Lord Rorschach

Like Moths to Flames - Dark Divine (2017)

54 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - November 3rd, 2017

Genre - Post-Hardcore / Metalcore

Quality - MP3 320 kbps CBR; FLAC

Tracklist
1. New Plagues (03:55)
2. Nowhere Left to Sink (03:50)
3. Shallow Truths for Shallow Minds (03:39)
4. Dark Divine (03:41)
5. Empty the Same (03:55)
6. From the Dust Returned (04:05)
7. Even God Has a Hell (04:24)
8. Mischief Managed (03:34)
9. Instinctive Intuition (03:44)
10. The Skeletons I Keep (04:04)
11. False Idol (03:31)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

Loved When We Don't Exist, never got completely in Eye For An Eye.. The Dying Things We Live For was OK but each song was too similar and repetitive so it got boring quick... This is easily their best work yet. Really highlights Chris' great clean vocals.

Tempted to give this a spin tbh.

Though I have to ask if the entire album is 128? Or are the previous singles 320?

That'll probably decide it for me.

I've been waiting for this since their first single release. I love this band and i love their new sound, powerful and groovy.  Maybe the AOTM for me.

Edit: After listening the whole album several times, i must say this is a pretty solid release. All the songs on this album are amazing. Favorite song: Even God Has a Hell

Definite AOTY material here holy geeezz... My top AOTY contenders so far is Trivium, Veil Of Maya, Neck Deep, and now this masterpiece.. 2017 has had its ups and downs when it comes to new music but any good albums that come out makes me forget about the crappy releases this year *cough, cough, new Hollywood Undead and new The Used, cough* lol

I don't know fellas, trying real hard to enjoy this more than just decent background noise but the album only tries to shine during the bridges and some verses, most choruses are just showed down your throat up to five times per songs while being monotone as fuck. I actually started laughing while listening to Instinctive Intuition and 2:40, it's like they gave up even putting in effort for any sort of transition and just pasted in another chorus just for the sake of it. Fucking hell.

While their sound constantly evolves and I'd say this is the best they've sounded yet (just the bridges alone are fucking great most of the time), their songwriting is as dogshit as it ever was, and it makes it really hard to enjoy this.

These guys are one of my favourite bands and very capable of writing amazing music, they have shown that with each release, especially The Dream Is Dead. Feels like they didnt really try with this one.. 

4 hours ago, Dwesk said:

I don't know fellas, trying real hard to enjoy this more than just decent background noise but the album only tries to shine during the bridges and some verses, most choruses are just showed down your throat up to five times per songs while being monotone as fuck. I actually started laughing while listening to Instinctive Intuition and 2:40, it's like they gave up even putting in effort for any sort of transition and just pasted in another chorus just for the sake of it. Fucking hell.

While their sound constantly evolves and I'd say this is the best they've sounded yet (just the bridges alone are fucking great most of the time), their songwriting is as dogshit as it ever was, and it makes it really hard to enjoy this.

Well I have to agree with you that even if the whole package is catchy af, as I said on this forum to many times, I can’t stand repetitive lyrics / choruses. I myself wrote some lyrics to translate them as songs afterward, and never did I repeat the same shit twice. I guess it’s a matter of tastes once again, but originality really lack in many musical genre... Just trying a little harder to fit the lyrics for a whole song would help a whole lot... I really don’t get how some bands think that repeating the same chorus 5 times in a song is such a good artistic idea.. When I hear a cool part in a song I’ll be excited to listen again, but when it’s 5 times in just one tune, what’s the point..