Sign in to follow this  
Rorschach

Glassjaw - Material Control (2017)

65 posts in this topic

Just now, LKA said:

he said "Like" not "Love"

i am a rebel leave me alone

Other Releases by

Not falling into the trap, good stuff but all previous is better.

Alright, this is definitely a huge AOTY contender. What a great album is this! Post-hardcore done the right way.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Ossy33xxx said:

i thought the Coloring Book ep from 2011 was the best thing they've ever put out.

ME TOO.  

• Upvote 1

Probably gonna get flamed for this but what even the fuck is this? Sounds like one long acid trip. I almost blew my brains out :/ 

9 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

Probably gonna get flamed for this but what even the fuck is this? Sounds like one long acid trip. I almost blew my brains out :/ 

Hey man, to each is own. Not everyone was going to like this. It's an early 2000's post-hardcore sound isn't for everyone. To those that were around back then and listened to this kind of stuff, this new album is pure nostalgia after 15 years.

• Love 1

damn this new deftones is legit, better than their last.....oh wait

I fucking love this. Seriously some of the most well-crafted music I've heard in a while. I do agree that it can be a little drone-y at times, but the meat of the record is really nice. The bass tone is juicy. So happy.

• Upvote 1

I love glassjaw and I know I like this i just can't tell how much yet, but holy fucking riffs on this album!  Don't give up boys this album is going to be a grower.

8 hours ago, FallenZA said:

Favorite Genre:Metalcore
 Favorite Artist:Mutiny Within

yep go figure

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, coachlow said:

CURRENT STATUS: ERECT

You figure out that scrolling/mouse cursor issue?.......

New Glassjaw is amazing because it is Glassjaw. That is how it works right? If they had a normal album cycle people wouldn't think this is THAT great.

But 15yrs = gold.

listen thru 3 times. not that good imo. hopefully it grows

On 2/12/2017 at 8:38 PM, BRDSX said:

New Glassjaw is amazing because it is Glassjaw. That is how it works right? If they had a normal album cycle people wouldn't think this is THAT great.

But 15yrs = gold.

The fact that it's being 15 years since their last records doesn't mean it's good. Maybe people are enjoying this record because it is actually good. 

If Poison released a new album right now I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be amazing just because it's been over a decade since their last effort, if music is shitty people won't enjoy it. If people is enjoying this album is because music is great, not because the context. For not falling into the trap you are caring too much about other's people opinions.

2 minutes ago, Crust said:

The fact that it's being 15 years since their last records doesn't mean it's good. Maybe people are enjoying this record because it is actually good. 

If Poison released a new album right now I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be amazing just because it's been over a decade since their last effort, if music is shitty people won't enjoy it. If people is enjoying this album is because music is great, not because the context. For not falling into the trap you are caring too much about other's people opinions.

very sensitive, a huge trend lately here on KL, and you just brought up Poison...so..yea. Thanks man lol.

Just now, BRDSX said:

very sensitive, a huge trend lately here on KL, and you just brought up Poison...so..yea.

And yet you didn't say anything related to the topic. That says a lot about you. Just MY opinion.

4 minutes ago, Crust said:

And yet you didn't say anything related to the topic. That says a lot about you. Just MY opinion.

lol ok, i actually started the topic you responded to, I will let you go now on whatever it is you are trying to do, you baffle me sometimes, but I respect you.

Just now, BRDSX said:

lol ok, i actually started the topic you responded to, I will let you go now on whatever it is you are trying to do, you baffle me sometimes, but I respect you.

My point is simple: if you think this is not good as their last efforts, congratulations for not failing into the trap but let people enjoy this album if they want to enjoy their album. They are not enjoying this because it's being 15 years, if that was a true fact, next Poison album will be the best heavy metal album of the century. Sounds really stupid huh? So does your opinion.

1 minute ago, Crust said:

My point is simple: if you think this is not good as their last efforts, congratulations for not failing into the trap but let people enjoy this album if they want to enjoy their album. They are not enjoying this because it's being 15 years, if that was a true fact, next Poison album will be the best heavy metal album of the century. Sounds really stupid huh? So does your opinion.

are you done? 

Just now, BRDSX said:

are you done? 

Yes, too bad you can't man up and have a discussion about music without thinking people are fighting you.

Just now, Crust said:

Yes, too bad you can't man up and have a discussion about music without thinking people are fighting you.

So we are done ...now?

Way more laidback than what I was expecting but great fucking album. 

• Upvote 1

Guest asakaz

I'm late to this band, but this is decent, I'd say.

Guest joshcrates

Not going to be a popular take, but this is some of their most unremarkable material to date. Maybe 1-2 standouts... but man, the rest is uninspired percussion and generic chuggy guitars (especially for the genre itself, which they helped pioneer a wave of back in the late 90s and early aughts). Sounds like a watered down version of 2002 GJ instead of looking forward. I was so excited for this given how amazing "Coloring Book" was, but after 3 listens I don't know if I'll listen again... Highly recommend "Coloring Book" EP, though, if you haven't heard it. Only 6 songs, but full of of melody, interesting drum patterns and some of Palumbo's best hooks.