mR12

KL 3.0 [11/7]

29 posts in this topic

KL 3.0 | November 7, 2017

Can you remember back to what Kingdom Leaks looked like a few years ago? Since then, we've come such a long way and been through so much. We've dealt with a domain seizure, DDoS attacks, and an annoying but saddening sabotage. In February of this year, we were forced to upgrade our community after our beloved old software went kaput. As winter approaches and as KL 2.0 has been strained to its max efficiency, it seemed fit that we retire it but build upon it to produce a more streamlined, secure site...

This is KL 3.0.

New Features

• New Theme: We've given Kingdom Leaks fresh, new look it deserves with a new theme. Among other improvements, KL 3.0's theme includes a sticky header that moves with you as you browse the siteSticky header has some functionality issues; will be disabled until fixed.
  • Leaderboard: Under Browse you'll find the community leaderboard. Here you can see who our top members are, all-time or day by day. You'll also see who has "won the day" on members' profile pages.
    • pYZQ9U8.png
  • Improved Mentions: On every post, you can now mention other members with ease:
    • gfVvHFD.png
  • Back to Top: Simple and sweet. A nice looking arrow to get you to the top of the page in an instant.
  • Social Info: Now you can add social profile and gaming contact links to your profile! They'll show up on your member card in topics, hover card, and on your profile page. To edit this, click on your profile and then hit "Social Info"
    • IudJSjm.png
  • Member Colors: Colors for members now show almost everywhere, like on topics.

Security: Two-Factor Authentication

• We strongly urge you to complete this part of your account. This is a brand new feature and an attempt to secure our site. There are two methods of 2FA currently employed:
    • Google Authenticator: I personally recommend this app which is available on most mobile device platforms.
    • Security Questions: An extra layer of security for your account.
  • If you clicked on the "Opt-Out" button when the alert dialog popped up, you can STILL enable 2FA. Simply visit your Account Settings under the Profile dropdown.

Redefined Staff/New Provider

• We've reworked our Staff to include members that, although don't post, contribute in other, very important ways. Please welcome (although they have been helping for quite a while) @Billy Mays, our Graphic Designer, and @Aria, who is our new Social Media Manager!
  • We also want to formally welcome and introduce @D666N to the team! He's been with us for a couple weeks now and is doing a great job. Keep it up!
  • Bios! Read about your most humble KL servants on the Staff Directory.
  • (**Sidenote: That dramatic post about how I was leaving,  yadda-yadda. Meh, I'll be around for as long as KL needs me :) )

Other Changes/Improvements

• Link to previous month added to Upcoming Releases tab.
  • "New Downloads" under Browse now includes Singles.
  • Measures taken to address frequent downtime of the Download Server. Visit KLStatus for more details and updates.
  • TitanEmbeds dropped. Goodbye! Though it won't be missed -  no one used it.

Future Plans

• Awards: We've received feedback from members about wanting this back. It is planned for the near future!
  • Full HTTPS: We want to get as many pages showing that beautiful green lock indicating a secure connection. Only some pages have it thus far.

Suggestions? Feedback?

• Feel free (no, please) post thoughts about KL 3.0 on below or in the Bugs / Suggestions forum! We love hearing from you guys!

KL versions.gif

-KL Staff

Loving the new layout, will take some getting used to what with everything being on the right hand side of the site now on the homepage. Glad to see you're planning on bringing back awards (bring back the thirsty award PLEASE). Other than that, always makes me happy to see us constantly getting upgrades. Keep up the good work.

Edit: Please also bring in the infamous angry react.

2 minutes ago, foxhound said:

Looks rad as fuck tbh but can we get a switch to change the layout form right side to left side? that would be my only complain, good job doe

The theme kinda gets messed up when you move it over there. Honestly, it's just a matter of getting used to it. Just as we got used to only one column on KL 1.0 :D

23 minutes ago, mR12 said:

The theme kinda gets messed up when you move it over there. Honestly, it's just a matter of getting used to it. Just as we got used to only one column on KL 1.0 :D

all good then, keep it uuuuuup

I'm loving the new layout. Well done guys! Gotta thank you for everything!

1 hour ago, ThatStonerGuyyy said:

Loving the new theme. I'm not one for actually using my account too much tho. I'm basically just a leecher. But I'd like to change that. I just hardly know how to use the site properly.

We need more people like you to start posting! Congrats for wanting to change that!

Looks good, but the right hand side album links looks and feels awkward. I don't know many websites that put key content on the right hand side. It's not intuitive.

3 hours ago, ThatStonerGuyyy said:

Loving the new theme. I'm not one for actually using my account too much tho. I'm basically just a leecher. But I'd like to change that. I just hardly know how to use the site properly.

Are you on the discord? If not, that would be the best thing to do to start :) you need a discord account and then just click on chat -> join server and follow the instructions

3 hours ago, BradH13 said:

Looks good, but the right hand side album links looks and feels awkward. I don't know many websites that put key content on the right hand side. It's not intuitive.

Sure there are! Here are just a few:

Those were just in my history on my browser.

Like I said above, I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. We had the same "issue" back in February when we didn't have two columns - since March we haven't had continued concerns.

Looks great! Thanks for the work on the update.

Just two things I noticed so far:

1. It's called a "sticky" header, not a "non-sticky". Sticky meaning it sticks.
  2. When the header is stuck to the top, any item in the right-side set of buttons (not the navigation on the left) that has a dropdown (another panel that shows up when clicked or hovered), it goes away about a second after you place your mouse in the box (i.e.: Move you mouse outside of the sticky header), resulting in the items to be unusable.

10 hours ago, mR12 said:

Sure there are! Here are just a few:

Those were just in my history on my browser.

Like I said above, I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. We had the same "issue" back in February when we didn't have two columns - since March we haven't had continued concerns.

I'm sure you're right. My comment wasn't as negative as it may have read as, by the way. Haha.