mR12

Underoath - Erase Me (Target Deluxe) (2018)

205 posts in this topic

I know a lot of people are gonna hate me for this, but really i don't give a fuck. I've been listening to Underoath since new years eve of 1999, and have been a fan since. I remember my friend having their first album and playing it at his new years eve party and everyone being scared that the world was gonna end because it was about to be the year 2000. But of course it didn't and we partied even harder afterwards haha. But i also remember when record stores had a little thing with a scanner and headphones, and you could scan any CD you wanted to. That made it easy to find new bands to listen to, and that's how i found out about most of the bands i listen to. Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, lamb of god, As I Lay Dying, Unearth, and many more. To get back to underoath, i really was disappointed by this album. It's a decent album, but it's definitely not their best. I love Define the Great Line, and in my opinion they won't ever beat that album.

1.It has to start somewhere- 5/5

2. rapture- 3/5

3. on my teeth- 5/5

4. wake me- 4/5

5. bloodlust- 3/5

6. sink with you- 2/5

7. ihateit- 4/5

8. hold your breath- 5/5

9. no frame- 2/5

10. in motion- 4/5

11. i gave up- 3/5

12. loneliness- 5/5

13. another life- 4/5

Overall i give this album a 3.5/5 or maybe a 4/5, and that is just my opinion. Some songs i really liked, some were decent, and some i really didn't like at all. They need to go back to a more underoath sound, and get rid of the sleepwave vibes. I didn't like sleepwave at all. I get that their trying to maybe do something different, or progress. But this isn't different to me, this just sounds like what bring me the horizon is trying to do now. Even though BMTH practically stole it from underoath. Define the Great Line was progression for underoath, those songs on that album are so creative at times, and have a sound that just made ya wanna mosh one minute then relax and just take it all in.

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

Now that I've heard the bonus tracks I can give my review, but goddamn, I actually love those bonus tracks 

As i said a few days ago: "the bonus tracks are always amazing" The perfect ending to this album <3

6 minutes ago, Vicent666 said:

As i said a few days ago: "the bonus tracks are always amazing" The perfect ending to this album <3

94.5% of the time they are not, they arent on the album for a reason.....usually.

21 minutes ago, Centralia121483 said:

I know a lot of people are gonna hate me for this, but really i don't give a fuck. I've been listening to Underoath since new years eve of 1999, and have been a fan since. I remember my friend having their first album and playing it at his new years eve party and everyone being scared that the world was gonna end because it was about to be the year 2000. But of course it didn't and we partied even harder afterwards haha. But i also remember when record stores had a little thing with a scanner and headphones, and you could scan any CD you wanted to. That made it easy to find new bands to listen to, and that's how i found out about most of the bands i listen to. Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, lamb of god, As I Lay Dying, Unearth, and many more. To get back to underoath, i really was disappointed by this album. It's a decent album, but it's definitely not their best. I love Define the Great Line, and in my opinion they won't ever beat that album.

1.It has to start somewhere- 5/5

2. rapture- 3/5

3. on my teeth- 5/5

4. wake me- 4/5

5. bloodlust- 3/5

6. sink with you- 2/5

7. ihateit- 4/5

8. hold your breath- 5/5

9. no frame- 2/5

10. in motion- 4/5

11. i gave up- 3/5

12. loneliness- 5/5

13. another life- 4/5

Overall i give this album a 3.5/5 or maybe a 4/5, and that is just my opinion. Some songs i really liked, some were decent, and some i really didn't like at all. They need to go back to a more underoath sound, and get rid of the sleepwave vibes. I didn't like sleepwave at all. I get that their trying to maybe do something different, or progress. But this isn't different to me, this just sounds like what bring me the horizon is trying to do now. Even though BMTH practically stole it from underoath. Define the Great Line was progression for underoath, those songs on that album are so creative at times, and have a sound that just made ya wanna mosh one minute then relax and just take it all in.

BMTH stole what from Underoath? Honestly interested, because that stood out to me. Oh, Underoath > BMTH ( duh )

brdsx.gif

Not a huge fan of the album, but "Loneliness" is now my favorite song from it.  Definitely the most Underoath-y song on the album.  I feel like you can actually hear the guitars in this song haha.

The more I listen to this the better it gets about to listen to the 2 bonus songs I’ve been out all night 

who is the dummy that said it's better than Disambiguation? 

lol. that's their best album.

this is also pretty good.

Bonus songs are pretty cool. Loneliness would've been one of the better songs on the album, Another Life drags a bit but is also pretty pleasant.

• Love 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

I think a lot of people are coming into this expecting Underoath to have made another Define The Great Line instead of something fresh.

If you look at this album as an Underoath album, you might be disappointed (I guess?). However if you look at it for what it is, then this album is well made and enjoyable. I think if you give this album a couple spins, then your bad tastes about it being "Sleepwave lol" will probably disappear. It is hard to dislike this album when it is just so fun to listen to. The electronics are fun as hell.

"Rapture"? Yeah boy. "Wake Me"? Stellar. "ihateit"? Catchy as fuck. How do you not wanna sing along to that? "No Frame"? W E T. "I Gave Up"? Delicious sadness. THAT INTRO TO "SINK WITH YOU"? The warping on some of the verses? THE DISTORTED OUTRO TO THE SONG? COME ON.

I gave this album a 6.5 as an "Underoath" album, but as its own piece of work this has to be a 7.5-8 at least.

Also, if you expected Underoath to come back after 10 years and make They're Only Chasing Safety 2 then you're just naïve. :shrug:

I hope we get more of this.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I'm currently moister than an oyster

EDIT: Bloodlust is my favorite song on the album as of right now. Overall, I'm very happy with the album. It doesn't top LITSOS (that's always going to be my favorite Underoath album) but I'd say it's at least on par with Disambiguation. And I fucking loved Disambiguation.

• Upvote 1

If anyone is interested in cd booklet scans pm me.

• Upvote 1

t2DLnik.png

21 hours ago, BRDSX said:

94.5% of the time they are not, they arent on the album for a reason.....usually.

BMTH stole what from Underoath? Honestly interested, because that stood out to me. Oh, Underoath > BMTH ( duh )

No I got it right, i didn't make a mistake. Bring me the horizon changed their sound and put out the album sempiternal. Although it is a great album and i like it. A lot of the songs sound very similar to stuff underoath released years earlier. LIsten to the song Empire( let them sing) on sempiternal. Sounds like an underoath song.

13 minutes ago, Centralia121483 said:

No I got it right, i didn't make a mistake. Bring me the horizon changed their sound and put out the album sempiternal. Although it is a great album and i like it. A lot of the songs sound very similar to stuff underoath released years earlier. LIsten to the song Empire( let them sing) on sempiternal. Sounds like an underoath song.

i was talking about bonus songs being bonus songs for a reason, i dont think either band sound like the other.

brdsx.gif

15 minutes ago, Centralia121483 said:

I never said you got it wrong, was just inquiring.....

brdsx.gif

9 hours ago, BRDSX said:

I never said you got it wrong, was just inquiring.....

oh, alright. Sorry i misunderstood your comment.

3 hours ago, Jericho_Miranda said:

Why everything sounds like BMTH to some people? 

Yeah i don't get it either, because they don't sound like bring me the horizon. It's the other way around, bring me the horizon has been trying to sound like underoath since sempiternal.

9 hours ago, BRDSX said:

i was talking about bonus songs being bonus songs for a reason, i dont think either band sound like the other.

One day i actually played empire off of BMTH's sempiternal album after i played one of underoath's songs off of define the great. My buddy was sitting on my couch screwing around on his phone. He says to me dude what underoath song is that, is that off the new album. And i said it's not underoath, it's empire off of BMTH's album sempiternal. He thought it was the same band, and even said that the songs sounded similar. When Sempiternal first came out, the first thing i thought when hearing the album is that wow these guys are trying to sound like underoath now. It's not a bad thing, maybe underoath is a big influence in them changing their style. Maybe their good friend's with the guys. Kinda like how the band the confession got so much shit for sounding like Avenged Sevenfold, even though M. Shadows  produced their first and only album. Both bands are from orange county, and i believe are friend's with each other. But regardless of them sounding like A7X, i thought they were a talented band. I thought they were gonna blow up, but they broke up. But i like underoath and bring me the horizon, regardless of them sounding alike.

13 hours ago, Centralia121483 said:

One day i actually played empire off of BMTH's sempiternal album after i played one of underoath's songs off of define the great. My buddy was sitting on my couch screwing around on his phone. He says to me dude what underoath song is that, is that off the new album. And i said it's not underoath, it's empire off of BMTH's album sempiternal. He thought it was the same band, and even said that the songs sounded similar. When Sempiternal first came out, the first thing i thought when hearing the album is that wow these guys are trying to sound like underoath now. It's not a bad thing, maybe underoath is a big influence in them changing their style. Maybe their good friend's with the guys. Kinda like how the band the confession got so much shit for sounding like Avenged Sevenfold, even though M. Shadows  produced their first and only album. Both bands are from orange county, and i believe are friend's with each other. But regardless of them sounding like A7X, i thought they were a talented band. I thought they were gonna blow up, but they broke up. But i like underoath and bring me the horizon, regardless of them sounding alike.

Bring Me have toured with Sleepwave and Underøath like it's no surprise they have similar sounds.

klbanneredo-min.png

Holy shit boys Loneliness is straight fire. Why this didn't make the vanilla album is beyond me.

I. Like. This. Album.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8nynkqejqhog

2d62bbe51f1c2b6966f8524c99e96ac8.jpg

rak.jpg

has someone the back, inlay and cd cover as a zip file ? The user, Voinolin has only the booklet scans ! please please! you can pm me.

Bonus tracks are complete bangers, what is this

Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg

On 2018-03-31 at 3:01 PM, Gerard Way said:

It Has To Start Somewhere: 4/5

Rapture: 4/5
On My Teeth: 4/5
 Wake Me: 4/5
 Bloodlust: 3/5
 Sink With You: 3/5
 Ihateit: 3/5
Hold Your Breath: 4/5
 No Frame: 3/5
In Motion: 4/5
I Gave Up: 4/5

Underoath's sound is noticeably different in this album, but doesn't tarnish the sound we know. It is still there. They stay true to themselves while exploring different areas in rock and metal.  This is my second favorite album by them, right behind "Define the Great Line". While there isn't a perfect song by any means, that doesn't mean anything. All these songs are bangers. The last track is something that's really unique to Underoath; soothing and calm for the first half then that guitar breaks out and damn, it's amazing.  Underoath proved after 8 years, they still have it.

4 words CRIES OF THE PAST is there best release but thats only for the day one fans

• Haha 1

I actually really like that they are going in a direction having Spencer sing more. Love this album and the Target tracks are both GREAT!