Rorschach

Like Moths to Flames - Dark Divine (2017)

56 posts in this topic

Wow this is super boring and bland. Aside from the occasional riff or catchy vocal pattern every song sounds damn near the same. I respect trying to evolve as a band but this just was not the way to do it. 

Other Releases by

After a few listens, I don't think this tops An Eye For An Eye, for me. Still pretty good. Some of the choruses are super weak though. Was not a fan of Mischief Managed or Instinctive Intuition at all :/ 

On 10/31/2017 at 1:17 AM, Dwesk said:

I don't know fellas, trying real hard to enjoy this more than just decent background noise but the album only tries to shine during the bridges and some verses, most choruses are just showed down your throat up to five times per songs while being monotone as fuck. I actually started laughing while listening to Instinctive Intuition and 2:40, it's like they gave up even putting in effort for any sort of transition and just pasted in another chorus just for the sake of it. Fucking hell.

While their sound constantly evolves and I'd say this is the best they've sounded yet (just the bridges alone are fucking great most of the time), their songwriting is as dogshit as it ever was, and it makes it really hard to enjoy this.

I wouldn't voluntarily listen to this album more than once. I did like the song Dark Divine. I just think it's a weak album. This is definitely not AOTY material

On 31.10.2017 at 9:17 AM, Dwesk said:

I don't know fellas, trying real hard to enjoy this more than just decent background noise but the album only tries to shine during the bridges and some verses, most choruses are just showed down your throat up to five times per songs while being monotone as fuck. I actually started laughing while listening to Instinctive Intuition and 2:40, it's like they gave up even putting in effort for any sort of transition and just pasted in another chorus just for the sake of it. Fucking hell.

While their sound constantly evolves and I'd say this is the best they've sounded yet (just the bridges alone are fucking great most of the time), their songwriting is as dogshit as it ever was, and it makes it really hard to enjoy this.

That's exactly what i thought about this and new WCAR. Good background music, but sadly that's about it.

t2DLnik.png

56 minutes ago, Voinolin said:

That's exactly what i thought about this and new WCAR. Good background music, but sadly that's about it.

Oh I don't think it's anything above a strong 7 either, but it's still a huge return for them and I think it's my fave album of theirs, wouldn't even make my top 50 of this year tho, that's for sure, but the idea is, take Encoder, Vultures With Clipped Wings and some other song and you'll see just how varied in general ideas and songwriting it is in comparison to the album discussed here, it's not even on the same level.

On a similar note, a band like Polaris (out tomorrow as well lol) can release any tune from their upcoming album or any tune from their last EP and everyone will think that it's a damn firey tune worthy of a single, then you play the fucking EP and realize that all the songs are single worthy but varied and good enough. These guys think "oh man we're gonna release 11 firey single type tunes with plenty choruses and plenty heavies" and then none are up to par. :|

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

1 hour ago, Voinolin said:

I feel this way about a lot of popular bands that released new albums this year. Nothing but background music

On 10/31/2017 at 9:19 AM, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

They should've just scrapped the rest of the album and made 10 more versions of False Idol

They already did that with their first 3 albums, bud.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

When will 320kbps arrive?  =)

• Love 1

4 hours ago, VivaVendetta said:

They already did that with their first 3 albums, bud.

Don't call me bud, guy. 

3 hours ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Don't call me bud, guy. 

Yeahhh don't call me guy, pal.

3 hours ago, Voinolin said:

320 & FLAC added!

Big thanks, peace!

Way better than their last record. This is some quality stuff right here!

Words can't describe how much I love this album :wub:

• Love 1

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

I wanted to like this much more than I did. Still, pretty solid release, but I don't think it will top the other 3 for me.
New Plagues, Dark Divine and False Idol are my favorites.

This album is amazing! Thank You! 

love the positive feedback on this, shows the ones hating on it are TRYING real hard. Outstanding album.

brdsx.gif

I cannot get over how fucking amazing this album is, almost a month in and I still bump this daily. 

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses