mR12

Underoath - Erase Me (Target Deluxe) (2018)

206 posts in this topic

The production and mixing is absolute balls. The drums sound like shit and the vocals dont sound that crisp. 

After the first play through, its a little boring. I'll defintiely give it a few more listens. It may grow a little

• Upvote 1

In no way is this a bad album, it’s solid and really holds it’s own. I prefer the more aggressive side of them, because I feel like that’s UØ at their best and those parts really shine on this record. I feel like this is a good mix of their last 3 albums combined. That opener song is amazing. The atmosphere on this is really awesome and the drums are my favorite part. Such a great record after years of disappearance. Not revolutionary or next level, but it’s really fun and passionate and it really shows here (despite the lackluster and slower songs). 7.5/10

45 minutes ago, xylar said:

The production and mixing is absolute balls. The drums sound like shit and the vocals dont sound that crisp. 

After the first play through, its a little boring. I'll defintiely give it a few more listens. It may grow a little

I disagree, it didn't sound bad at all when it came to production or mixing, maybe just the way you listened to it? 

I think the new album sounds amazing myself. I'm a fan from their true beginnings and they have come a loooonnnngggg way. 

This is not the Underoath you knew 10 years ago, and that's not a bad thing.

6.5/10. Above Average, and worth listening to.

Favorite Track: No Frame

Also, I Gave Up is so fucking weird that it deserves a shout out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, IKeepForgettingMyShit said:

This is not the Underoath you knew 10 years ago, and that's not a bad thing.

6.5/10. Above Average, and worth listening to.

Favorite Track: No Frame

Also, I Gave Up is so fucking weird that it deserves a shout out.

I think No Frame was my least favorite, the sound of it put me off (still a great song, I gave it a 3/5)

Oh god this is medio-core.

• Upvote 1

yes! thanx!

5 hours ago, Mayhem959 said:

Idk why everyone decides to shit on you dude. You're so respectful and just giving your thoughts, you don't deserve the hate tbh 

This is why27j16g.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 8

Hate to be that hater, but I seriously dislike how every band makes the leading single the most misleading single. Let's release the heaviest song on the album first so all our fans preorder our record. Not a single song is appealing to me as On My Teeth. I was never really even much a fan of their heavier stuff but this album is just like, so disappointing and I totally expected it to be. I knew there would be mostly cleans, but to not even have another song on par with the lead single is just lame. The electronics are easily the best part of the album. It's an absolute shame that there is just a lack of energy in everything else. Sorry to be that guy, thanks for the leak though. 

• Upvote 3

I don't even know if I will make it to the end.

This is just horribad.

Glad I didn't pay for this crap.

5 minutes ago, abunkbed said:

Hate to be that hater, but I seriously dislike how every band makes the leading single the most misleading single. Let's release the heaviest song on the album first so all our fans preorder our record. Not a single song is appealing to me as On My Teeth. I was never really even much a fan of their heavier stuff but this album is just like, so disappointing and I totally expected it to be. I knew there would be mostly cleans, but to not even have another song on par with the lead single is just lame. The electronics are easily the best part of the album. It's an absolute shame that there is just a lack of energy in everything else. Sorry to be that guy, thanks for the leak though. 

I think there are songs that are on par or heavier? Also Sink With You could've been a song on their previous albums.

• Upvote 2

Bad ass album

• Love 1

Ok so I finished the album and setting aside my knee jerk reaction and the fact that the band wanted to change there is a few tracks here that I like fine enough but nothing blows me away.

I don't know how to approach rating it cause its just not even close to what I wanted from the band. I will just say this one will be forgotten quickly and not something I come back to listen too =/

Sad day.

• Upvote 1

u made me the best easter present dude, thank you very much <3 and btw wish u guys all a happy easter weekend.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dwesk said:

Also Sink With You could've been a song on their previous albums.

It would have been the worst song on the album, regardless of which album it was on.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, futeanal said:

u made me the best easter present dude, thank you very much <3 and btw wish u guys all a happy easter weekend.

Happy Easter buddy (:

• Upvote 1

I've been in an Underoath marathon in the past few hours. Damn!! This is the sweet life <3

I knew that it would have more cleans, less breakdowns, more electronics and all these things. But I was really hope that it would be more aggressive and powerful, just like it was at first single. So - this is not. Don't really know how did you guys fell into it, but it was hard for me to end of listening whole album.  Absolutely nothing to trigger listener on. So how can I skip all these newunderoathreleasehype-days before Architects announce their new album?

A sad day for music indeed. I don't think it's a bad album, but then I remember this is the same band that wrote Define the Great Line and Lost in Sound of Separation. Idk how they let this happen it's just such a massive step backwards. Ihateit is a literal disgrace I never thought I'd see the day when I was cringing to an UO tune.

Just... sigh.

• Upvote 4

My man. Thanks OP, can't wait to give this a listen!

Hm, I will never get the hype for this band. :o

• Haha 1

10 fucking years since lost in the sound of separation came out, nd its still one of my favorite albums. then disambiguation came nd it was UO at their most brutal nd raw...now this, 8 years later one would expect a significant change in sound. its lighter, cleaner, more refined nd definitely weirder but i dig it, maybe on just below define the great line for me, maybe itll grow on me. irregardless itll be great to see them once again on 420

Not a huge fan. 

• Haha 1

Hold Your Breath

good shit, atleast one decent track here

Definitely give a listen to this one.

• Upvote 1

@MinusTheMachine Thank you so fucking much! Underoath has and will always be my favorite band. The fact that Spencer dominates this record honestly doesn't bother me one bit. I've always been so fond of his voice. This is definitely not what I was expecting from these guys but I'll take it. Welcome back UO. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Handguns said:

Not a hu

2 hours ago, Eatlightning said:

A sad day for music indeed. I don't think it's a bad album, but then I remember this is the same band that wrote Define the Great Line and Lost in Sound of Separation. Idk how they let this happen it's just such a massive step backwards. Ihateit is a literal disgrace I never thought I'd see the day when I was cringing to an UO tune.

Just... sigh.

God. Fans like you are so cancerous.

2 hours ago, eistod said:

Hm, I will never get the hype for this band. :o

Sucks for you bro. 

Go listen to They're Only Chasing Safety again and get back to me.

1 hour ago, LinaK said:

good shit, atleast one decent track here

On My Teeth and It Has to Start Somewhere are great too. Best on the album. Sound like old UØ