PassTheLeaks is currently down. They are working on restoring access right now.
Lord Kingdom

The Faceless - In Becoming a Ghost (2017)

27 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - December 1, 2017
Genre - Progressive Death Metal
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR; FLAC

Tracklist:

1. In Becoming a Ghost
2. Digging the Grave
3. Black Star
4. Cup of Mephistopheles
5. The Spiraling Void
6. Shake the Disease
7. I Am
8. Ghost Reprise
9. (Instru)mental Illness
10. The Terminal Breath

Downloads

Support!

Facebook / iTunes / Physical

Edited by Lord Rorschach
FLAC added!

Ooooohhh yea..and that artwork>

It's actually worth the wait?!

I ordered my vinyl just for the artwork and pink pressing, but was assuming this would be shit after all of the delays and in-band drama.

The band is always on some drama because of this and that but musically they are talented as fuck. I was not a fan of Autotheism but this is WAY better. I love how they changed their sound from Akeldama to this and they keep me hyped for more. See you guys in 2022 for the new album.

I thought this is really nice, maybe even too much singing at certain songs, but overall it felt almost like listening to Slice The Cake in terms of variety of genres and overall style. 

Surprisingly short for the tracklist length, but still great. I think I prefer Autotheism (which might just be because this is still fresh, and a little short), but they have yet to release a bad album.

:fap: out of 10.

Awesome stuff, a lot of quirky shit going on in this album as well, throughly enjoy.

Fun fact:Shake the disease is a Depeche Mode cover. 

I want to thank you again for this leak -- I think....I think I hate this album? After two listens I'm just as cynical about it as I was for Autotheism. Then I contacted Sumerian and had them cancel my paid pre-order. $40 back in my bank account!

Sorceron's vocals are KILLER and I like the mix. Drums sound meh. Guitar is great.

But it's the scatterbrained nature of the songs themselves that made me dislike this.

I mean...one song is clearly an old instrumental demo that they didn't do vox for yet but padded the album with it

Two tracks are really, really cheesy spoken word tracks

And another two tracks have been on YouTube for what feels like years.

So then we get 3 real new songs, and they have strange progressions and a flute solo.

Then....in these few moments in a couple of songs where it's REALLY groovin' along, Keene starts over-singing, and singing too often.

Like...this took 5 years? It clearly didn't, as besides those 2 early tracks, they started from scratch with the new lineup. But the 5 year wait makes this feel more like an EP.

I actually dont think Ken's vocals fit very well. The Spiraling Void still retains Derek's vocals and they fit the style WAY better. The album as a whole is okay, but it doesn't flow well at ALL, and the track Shake The Disease is awful, i dunno what Keene was thinking on that.

Yeah, it's no coincidence that  The Spiraling Void is the best song on here. Derek killed it live when i saw them a few years back.

Shake the Disease....ugh.

Like, I know this album is basically about Keene's addiction issues, but it sort of turned into another "me me me me me me me" album. I just wish the other members got to shine more, and the lyrics were more well-written.

Should have known that The Faceless will always be orchestrated by him. But I guess I expected more. Some great moments on the album, but yeah, it's the flow that kills me.

Impressed on how it came out, much negativity sorrounding this release. Not stellar, but still an enjoyable listen, and oh those guitars