Lord Kingdom

Escape the Fate - I Am Human (Deluxe) (2018)

119 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked

Release - March 30, 2018
Genre - Post-Hardcore, Alternative Rock

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR; FLAC

*Bonus tracks thanks to @Rusha15!*

Tracklist:

1. Beautifully Tragic
2. Broken Heart
3. Four Letter Word
4. I Will Make It Up to You
5. Bleed for Me
6. Do You Love Me
7. I Am Human
8. If Only
9. Empire
10. Recipe for Disaster
11. Riot
12. Digging My Own Grave
13. Resistance
14. Let Me Be

15. Dead to Me (Bonus Track)

16. Mask (Bonus Track)

Download

Bonus Tracks only included

Support!

Facebook / iTunes / Physical

Edited by LKA
Stereo bonus tracks added!

It's passable. I mean it's catchy at points and has some good songs. But it is not their "most innovative work"

1 minute ago, swanny3214 said:

It's passable. I mean it's catchy at points and has some good songs. But it is not their "most innovative work"

Thats because their most innovative work was written by Drop Dead, Gorgeous

It's alright I guess, nothing special 

26 minutes ago, moonlover said:

inb4 1000 comments

this band fucking sucks.

Couldn't agree more.  Literally beyond the life of me why people still care about this band.  They pretty much represent everything wrong with post-hardcore today.

I admit that Ronnie album had a few tracks I could jam to but they weren't very good with him and they certainly aren't good after him.

25 minutes ago, Buttercup420 said:

Thats because their most innovative work was written by Drop Dead, Gorgeous

lol really?  DDG is a hardcore guilty pleasure band of mine.

30 minutes ago, swanny3214 said:

I feel like you haven't heard Empire, their most innovative and experimental song to date. /s

3 minutes ago, Dwesk said:

I feel like you haven't heard Empire, their most innovative and experimental song to date. /s

i feel like Craig was just really Fucked Up when writing this song.

i like the use of Yeahs and swears.Innovative.

The bridge in digging my own grave.. what song/band is that ripped straight from?  On the edge of my tongue but I can't remember for the life of me 

To those "this band sucks..." there is plenty of other music, no reason for commenting just because you don't like the band. Thanks Lord Kingdom!

FUCK YEA THIS IS SO GOOD, HONESTLY THEIR BEST

1 minute ago, Voinolin said:

Sorry forgot the /s. It sucks ass, who would've guessed.

1 minute ago, Voinolin said:

"relax"

"Mask" is by far the best track on the album, maybe because it sounds like it belongs on "This War Is Ours".

Why are people so apologetic for ETF? They've been getting worse each album and this is their worst yet without a doubt.

This album tries to appeal to both the heavy metal redneck and the broken emo generation crowds and fails at boths miserably and just ends up being basic and dumbed down at all fronts. The bonus songs' melodies feel like they were both copypasted from some random ass alternative bands of mid-late 00s (I'm currently blanking on both for examples but I can clearly hear that sound from the songs I used to listen to ~10 years ago). Literally the only redeeming quality of this album is Digging My Own Grave, I'm surprised they even wrote a song that's as good as that one.

Also, how in the fuck is Craig's lyricism so bad when he's been in like 6 different bands and has been part of the scene for +15 years? Blows my fucking mind when a dude can write shit like:

We're gonna riot, riot! Kick down the fucking door! Spill the liquor on the floor!

When three songs ago he's trying to do some acoustic bullshitry and the "I Am Human" meme. Is it that easy to fool normies into thinking this is some profound shit? Christ. :D 

Solid 2/10 right here, lads.

ETF is one of those bands that are only a piece of nostalgy to me, I'm not expecting anything from them, so I'm either not disappointed, either surprised.

Not gonna bitch about anything, this album is just another ETF album to me.

GL kingdom leak trying to argue which album from them is best :lol:

Just now, disaR said:

ETF is one of those bands that are only a piece of nostalgy to me, I'm not expecting anything from them, so I'm either not disappointed, either surprised.

Not gonna bitch about anything, this album is just another ETF album to me.

GL kingdom leak trying to argue which album from them is best :lol:

Simple, the Ronnie one.

1 minute ago, Dwesk said:

Simple, the Ronnie one.

I'd be willing to agree that Ronnie's was better except that it has the same problems all the Craig ones have. It relies on mostly the same theme throughout the entire album with very little diversification among songs. Craig is just vocally, and On Self Titled and This War is Ours, lyrically, better than Ronnie 

2 hours ago, ItalianPizza said:

WOOOOOW

Just imagine "I Will Make It Up to You" sung by Ronnie

I can't do that because I think Craig is actually the better vocalist, if we exclude his time in BTF and TWA

Okay...well then...this is fine...mediocre
Way too soft in most parts for me, it's bland and overwhelmingly boring most of the time :wacko:
1. Beautifully Tragic (2/5)
2. Broken Heart (3.5/5)
3. Four Letter Word (1/5)
4. I Will Make It Up To You (2.5/5)
5. Bleed For Me (2/5)
6. Do You Love Me? (4/5) {3rd place}
7. I Am Human (3/5)
8. If Only (1/5)

9. Empire (2.5/5)
10. Recipe For Disaster (4.5/5) {1st place}
11. Riot (2.5/5) [Most Explicit on album]
12. Digging My Own Grave (4.5/5) {2nd place}
13. Resistance (3/5) [Ambulance guitar sounds, lol]
14. Let Me Be [WHAT THE ACTUAL COUNTRY FUCK] (0/5)

15. Dead To Me (2.5/5)
16. Mask (3/5)

Conclusion? Rather Escape from this album :D
Rating (2.6/5)

Lemme just say that I actually love this album, and that even if it's cheesy Craig nails it every time. Guy has cool vocals. 

But to put my bias aside, it's an Escape the Fate, I love them but you can't go in expecting something great or a masterpiece, that's not how they roll, they do mediocre and do mediocre much better than other bands 

So to start with 

Beautifully Tragic is a good energy filled album opener, and isn't terrible lyrically, it's probably one of the better songs here. 

Broken Heart is catchy and relatable, but overall, mediocre, that's a running theme here. And it's cheesy, but yet again. It's pulled off well. 

Four Letter word is cheesy as all fuck honestly. But it's relatable. And sounds pretty nice. I overall think this song is entertaining 

I Will Make it Up To You sounds like something off their debut, it sounds really nice, it's got energy, a catchy chorus, and flows pretty nice honestly 

Bleed For Me is a good slow song, but by far the most corny and boring on the album, it's good, but gets old fast. 

Do You Love Me sounds like a traditional ETF song, with the energy, the lyrics, and how they did it, honestly gives me TWIO vibes. Not bad. Not the best here either 

I Am Human is the most cheesy "hi emos" shit I've ever heard. It's a song with a good message and it's executed well, the problem with this song is actually its message, as Craig contradicts the message of this song on two other songs in the album, but, this one is still a good song 

If Only is an awesome acoustic song. It hits its mark very well. And is actually probably one of their best songs in a long time. It hits emotionally hard, in all the right ways. 

Empire is a fun, catchy, fuck you, kind of party song, which I have no problem with, my problem comes with, that is the exact attitude that ruins the theme of I Am Human. Empire is a traditional ETF song slapped on the wrong album 

Recipe for Disaster is actually really cool, I'd give props to the feature but I have no idea who it is. But this is one of the better songs on the album, it's got a nice feel to it, but, it belongs on a The Dead Rabbits album, not here. Sounds more like what he usually does with TDR

Riot yet again takes the point of the title track, turns it side ways, and fucks it in all the twisted kinky ways possible. This song destroys the message of the title track even more. And it's another in your face party song on the wrong album. 

Digging My Own Grave sounds like some Slipknot shit with Craig as a vocalist, it's a beautiful track and I actually have no faults with this one. It's well written and executed 

Resistance can die in a hole. It sounds good but it's so boring and so unoriginal, just replace Craig with Andy and it's literally a BVB song. The only thing that makes this cool is Craig's vocals. 

Let Me Be is a good album closer (for non deluxe) it was a nice song on the last album, and feels nice and better fitting here, then it did there. It's cheesy. But it just right 

Dead to Me is your run of the mill ETF song about love, and that's good, it sounds nice and Craig nails that old early 2000's feel to the song. But I feel like this song would get old fast 

Mask is a beautiful album closer. Sounds like one of their greatest songs, something that should have been on TWIO, it's got that beautiful vocal diversity that makes me love Craig in this band, his cryptic voice at moments, and the energy he uses on this one is nice, it's a good show of ETF still having their roots 

So I think this album is about in an unbiased way, a 6.5/10 or 7/10.

Its good for ETF. But it's an ETF album, so it's not too hard to do better than the last two 

My biased opinion is that I love this album. It's fucking beautiful sounding, and hits me in all the right ways 

...But why is "Let Me Be" on this album as well? It's not even a re-recording, right?