We are aware that some MP3 files have corrupted/black embedded album art. We are working to fix this for future releases. For those of you facing this issue, please avail yourself of our Artwork Finder.
LKA

Night Verses - Copper Wasp (2018)

30 posts in this topic

night.jpg

Leaked
Release - January 19, 2018

Genre - Progressive Metal, Instrumental

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR; FLAC

*Even if you don't like instrumental music, give this one a try!*

Tracklist:

1. Copper Wasp (04:51)
2. Vice Wave (04:59)
3. Vantablonde (02:31)

Total length: 12:21

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

Honestly one of the best instrumental releases I've heard in months, this is sick

• Upvote 2

Great artwork, great music. Somehow works even without the vocals, also dope production.

• Upvote 2

Kinda reminds me of what we lost the sea did, no more vocalist no problem. And popped out one of my fav albums ever.

This ep is so good, i dont miss the vocals on it

• Upvote 2

HOLY FUCK YES THANK YOU. I'VE BEEN PSYCHED FOR THIS FOR MONTHS.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I've been dying waiting for this, thank you!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Corpsegrind3r said:

Kinda reminds me of what we lost the sea did, no more vocalist no problem. And popped out one of my fav albums ever.

This ep is so good, i dont miss the vocals on it

Agreed...it seems like they took the music on the first 2 full-lengths and turned it up by 200%.

• Upvote 3

3 songs?I thought they were releasing  a full length album :huh:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Philsignals said:

Agreed...it seems like they took the music on the first 2 full-lengths and turned it up by 200%.

That's absolutely the point, they amped up their sound the result is pure gold

• Upvote 1

I was expecting this for so long, so sad it's only three songs...

6 hours ago, peripheryb said:

1 hour ago, Jordi el Sevillano said:

I was expecting this for so long, so sad it's only three songs...

Pretty sure this is just a preview for the full length. They released this with no promo and it is tagged as a "Single" on iTunes

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, LKA said:

Pretty sure this is just a preview for the full length. They released this with no promo and it is tagged as a "Single" on iTunes

I hope so, I just listened to the songs and they're so good.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have a TL;DR on where the vocalist went? I know the band did solo stuff without him before, but they went under a different name and if I remember right, it was jazzy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LKA said:

yeah I thought may be this was that, because they were recording their new album when the vocalist leave them

the vocalist on the last album was Doug from The Sleeping. not sure what he's doing now.

• Upvote 1

Guest Tyedyedied

Vice wave is top tier one of the best instrumental songs I've ever heard! The production on this track reminded me of strawberry girl's last album.

47 minutes ago, WordsWellSalted said:

the vocalist on the last album was Doug from The Sleeping. not sure what he's doing now.

would be so good if he was still on this, so bummed they got rid of him. The Sleeping are also awesome.

• Upvote 1

I had no idea they got rid of the vocalist. Kept waiting to hear Doug's voice haha. The instrumentals in this are top notch though.

• Upvote 1

Upsetting to hear they got rid of him, was one of my favourite vocalists. :(

• Love 1

8 hours ago, LKA said:

14 hours ago, peripheryb said:

9 hours ago, Jordi el Sevillano said:

I was expecting this for so long, so sad it's only three songs..

Their instagram as well as Aric Improta's (drummer) instagram confirmed this is just a 3-song preview of what's to come. 

• Upvote 3

Totally missing the singer.  I mean the instrumentals are amazing.  I think it was 2013 or 2014, they played in Charleston, SC and the singer had to fly back home for a family emergency, so the rest of the band just played songs from their first full length without him and no fill in.  It was pretty sweet actually.  I got a feel of the level of talent these guys had.  BUT I also love the singer.  I liked him in The Sleeping (check out the album Questions and Answers), he's got a different voice.  I hope he goes on to create another band

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2018 at 9:40 PM, emocowmoo said:

Totally missing the singer.  I mean the instrumentals are amazing.  I think it was 2013 or 2014, they played in Charleston, SC and the singer had to fly back home for a family emergency, so the rest of the band just played songs from their first full length without him and no fill in.  It was pretty sweet actually.  I got a feel of the level of talent these guys had.  BUT I also love the singer.  I liked him in The Sleeping (check out the album Questions and Answers), he's got a different voice.  I hope he goes on to create another band

I won't knock Questions and Answers but their last album, What It Takes, is an underrated gem.

• Love 1

On 1/19/2018 at 9:19 AM, jonnyMAGNUM said:

Does anyone have a TL;DR on where the vocalist went? I know the band did solo stuff without him before, but they went under a different name and if I remember right, it was jazzy.

This is just an assumption, but based on it being a mutual decision for them to part ways, Douglas has been spending his time getting into martial arts and promoting vegan food through social media. He also does photography, so he may have wanted to pursue those avenues and enjoy time with his wife. I loved Douglas in Night Verses, but this new stuff is so well done far beyond anything they've ever done before. 

4 hours ago, tjdarsh said:

This is just an assumption, but based on it being a mutual decision for them to part ways, Douglas has been spending his time getting into martial arts and promoting vegan food through social media. He also does photography, so he may have wanted to pursue those avenues and enjoy time with his wife. I loved Douglas in Night Verses, but this new stuff is so well done far beyond anything they've ever done before. 

Interesting. I liked him in Night Verses, but wasn't a fan of The Sleeping. Regardless, their instrumentals are dope and I'll support them still. Improta is a god on the set.

On 1/25/2018 at 7:55 PM, jonnyMAGNUM said:

Interesting. I liked him in Night Verses, but wasn't a fan of The Sleeping. Regardless, their instrumentals are dope and I'll support them still. Improta is a god on the set.

Yeah dude, Aric rips. He's easily one of my favorite drummers. I don't know who is my favorite between him and Joe Arrington.

i was excited until i saw there's no vocals. boo. won't listen

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, coachlow said:

i was excited until i saw there's no vocals. boo. won't listen

Your loss :shrug:

Thank You! 

• Love 1