mR12

Underoath - Erase Me (Target Deluxe) (2018)

206 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, SavageWraith said:

This is why27j16g.jpg

I actually took my statement back if you reread the thread.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NightAngel said:

I actually took my statement back if you reread the thread.

I know. That's why I put your pic on the person kinda further back. More of an on-looker. Plus, a handful of users that had just shit-posted on pwd didn't have user pics. It was all in good fun I assure you. Sorry if it bothered you. I also liked your profile pic too lol. Kinda why I chose the ones I did. <3

• Love 1

Better than Disambiguation. They've kept their sound fresh I'll give them that, yeah it may sound Radio-Sellout-Rock but it still holds the depth in the lyrics and they've not been reduced to no screams which is always a plus 

Album is solid can't say no, it amazes me how much of involvement Chris had on the record, synths are all over the place and seriously sounds huge, Aaron's drumming are huge also, so agressive and on point. On the other side, Tim didn't do much, even if you just put the rhythm guitar with no leads the record wouldn't change that much, Tim's off-tempo/up-beat-legato-dissonnant riffs are something that made Underoath what Underoath is, and now I feel like he didn't even care that much on writing his part pretty much. Lyrics don't do much for me but vocal melodies are so freaking on point.

If any other band would pull out the album probably if would generate better reviews than the ones they are getting now, from being a band that created masterpieces like Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound of Separation, and They Are Only Chasing Safety going into the nu-wave Bring Me-esque was something would not please the fans, and damn they even know it just follow their accounts on twitter,  they don't give a crap about negative reviews which is good cause they believe in what they created.

Album's cool but not so cool, very generic on my point of view, definitely will grow on me. 

• Upvote 1

can't wait to listen, thanks!!

I keep finding myself coming back to this album rather than choosing The Wonder Years.

It's good.

Guest My Chemical Romance

Lovin it

Guest bfruit21

Created an account just to say that this album is complete rubbish. It's not even the fact that it's different from previous material, it's the fact that all of these songs are so basic and generic and gross. Underoath is no longer a frontrunner in the genre, but a bunch of washed up has-beens trying to be relevant again by following the worst trends within heavy music. A highlight in the tragedy that is this album is that Spencer still sounds great. Other than that, it's a complete waste of time. I am more sad about this album than I was when I heard that they were breaking up. 

Last four tracks are great, everything before that is ranging from pretty bad to okay. Did they actually record guitars? Cause I can't hear them.

Also Matt Squire really pulled through with that promise to remove every single breakdown.

CD 320 and FLAC added!

• Love 1

Thank You!

On 3/31/2018 at 2:30 PM, Mayhem959 said:

Fuck yes let's go, let's see if this is everything I hope it is 

Its not xD

Preliminary biggest disappointment of the year

12 hours ago, Luke's Father said:

Last four tracks are great, everything before that is ranging from pretty bad to okay. Did they actually record guitars? Cause I can't hear them.

Also Matt Squire really pulled through with that promise to remove every single breakdown.

is there like a quote of him saying this somewhere?

This album is so damn average.

Ah well, at least it's not Escape The Fate level bad.

Blessthefall destroying their counterparts 

What are in your opinion weakest tracks?

I'd say for me it's Wake Me (literally the blandest track, never really goes anywhere, just repeats the same shit without much variation, the first verse is straight up funny to me, the way Spencer sings "I hold my tongue." :lol: )

Rapture (a lot like Wake Me, but the verses are a bit more energetic and the bridge is really fucking nice, they should've done more with it.)

and maybe Hold Your Breath (starts out fairly nice but the chorus kind of gets annoying and I wish they didn't go into the last chorus and intstead did something more interesting between the bridge and the screamy outro.)

And I think Sink With You is probably the coolest track on the album, has such a nice flow and cool atmosphere, basslines, electronics throughout, probably heaviest track too imo, most older UO sounding, funnily enough it's the longest track but it doesn't drag at all and I love it front to back. Needed more tracks like this on the album.

Another one of my faves, unexpectedly even, is In Motion, because of just how well it's written and how catchy the chorus is. I love how every verse Spencer's vocals get more and more agressive and then it explodes into one of the best bridges on the whole album, it's just so fucking well done as a standalone part and as part of the song, too. It's like the short little bursts of unclean vocals from Spencer finally explode into this awesome fucking unclean bridge. Not to mention the ending with "There is no fix!" part, just great overall.

This album is not even close to what some peope might call "UO's TTS" or whatever the fuck, this album is a lot more what TWA did with Dark Matter, it's a more alt.rock oriented album structure and sound wise that still features a lot of post-hardcore and metalcore elements and parts of what made (and still makes) Underoath great. Same with the Sleepwave comparison, I've listened to that album at least 10 times but it's NOWHERE near as good as this one.

I'd have to say if I had to rate this after at least 10 playthrough over the weekend I'd give this a 7.5/10 and it will all depend on the two bonus tracks, if they're more mellow/accesible/less interesting then I'll probably round this towards a 7/10 because this album has some really good songs, some really good moments, but it definitely has some shitty songs and some mediocre parts, but overall it is unexpectedly awesome and more fun to listen to than 90% of other metalcore bands going for a more mainstream approach, (BMTH included) so fuck me if it's not one of the best alt.rock oriented albums this year so far along with Dead!, Don Broco and similar bands. Hopefully the bonus tracks end up being on the upper tier of the album or something more experimental that couldn't fit with the rest of 11 tracks.

Oh and just to add, my current standing straight up enjoyability-wise (?) of the albums would be:

LITSOS/Disambiguation > DTGL > EM > TOCS > Who cares.

I really enjoying listening to the album despite it's flaws, more than TOCS. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dwesk said:

What are in your opinion weakest tracks?

I'd say for me it's Wake Me (literally the blandest track, never really goes anywhere, just repeats the same shit without much variation, the first verse is straight up funny to me, the way Spencer sings "I hold my tongue." :lol: )

Rapture (a lot like Wake Me, but the verses are a bit more energetic and the bridge is really fucking nice, they should've done more with it.)

and maybe Hold Your Breath (starts out fairly nice but the chorus kind of gets annoying and I wish they didn't go into the last chorus and intstead did something more interesting between the bridge and the screamy outro.)

And I think Sink With You is probably the coolest track on the album, has such a nice flow and cool atmosphere, basslines, electronics throughout, probably heaviest track too imo, most older UO sounding, funnily enough it's the longest track but it doesn't drag at all and I love it front to back. Needed more tracks like this on the album.

Another one of my faves, unexpectedly even, is In Motion, because of just how well it's written and how catchy the chorus is. I love how every verse Spencer's vocals get more and more agressive and then it explodes into one of the best bridges on the whole album, it's just so fucking well done as a standalone part and as part of the song, too. It's like the short little bursts of unclean vocals from Spencer finally explode into this awesome fucking unclean bridge. Not to mention the ending with "There is no fix!" part, just great overall.

This album is not even close to what some peope might call "UO's TTS" or whatever the fuck, this album is a lot more what TWA did with Dark Matter, it's a more alt.rock oriented album structure and sound wise that still features a lot of post-hardcore and metalcore elements and parts of what made (and still makes) Underoath great. Same with the Sleepwave comparison, I've listened to that album at least 10 times but it's NOWHERE near as good as this one.

I'd have to say if I had to rate this after at least 10 playthrough over the weekend I'd give this a 7.5/10 and it will all depend on the two bonus tracks, if they're more mellow/accesible/less interesting then I'll probably round this towards a 7/10 because this album has some really good songs, some really good moments, but it definitely has some shitty songs and some mediocre parts, but overall it is unexpectedly awesome and more fun to listen to than 90% of other metalcore bands going for a more mainstream approach, (BMTH included) so fuck me if it's not one of the best alt.rock oriented albums this year so far along with Dead!, Don Broco and similar bands. Hopefully the bonus tracks end up being on the upper tier of the album or something more experimental that couldn't fit with the rest of 11 tracks.

Oh and just to add, my current standing straight up enjoyability-wise (?) of the albums would be:

LITSOS/Disambiguation > DTGL > EM > TOCS > Who cares.

I really enjoying listening to the album despite it's flaws, more than TOCS. 

Nice review, I'd say that Wake Me, No Frame, and On My Teeth are the weakest imo 

Not a big Underoath fan but i love that alt rock vibe they now have I could even say that this alt rock influence in heavy music is probably the main reason why they came back with a new album. It's clearly what they wanted to do for years now, but they didn't know how to get people to follow them in that direction, in that time. But yeah, despite a couple blend, forgettable songs like Wake Me and No Frame, the album contains great and surprisingly, really catchy songs.

Favorite songs : In Motion,  Ihateit, It Has to Start Somewhere

Pretty good album, I just wish there were a bit more vocals from Aaron.

Best songs: In Motion, Wake Me, Bloodlust, Hold Your Breathe, Ihateit

Least favorites: No Frame, Rapture

13 hours ago, FREExMIND said:

Its not xD

Preliminary biggest disappointment of the year

oh but it was everything i hoped it would be, i didn't say i was hoping it'd be what others wanted, just what i wanted, sorry it disappointed you though.

Having played this more it's grown on me. 

Best songs: ihateit, I Gave Up, In Motion. 

And I really like these songs. Ihateit builds up really nicely and has a fantastic chorus, back end of the album is definitely the better bit (post-Ihateit).

A couple of the songs are exceptionally forgettable but I enjoy the catchy choruses and the artwork. For example, On My Teeth has an exceptionally bad chorus and Rapture doesn't flow as it should and feels like too many influences have been hammed together.

7/10.

Could be more diverse and there is a sense of mediocrity because it is generic and doesn't stand out. This has been done 1,000,000 times before by bands like this.

I much prefer Ex Lives by Every Time I Die.

Erase Me - An Honest Physyadelic's Review 

WARNING! This review is like really honest and contains explicit content, consider reading, if you are easily offended *wink*

After 8 years of break, here is the...break of an ice. With a fire axe? More like three quarters sharp, it fucking cut you well, but not apart, it has its power, it requires more
plays, to have a higher impact, at least three...Am I cut apart? Uhm, kind of...I need a hospital bed. Didn't end up in coffin, tho
I wanted this album to destroy me, just as Disambiguation
Is the Aaron returning a downfall?
Does Spencer float on his sleeping waves?
He shouts from an empty space, looking for his fix (It's not in there)
Aaron by his side hitting the war drums, being ERASED together
The Spencer and Aaron what a lovely COUPLE, the split vocals fit really well I felt like in a romantic movie in a COUPLE of moments, the momentum goes

from shift fucking FIVE to shift two, back to FIVE...Stagnate...*yawn*, then to SIX, HYPERSPEED...
And it's gone
Just like Spencer's will to live
So dark
Jerk off more dude
Get biatches
Oops, sorry didn't mean to trigger christians :pray:
THEY SWEAR :o
OMG, it's the end of the world!!
"Erase Me, There is no fix"

It Has To Start Somewhere

Fucking all my holes right off the bat, this is the OATH, headbanging OATH,
breaking his twigs and creating bullet hell of his leaves.

I got so wet, took a row of shits and
had to change my bed sheets [5/5]

Rapture

Ah, this hurts my ears, after first listen, BUT
there is one big BUT, it's something new, it's okay
I mean, after third listen I was ENJOYING it! The pace
falls into electronic abyss, but there is still that nice
guitar and drum tickle, guys, next time play 
in A CONDOM please! [3/5]

On My Teeth

I've lost my teeth listening to this, as my
brain picked up hammer and bang my mouth so hard
I swallowed some, but the screams made me a stone
so I don't really care, saaadly no breakdown,
still a banger! [5/5]

Wake Me

No actually, send me to sleep, this is
boring, it's not terrible, just boring, kinda generic and 
sometimes I felt like I took a route down to 
mainstream trash bin...UUUH, stopped in a middle...UUUUH [2.5/5]

Bloodlust

Back to the right shift, I was very skeptical
hearing the unusual introduction and all this humpty
dumpty retray steps, but then when chorus hits

I hear it I hear that old Underoath whispering
even with nice spontaneous screams,

interesting bridge and overall vibes [3.5/5]

Sink With You

I can make it okay

I can make it okay
I CAN MAKE IT OKAY

I CAN...no, that's enough repeating Spencer, screams are not gonna save it,

nor me in the sea, no hand for you, I probably gonna let you drown,

it's too repetitive in chorus
Sing and sink with fishes  [3/5]

Ihateit

I don't hate it, I kinda like it, it's different,
emotions flow, back with repetition and damn "oooohs",

but there is nice breakdown, that kicked me off my chair
so, I'm positive with this one, kinda aerial Chamberlain charade [4/5]

Hold Your Breath

Behold the heaviness, embrace the darkness with electricity that burns your ass a bit,
sparks dance with you in choruses,

in verses you are electrocuted again shaking head like a mofo,
probably deaf for a while,

Cham's screams are on point, amazing melody, been singing
with them, one of the album's best [5/5]

No Frame

Oh, yeah, this is nice...back with Reversal or Driftwood from Disambiguation,

I really dig this one it probably has No Frame, but great looking picture
of reality, it's so different, yet so cool and buzzing in
my head, TIME HAS NO FRAAAME [4.5/5]

In Motion

I have to change my diaper, probably my
bones as well, got fractured a bit from this BASS, 
THIS is the best duo performance I've ever heard
It lives, it moves, it screams and it shags your ears...
In motion chorus emotion, I fucking love this heavy
bridge and grand organs-out finale! Mon Cheri! 
Best off album [5/5]

I Gave Up

The pace dies here, gets ressurected again after
a while, but this one was clearly meant as that
enduring poppy ballad to end Erasing,

don't get me wrong, MUSE vibes are kinda cool, but not for OATH
that mountain part is kissing my soul and the
instrumental after licked my ears... [3/5]

CONCLUSION:

"They kind of left the sludginess
When Aaron came
Their experimentation is no shame
Kept a dose of heaviness
Fingered mediocrity a bit
Instead got melodiousness
It's not the best, but not a shit"

(4/5) and for retards (80%)

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Physyadelic said:

and for retards 

:lol: lmao

8 minutes ago, Dwesk said:

:lol: lmao

I'm glad you like it, took me about 2 hours *phew* :D :D

Not heard their stuff before but enjoyed this one! Great stuff.

I can't hear that "I like it, but it sucks as an Underoath album, if this was sleepwave it would've been better" argument anymore. 

Please erase my account.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Actually sounds like they took a similar direction than BMTH with That's the Spirit on this album but it still sounds very much like Underoath and it is a really good jam nonetheless, no real reason to complain here.

• Upvote 1

Meh. Bring back This Runs Through!