Sign in to follow this  
Rorschach

Glassjaw - Material Control (2017)

65 posts in this topic

Just now, LKA said:

 

he said "Like" not "Love"

i am a rebel leave me alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other Releases by

Not falling into the trap, good stuff but all previous is better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, this is definitely a huge AOTY contender. What a great album is this! Post-hardcore done the right way.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ossy33xxx said:

i thought the Coloring Book ep from 2011 was the best thing they've ever put out.

ME TOO.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably gonna get flamed for this but what even the fuck is this? Sounds like one long acid trip. I almost blew my brains out :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

Probably gonna get flamed for this but what even the fuck is this? Sounds like one long acid trip. I almost blew my brains out :/ 

 

Hey man, to each is own. Not everyone was going to like this. It's an early 2000's post-hardcore sound isn't for everyone. To those that were around back then and listened to this kind of stuff, this new album is pure nostalgia after 15 years.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn this new deftones is legit, better than their last.....oh wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fucking love this. Seriously some of the most well-crafted music I've heard in a while. I do agree that it can be a little drone-y at times, but the meat of the record is really nice. The bass tone is juicy. So happy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love glassjaw and I know I like this i just can't tell how much yet, but holy fucking riffs on this album!  Don't give up boys this album is going to be a grower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FallenZA said:

Probably gonna get flamed for this but what even the fuck is this? Sounds like one long acid trip. I almost blew my brains out :/ 

 

 

 Favorite Genre:Metalcore
 Favorite Artist:Mutiny Within

yep go figure

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coachlow said:

CURRENT STATUS: ERECT

You figure out that scrolling/mouse cursor issue?.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Glassjaw is amazing because it is Glassjaw. That is how it works right? If they had a normal album cycle people wouldn't think this is THAT great.

 

But 15yrs = gold.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

listen thru 3 times. not that good imo. hopefully it grows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2017 at 8:38 PM, BRDSX said:

New Glassjaw is amazing because it is Glassjaw. That is how it works right? If they had a normal album cycle people wouldn't think this is THAT great.

 

But 15yrs = gold.

 

The fact that it's being 15 years since their last records doesn't mean it's good. Maybe people are enjoying this record because it is actually good. 

If Poison released a new album right now I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be amazing just because it's been over a decade since their last effort, if music is shitty people won't enjoy it. If people is enjoying this album is because music is great, not because the context. For not falling into the trap you are caring too much about other's people opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Crust said:

The fact that it's being 15 years since their last records doesn't mean it's good. Maybe people are enjoying this record because it is actually good. 

If Poison released a new album right now I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be amazing just because it's been over a decade since their last effort, if music is shitty people won't enjoy it. If people is enjoying this album is because music is great, not because the context. For not falling into the trap you are caring too much about other's people opinions.

very sensitive, a huge trend lately here on KL, and you just brought up Poison...so..yea. Thanks man lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BRDSX said:

very sensitive, a huge trend lately here on KL, and you just brought up Poison...so..yea.

And yet you didn't say anything related to the topic. That says a lot about you. Just MY opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crust said:

And yet you didn't say anything related to the topic. That says a lot about you. Just MY opinion.

lol ok, i actually started the topic you responded to, I will let you go now on whatever it is you are trying to do, you baffle me sometimes, but I respect you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BRDSX said:

lol ok, i actually started the topic you responded to, I will let you go now on whatever it is you are trying to do, you baffle me sometimes, but I respect you.

My point is simple: if you think this is not good as their last efforts, congratulations for not failing into the trap but let people enjoy this album if they want to enjoy their album. They are not enjoying this because it's being 15 years, if that was a true fact, next Poison album will be the best heavy metal album of the century. Sounds really stupid huh? So does your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crust said:

My point is simple: if you think this is not good as their last efforts, congratulations for not failing into the trap but let people enjoy this album if they want to enjoy their album. They are not enjoying this because it's being 15 years, if that was a true fact, next Poison album will be the best heavy metal album of the century. Sounds really stupid huh? So does your opinion.

are you done? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BRDSX said:

are you done? 

Yes, too bad you can't man up and have a discussion about music without thinking people are fighting you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crust said:

Yes, too bad you can't man up and have a discussion about music without thinking people are fighting you.

So we are done ...now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way more laidback than what I was expecting but great fucking album. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest asakaz

I'm late to this band, but this is decent, I'd say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest joshcrates

Not going to be a popular take, but this is some of their most unremarkable material to date. Maybe 1-2 standouts... but man, the rest is uninspired percussion and generic chuggy guitars (especially for the genre itself, which they helped pioneer a wave of back in the late 90s and early aughts). Sounds like a watered down version of 2002 GJ instead of looking forward. I was so excited for this given how amazing "Coloring Book" was, but after 3 listens I don't know if I'll listen again... Highly recommend "Coloring Book" EP, though, if you haven't heard it. Only 6 songs, but full of of melody, interesting drum patterns and some of Palumbo's best hooks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Copyright © 2013-2019 Kingdom Leaks.