LKA

Asking Alexandria - Asking Alexandria (2017)

178 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Dwesk said:

I mean this album ain't bad, like a 6-7/10 after a few listens. Most of the songs I could rate somwehere between 5-8/10, with Empire being absolute trash and a 3 at best. My main gripe is most prevalent with a song such as Vultures, it starts out nicely, although the intro is very reminiscent of Three Days Grace - Never Too Late (I've noticed more similarities to other songs from the olden days and/or last few BMTH albums listening through the album), then by the middle the song isolated the vocals in such a cool fashion and you can feel the rawness in them and there's a certain kind of build up, that could've exploded into something absolutely mind-blowing.... but no, it went back to square one. Wasted potential. Not good. 

Still have to admit, there were definitely unexpected and very nice verses and bridges and even outros in this thing, some songs flow so well throughout (I Am One, Alone In The Room, etc) even if the sound is slightly toned down (but different) compared to second or third album. I think they executed the sound fairly well, Danny's singing is probably best yet and overall the album doesn't get too tiresome to listen through compared to their prior albums, but I don't think it has any songs that are absolutely amazing from start to finish (Morte Et Dabo and Someone, Somewhere come to mind).

Dwesk review blog when?

Also, I think i'm one of the only AA fans that cannot stand Morte Et Dabo. Talk about an overproduced song. Yikes.

• Confused 1

Other Releases by

I like this album a lot. That's just me. Its different. And yea it does sound like BMTH a lot, but its the lyrics and emotion behind it that l like. Great album overall, could've defininitly gone without Empire though. Room 138 is my favorite. Only because I can relate. I've been there. That's why i'm 3 years sober cause of a od.

30 minutes ago, Exsanguination45 said:

#bringbackdennis

i prefer denis but i don't see any reason for him to come back lol

Its alright nowhere near AOTY , a lot better than The Black though

7 hours ago, Centralia121483 said:

After the 3 songs released, i decided to give the album a try. I listened to it, and half way through i fell asleep. I never fall asleep listening to music unless it's pink floyd or something boring. I woke up and listened to it from the song i fell asleep during. I'm very disappointed with this album. If you wanna go soft like ya did on your solo album ( went country) then go soft on your solo album. The album is more soft rock sounding like we are harlot, once again completely different band. So stick to the soft rock sound of we are harlot in we are harlot. I knew this album was gonna sound this way, it's like how black veil brides have gotten soft, and andy black's solo album was soft. At least that's how their new stuff sounds so far. At least it's good, I heard a few decent songs on this album but nothing to completely go ape shit over and brag about. It's about as simplistic as nirvana nevermind. There are a few heavy parts in it, but it's nothing special. Reminds me of bring me the horizon. The guitar parts sound like their written by amateurs, nothing special about them, barely no riffs, and really aren't catchy. Danny does have a good voice, and he uses it on this album. But where is his screaming, where is the catchy sound that asking alexandria once had. I get that you don't wanna sound like your last album or your previous music, but don't go down hill. You can stay the same genre and progress, bands do it all the time. But don't completely change your style to the point it makes you lose fans, unless your only in it for the money.

Pink Floyd is boring? If by boring, you mean by far the greatest progressive rock band ever, then I agree.

Jesus. I've heard it all now. 

• Upvote 1

any way i can get explicit as a stand alone track lol 

Much better than I was expecting. I mean, it's not like I was expecting another Stand Up And Scream or another The Black, but I honestly wasn't expecting much out of this at all. Pleasantly surprised.

Disappointed that the heavy teaser didn't make it, but oh well.

This album & From Death are proof that they let Danny's want for a country rock band control what they want, the difference between the past two Danny releases & The Black is absolutely insane

The Black wasn't all that great but it was kind of proof that they still want to make semi heavy music & they can’t do it with Danny. I don't mind style changes but this isn't really done too well

movements.gif

Eve sounds like it could be an I See Stars song but the vocals are an octave lower. 

Nope don't like this. Might as well change the name of the band.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Predator said:

Nothing is all that daring or innovative. Which, if they were shooting for that, then hey, they definitely succeeded. 

When was Asking Alexandria ever daring and innovative before though?

ABUSEOFPOWER.JPG

BCJNh3t.png

I think this was a good album. Of course, not their best work to date but it's definitely enjoyable in some ways. Some songs are GREAT and other songs are just forgettable. I won't complain since I really liked it. At least it's ten times better than The Black.

Vultures is beautiful, I'd pay gladly to have an acoustic album with Danny's raw voice.

What I love the most about this album is that they used a lot of keyboards to create an ambiance, and it really suits the songs.

This is a great album, and I still don't have my copy thanks for the delay, local post office (I wanted to wait but I cannot any longer now, I had to take the leak).

Ok I got it by now, and that's weird, I don't have Into the fire (radio edit) listed on the back (but it's on the cd).

Love the thanks tho "AA would like to thank : you" xD that was short xDD

Edited by WILDFIR3_

7 minutes ago, Crust said:

I think this was a good album. Of course, not their best work to date but it's definitely enjoyable in some ways. Some songs are GREAT and other songs are just forgettable. I won't complain since I really liked it. At least it's ten times better than The Black.

Update: by the time I posted that comment I didn't finished the WHOLE album. So, I must say that the hidden track is 100 times better than the whole The Black album. That shit good.

• Love 1

Not sure what the fuck that song with the feature is supposed to be but other than that this album's massive, I love it.

1218015982_KLSigsmaller.jpg.ab4a9f73146d9c51a558272ed55040eb.jpg

for some odd reason when I listen on iTunes the songs don't play full they cut off towards the middle, dunno what the fuck is going on

14 minutes ago, uneek1ne said:

for some odd reason when I listen on iTunes the songs don't play full they cut off towards the middle, dunno what the fuck is going on

I think it has to do with them being on MPEG. I've read this somewhere cause I have the same problem with many other stuff. Try downloading from another source (Sorry K.L :/)

This album is just... Bad.There's bands like BMTH where a change works well, and then there's... This. Only bearable songs are Explicit, Eve, and Alone in a Room. The rest are just boring, and don't get me started on the awful rap track. The Black was 100 times better than this.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, NightAngel said:

My Unofficial KL Review

please check it out!

hmmmm... what's this?...

309870369_nar02.png.0d873f258f0838c2011e001a4b8d3643.png

New Review Every Week!

vultures is up there for one of my all time least favorite aa songs. i think it's terrible. shrugs. 

4 hours ago, NightAngel said:

hmmmm... what's this?...

?

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

1 minute ago, Dwesk said:

?

He wants people to read his grammar faulty review

it is CRITIQUE not CRITIC @NightAngel

brdsx.gif

14 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

He wants people to read his grammar faulty review

it is CRITIQUE not CRITIC @NightAngel

auto-correct has never been good to me.

• Upvote 1

New Review Every Week!

3 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

auto-correct has never been good to me.

nor to most.

2 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

nor to most.

Happy you could take that like a Big Boy and not get mad

• Upvote 1

brdsx.gif

i know its not SU&S or R&R... but ... this album is actually good

I write this post happily eating my words saying this album would be "generic radio rock trash" - this album is actually really great! It's a far cry from the AA I fell in love with but it's a great album with great lyrics and a really well-done mix. I commend these guys on a job well done.

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

1 hour ago, BRDSX said:

nor to most.

Happy you could take that like a Big Boy and not get mad

since you've brought it up, I've taken a look at myself on this platform and decided to try and not be as clashing as I once was on here, even going back and rewriting some of my recent comments after I realize that they don't need to be said that way.

New Review Every Week!

Just now, NightAngel said:

since you've brought it up, I've taken a look at myself on this platform and decided to try and not be as brutal as I once was on here, even going back and rewriting some of my recent comments after I realize that they don't need to be said that way.

that is a bit much, just saying happy you could take what I said and not cry about it.

brdsx.gif