Sign in to follow this  
D666N

Bleed From Within - Era (2018)

49 posts in this topic

After hearing the two singles, i had a feeling this album would blow me away. I was blown away by the singles, it's a whole new level for these guys. I honestly listened to this album at least 7 times so far just trying to find a bad song, and i couldn't. When i do my album reviews, i really sit there and just listen. This album has so many influences of other bands, and that's not a bad thing to me. I can hear Unearth, Lamb Of God,  Betraying The Martyrs ( their latest album), and a couple songs reminded me kinda of bleeding through with their fast metalcore style riffs and the way his screams are. It definitely has some groove metal elements and definitely metalcore elements. I give this album a 5/5 and it's one of my contenders for album of the year.

1. Clarity-5/5

2. Crown of Misery-5/5

3. Cast Down-5/5

4. Afterlife-5/5

5. Shiver- 5/5

6. Bed of Snakes-5/5

7. I am Oblivion, Pt II-5/5

8. Alone in the Sun-5/5

9. Gatekeeper-5/5

10. Ruina-5/5

11. Alive-5/5

12. State Decay-5/5

13. Drag you to the Ground-5/5

My favorite songs are afterlife, shiver, bed of snakes, I am oblivion, pt II, and Ruina. But to be honest every fucking song on this album is amazing and straight fire. Holy Fuck is all i have to say really haha.

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

FCKING BANGER

"It's just noise"

13232.png

That guitar on the chorus of bed of snakes is so good

Eargasm. Amazing thing. It may be the best metalcore-album of the year

Great album, sounds a lot like Parkway Drive in almost every way. 

• Love 1

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

After listening to this front to back like 20 times or so I can honestly say this is one of the best Metalcore albums you could listen to in the past few years. Not to mention Scott is probably the first vocalist I've ever heard that sounds pretty damn close to Winston McCall of PWD from Horizons/Deep Blue. I'm not sure how these guys went off my radar for so long especially when I had listened to them years ago but I guess I never picked up a full album just singles. Don't make that mistake lads. THIS is GOOD SHIT. 

And I make the comparison to Horizons/Deep Blue era PWD because those 2 albums solidified PWD as my favorite band and the fact that BFW sound pretty damn similar vocally is probably the highest compliment I could give them. "Crown of Misery" instantly hooked me the same way "Unrest" did on PWD's Deep Blue album. Fast paced, sharp, and a fucking banger. 

DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS

I am usually very careful with my ratings on here unless I'm in love with the band's past work but I came in only ever listening to songs here and there  (regrettably) and I can honestly say with a clear conscious that this is a 9.5/10. Actually no, it's a 10/10. This is a metalcore masterpiece. Every song is 5/5.

Not to mention it feels good to find a great Scottish metalcore band as I am Scottish  (but live in the States fml lol). 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Is it only me who gets slight The Black Dahlia Murder vibes from this? :lol:

Crush on you

tumblr_p8d6h2wYoc1unrq34o3_500.gif

16 hours ago, guywithamango-likeobject said:

That guitar on the chorus of bed of snakes is so good

I love the guitars on that song. It starts out sounding similar to bleeding through, even the vocals sound similar. Then when it gets to the chorus it gives ya a lamb of god vibe, especially with the eerie riff in the background.

Holy shit I just found out about these guys... I'm hyped as fuck now.

16 hours ago, SavageWraith said:

After listening to this front to back like 20 times or so I can honestly say this is one of the best Metalcore albums you could listen to in the past few years. Not to mention Scott is probably the first vocalist I've ever heard that sounds pretty damn close to Winston McCall of PWD from Horizons/Deep Blue. I'm not sure how these guys went off my radar for so long especially when I had listened to them years ago but I guess I never picked up a full album just singles. Don't make that mistake lads. THIS is GOOD SHIT. 

And I make the comparison to Horizons/Deep Blue era PWD because those 2 albums solidified PWD as my favorite band and the fact that BFW sound pretty damn similar vocally is probably the highest compliment I could give them. "Crown of Misery" instantly hooked me the same way "Unrest" did on PWD's Deep Blue album. Fast paced, sharp, and a fucking banger. 

DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS

I am usually very careful with my ratings on here unless I'm in love with the band's past work but I came in only ever listening to songs here and there  (regrettably) and I can honestly say with a clear conscious that this is a 9.5/10. Actually no, it's a 10/10. This is a metalcore masterpiece. Every song is 5/5.

Not to mention it feels good to find a great Scottish metalcore band as I am Scottish  (but live in the States fml lol). 

I decided to read up on these guys, so i can learn more about the band. I found out why i keep getting lamb of god vibes from these guys. Apparently the band formed in glascow, where they initially met at a youth club and would cover lamb of god songs. I've found from experience, that if you cover a band a lot. You end up writing songs influenced by them. Like my band has covered parkway drive a lot. From Smoke em if ya got em, boneyards, carrion, deliver me, wild eyes, and dark days. At shows we would decide between those songs, which parkway drive song we were gonna play at that show. We never played more than one per show though. It was a way to get our crowd excited and moving. Plus parkway drive is my favorite band, and the rest of the guys liked them a lot too. But a couple of our originals, people have said remind them of parkway drive. And we get told our vocalist sounds like him a lot. But i thought that was a fun fact about the band bleed from within covering lamb of god.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Centralia121483 said:

I decided to read up on these guys, so i can learn more about the band. I found out why i keep getting lamb of god vibes from these guys. Apparently the band formed in glascow, where they initially met at a youth club and would cover lamb of god songs. I've found from experience, that if you cover a band a lot. You end up writing songs influenced by them. Like my band has covered parkway drive a lot. From Smoke em if ya got em, boneyards, carrion, deliver me, wild eyes, and dark days. At shows we would decide between those songs, which parkway drive song we were gonna play at that show. We never played more than one per show though. It was a way to get our crowd excited and moving. Plus parkway drive is my favorite band, and the rest of the guys liked them a lot too. But a couple of our originals, people have said remind them of parkway drive. And we get told our vocalist sounds like him a lot. But i thought that was a fun fact about the band bleed from within covering lamb of god.

It's crazy how similar BFW's vocalist Scott sounds like Winston of PWD. It's beyond rare that 2 different vocalists sound that similar. Especially when they're not related and from 2 completely different countries. Especially when Winston's voice has always been pretty unique in the metalcore scene. Your band? Yo my dude what's your bands name? Got any EPs or LPs or singles online anywhere?

24 minutes ago, SavageWraith said:

It's crazy how similar BFW's vocalist Scott sounds like Winston of PWD. It's beyond rare that 2 different vocalists sound that similar. Especially when they're not related and from 2 completely different countries. Especially when Winston's voice has always been pretty unique in the metalcore scene. Your band? Yo my dude what's your bands name? Got any EPs or LPs or singles online anywhere?

My band's name is Centralia, and we don't have the best recordings. They might be decent enough to get a good idea of what we sound like, but that's about it. Our vocalist doesn't have the greatest cleans, but his scream is good. We have had issues keeping bass players, and lead guitarists. They for some reason like to get chicks pregnant or move away. Our first lead guitarist, left because he decided he wanted to play pop punk. Then after playing pop punk he formed the band Take Over Soldiers aka (TOS). If you look up Centralia on Facebook, we're the one from clarion county Pennsylvania or Pittsburgh, Pa . There are other bands named Centralia that just formed over the past 6 years. We have been around since 2010, but haven't been active the whole time due to member changes. We're a metalcore band though. I wish we could get recorded, i would like to get our newer songs recorded. Their a lot better, and more technical than our older songs we have recorded.

On 4/6/2018 at 9:08 PM, Centralia121483 said:

Devil You Know and Light the Torch are the same band, just with a different drummer and the name being changed. So pretty much Devil you Know got a new drummer and decided to change their band name because the old drummer owned the name and was being butt hurt about it.

You are right. I started reading all about it after I commented. Yes, it is a chenge of drummer... yet the single for this album sounded to bland for me. Should hear the whole album. Thanks for the comment!

36 minutes ago, ABSUM said:

You are right. I started reading all about it after I commented. Yes, it is a chenge of drummer... yet the single for this album sounded to bland for me. Should hear the whole album. Thanks for the comment!

I don't know what the first single was, but i really liked calm before the storm. I know calm before the storm might seem kinda bland. But one thing i learned from being a guitarist for over 20 years. Is sometimes more is bad and less is good. There are so many songs out there that aren't that technical but are written very well.

• Love 1

Oh hey, it's what I wanted new Parkway Drive to be

New Bleed From Within is literally the love child of As I Lay Dying and Unearth, and it is such a pretty kid

On 4/9/2018 at 7:59 PM, Vile_Graves said:

Oh hey, it's what I wanted new Parkway Drive to be

why? they never sounded like this....

brdsx.gif

On 07/04/2018 at 2:49 PM, SavageWraith said:

DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS

@SavageWraith  Agree 100% with you. I've been waiting for this album since Uprising in 2013 and from there you can see their real identity culminating to this masterpiece.

Before, they were just a typical deathcore/metalcore band (You can hear some interesting riffs by Goonzi in Empire, but besides that, nothing too original).

Uprising was a huge mark for their creative process and actually is one of my 10 favorite albums of all time (please check this out! You will not regret it), there you can hear the amazing riffs composed by goonzi (just take a look at I Am Oblivion, seriously, this thing stil gives me chills), so in a certain way we had Goonzi at his  peak of creativity. ( Let's not forget the amazing work of Davie on those amazing bass lines).

Deathwalk - EP was pretty much 'ok' for me after Uprising. But this.... booom! As you've mentioned, Scott is KILLING on these vocals.You can also hear lots of influence from Sylosis here (Ali was their drummer from 2015 until now) on the drums. Every aspect of the band is impeccable!

It was very hard for me to believe that they would push themselves even harder after Uprising, but this... I have no words.

I'm really glad that I was mistaken.

5af8ad2d16d5b_die-groe-welle-vor-kanagawa_nicole-yuri-haensgen_yuris-gallery_hokusai-500x200.jpg.fef8d4b21c59f7d496279b441d98a60a.jpg