xcblackdiamond

Story of the Year - Wolves (2017)

58 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, manoverboard679 said:

Kills me to say but this was pretty underwhelming. A lot softer than I expected and nothing really rips besides the 1st song. Good for them trying for radio success but it's just not the sound I want from them 

Haven't they always played radio type music? This album really seems to follow their usual formula which doesn't bother me personally.

• Upvote 1

Guess I gotta check this out, thanks for the share!

• Upvote 1

I am a HUGE SOTY fan. I think this album is the kind that will grow on people as you listen to it over and over. I can see how it's not as bangin' as previous LP's. Is this their best work...probably not...but it is definitely a great album that will be listened to over and over. And personally i love the little 80's vibe some of the tracks have.  

• Upvote 2

Half of this album is fairly great as far as SOTY or regular alt.rock goes, then the other half is absolute filler to decent tunes. My Home was hard not to skip, very bad. Noticed that most of the intros/outros are super cool, the 4th song (interlude) was also a damn cool interlude. Closer is impressive :)

• Upvote 1

This band is growing up with 90's kids, no matter what I keep appreciate what they do, this album really amazing.

• Upvote 1

dude this album RIPS. very Anberlin-esque, not gonna lie. I'm into that.

• Upvote 1

Although im pretty disappointed, im still hella happy for them coming back and have full respect for the band. 

5 hours ago, surrendersky said:

Nothing wrong with being Into Anberlin, fucking band was great and singer is top tier.

7 hours ago, surrendersky said:

Agree with the Anberlin sound, likely because of Aaron Sprinkle..def wouldn't say it rips tho 

ya this definitely rips, the closer is EXCELLENT. 

• Upvote 1

Solid record, maybe it's not a material you would call album of the year but it's definitely story of the year

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Such a good release. Love it! Thanks!

• Upvote 1

You weirdos expecting some heavy post hardcore album lol, sorry. This is a damn good SOTY album though.

• Love 3

Love it! what i like the most is that there is still that '00 emo vibe which many similar bands lost in their newer releases, and they found a way to make it sound more actual. Respect!

I think this has been my favorite, if not, one of my favorite releases of 2017. The only album that has a chance of beating it now is Eminem's Revival. Then 2018, i feel like i can tell the new ETF album will be my favorite

was pretty stoked to see soty drop a new album, used to watch these guys at little shows here in stl when they were big blue monkey

Just wanted to mention the 320 is actually VBR, not that anyone cares anyway :rolleyes:

Just now, drownwithmatt said:

Just wanted to mention the 320 is actually VBR, not that anyone cares anyway :rolleyes:

VBR V0 lives matter

VBR V0 > 320

Just now, BRDSX said:

VBR V0 lives matter

VBR V0 > 320

I honestly don't mind either :P

Bonus track added, thanks @labx!