mR12

Slaves - Beautiful Death (2018)

119 posts in this topic

I hope this is better than their last album. So boring. But their first one was a fucking masterpiece.

Their singles this time around were really good. Hope the album is the same way. Give it to me Slaves.

Other Releases by

After only 1 listen, I can confidently say that it's their best work, but still far from their potential.

• Upvote 2

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

warning from my demons is great song.

11 hours ago, Lord Kingdom said:

After only 1 listen, I can confidently say that it's their best work, but still far from their potential.

how do you know, i feel like they will never top this, i hope im wrong

1 minute ago, LinaK said:

how do you know, i feel like they will never top this, i hope im wrong

There's only 2 standout tracks, The Pact and True Colors (imo), but the rest sounds too generic. 

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

On 2/15/2018 at 10:40 PM, TylerDurden said:

Ah yes, how can one ever top the breathtaking songwriting brilliance of...

*chug chug chug*

Jonny vocal melody #1

*chug chug chug*

Jonny vocal melody #2

*chug chug chug*

Jonny vocal melody #1

*chug chug chug*

Jonny vocal melody #3 (“We’re changing it up guyz!!”)

*chug chug chug*

Jonny vocal melody #1

...Aaaaaand repeat for 15 tracks and you basically have Routine Breathing (I’ll give Winter Everywhere a pass because that’s a great song which I suspect was largely written by either Tilian or someone else who didn’t write the rest of the album).

Do you play any instruments? The drumming and guitarists were more creative. You actually heard the bass on their last album an jonny knew what a vocal progression was. The example you gave btw. An please name all the songs on the last album filled with chugs...I'd love to hear this.

Not one song on this album is more creative. They used the same key sig lead licks on over half the song with repetive chorus x5. Jonny dialed it bqck vocally aswell an pulled a dtbm2. If you thought the last album is more repetive than this you're just lying to yourself lol.

Not one song on here is better than who saves the savior, if only we could change, winter everywhere. 

First listen through - not really feeling it. I can tell I'll need to cut a few tracks like on the last album (definitely that second song, so weak). Rather See Your Star remains, as I was half expecting, the best track.

I hope to god this *isn't* AOTY, that would spell a pretty shitty year for music. I have a feeling the hype train is carrying this one.

• Upvote 1

I don't get the hype. I don't like anything of this album.

16 hours ago, Crowing51 said:

Do you play any instruments? The drumming and guitarists were more creative. You actually heard the bass on their last album an jonny knew what a vocal progression was. The example you gave btw. An please name all the songs on the last album filled with chugs...I'd love to hear this.

Not one song on this album is more creative. They used the same key sig lead licks on over half the song with repetive chorus x5. Jonny dialed it bqck vocally aswell an pulled a dtbm2. If you thought the last album is more repetive than this you're just lying to yourself lol.

Not one song on here is better than who saves the savior, if only we could change, winter everywhere. 

Do you seriously think he dialed it back vocally? This is the best his vocals have sounded. And you're definitely lying to yourself. Literally their last two albums blended together, if you listen without paying much mind, it sounds like the same song throughout each album. 

Every complain you're making belongs to each of their albums. Don't cherry pick. 

I play two instruments mind you, saxophone and Trumpet. And I've taken vocal lessons for 3 years. And you can very clearly hear the bass on this album, unless you're deaf. And the guitars were pretty on point. 

Jonny is a repetitive person. In Emarosa, Dance Gavin Dance, and Slaves. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hodephinitely said:

I hope to god this *isn't* AOTY, that would spell a pretty shitty year for music. I have a feeling the hype train is carrying this one.

I already prefer the new Plot In You album. :shrug:

7 hours ago, Mayhem959 said:

Do you seriously think he dialed it back vocally? This is the best his vocals have sounded. And you're definitely lying to yourself. Literally their last two albums blended together, if you listen without paying much mind, it sounds like the same song throughout each album. 

Every complain you're making belongs to each of their albums. Don't cherry pick. 

I play two instruments mind you, saxophone and Trumpet. And I've taken vocal lessons for 3 years. And you can very clearly hear the bass on this album, unless you're deaf. And the guitars were pretty on point. 

Jonny is a repetitive person. In Emarosa, Dance Gavin Dance, and Slaves. 

Every album can be critiqued yes, but people saying this new album is less repetitive an more creative than the last album is just factually wrong. Better than the first album? Sure. But routine breathing is the best album music wise. Star, true colors, pact. Only songs that compare vocally to routine breathing. All the other tracks are a snooze fest vocally like dbm2 was. 

1 hour ago, Crowing51 said:

Every album can be critiqued yes, but people saying this new album is less repetitive an more creative than the last album is just factually wrong. Better than the first album? Sure. But routine breathing is the best album music wise. Star, true colors, pact. Only songs that compare vocally to routine breathing. All the other tracks are a snooze fest vocally like dbm2 was. 

Lmao did you just compare this to DBM2? If you really think that we're done speaking. How can you say factually wrong when music is opinion based? 

another unpopular opinion brought to you by NightAngel: I like DBM2 more than Mothership :shrug:

309870369_nar02.png.0d873f258f0838c2011e001a4b8d3643.png

New Review Every Week!

Just now, NightAngel said:

another unpopular opinion brought to you by NightAngel: I like DBM2 more than Mothership :shrug:

I like DBM2 as well. If it had better vocals I'd agree with you.

It's okay. Dance Gavin Dance can never do worse than the tragedy that was Acceptance Speech 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mayhem959 said:

I like DBM2 as well. If it had better vocals I'd agree with you.

It's okay. Dance Gavin Dance can never do worse than the tragedy that was Acceptance Speech 

Another unpopular opinion brought to you by NightAngel: Acceptance Speech is my fave DGD album.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

New Review Every Week!

22 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

Another unpopular opinion brought to you by NightAngel: Acceptance Speech is my fave DGD album.

My favorite DGD albums in order 

Happiness 

Instant Gratification 

Mothership 

DGD

DBM

DBM2 

Acceptance Speech 

10 minutes ago, Mayhem959 said:

My favorite DGD albums in order 

Happiness 

Instant Gratification 

Mothership 

DGD

DBM

DBM2 

Acceptance Speech 

my top and bottom are reversed of yours. AS as most fave and Happi as least fave.

New Review Every Week!

3 hours ago, NightAngel said:

my top and bottom are reversed of yours. AS as most fave and Happi as least fave.

I'm probably being a bit harsh on AS. I don't think I was in the mood to listen to music and the overall vibe of the album felt weird to me 

Well i listened to this. But...

It just doesn't compare to the debut. That was their best work today. Best production, creativity, etc. This one has a couple good songs and the rest really do seem like filler.

Way better than their sophomore, but nowhere near their debut.

This really does sound like a great Emarosa follow-up that just never happened. Good stuff!

• Upvote 2

On 2/20/2018 at 7:13 PM, Mayhem959 said:

Lmao did you just compare this to DBM2? If you really think that we're done speaking. How can you say factually wrong when music is opinion based? 

Vocally yes, other than the tracks I mentioned. Vocally the tracks were "snoozefest city" see what I did there? Lol. 

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2018 at 9:25 AM, joshuachadwick4l said:

Everyone talking about that Attilla diss track but what about that petty trappin? Bradley Walden must be salty after hearing that one.

Fuck a Bradley Walden

This album is all killer no filler. Definitely the best album in Slaves' discography. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

just came here for the artwork..

the single sounds meh, but I'll give a listen. thanks.

On 2/20/2018 at 7:25 PM, NightAngel said:

We can be unpopular together. DBM2 is my favorite DGD album

• Upvote 1

This is one of the most down to earth, Honest albums Jonny Craig has made. It's fucking Phenomenal. Best record Craig has ever made. Can't wait to see them Friday 3/2/18 in Chicago

I actually liked all of Slave's previous releases but this definitely blows the other projects out of the water.

Amazing!

• Upvote 2