

• Upvote 1

My only issue with this album is some of the songs have weird auto-tuning or vocal correction techniques on some of the choruses.. like way over done.

Album still gets a solid 8 or 9 out of 10 from me.  Very consistent.. not really a single bad track.  Not going to change anyone's mind on them though, if you like BB this is one of their best albums in terms of consistency.. if you dislike BB you'll still dislike them lol.

Fantastic album! 

With that said I have one question, am I the only one that hears a production drop in "Torn In Two"?  It doesn't seem to hit quite as hard as the rest the album, at least when it comes to the bass on a good sound system.

last album was better for sure, not really feeling these tuned screams in this one

5&6&11 tracks are very good though

• Haha 1

Welp, late to the party, but this album is soooo good. Easily the best Breaking Benjamin album in my opinion.

Guest soulklepto

best they’ve sounded since Phobia tbh

Still shocked at how many people disliked " Dark Before Dawn ". That album is killer, not saying in this thread, just what I have seen since it came out, such a good album.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BRDSX said:

Still shocked at how many people disliked " Dark Before Dawn ". That album is killer, not saying in this thread, just what I have seen since it came out, such a good album.

RIGHT? Dark Before Dawn was my second favourite by them after Phobia. That being said, gotta figure out where Ember fits in now.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:07 PM, prsjunkie said:

I just wish contractually they could give us more than 10 songs! 

Where is only 10 songs? I see 12.