LKA

The Used - The Canyon (2017)

93 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, JoshRaptorTire said:

I love the used but after first listen this is very messy. Needs more spins but so far not really diggin it. Thank you Tho!!

I agree. I'm a definitely at risk of loving their stuff with a bias. Unfortunately, this album sounds unmastered! Kind of in disbelief listening to it

• Love 1

What does "meh" even mean....

Um....

Wow so many fucking haters 'Judging' Bert & this album, can't you all just fucking be happy they released another album.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8nynkqejqhog

2d62bbe51f1c2b6966f8524c99e96ac8.jpg

rak.jpg

They have 25+ more sings recorded so expect a deluxe or maybe another album from The Used....if your still a fan & or after your done whining about how sucky this album is....:rolleyes:

• Love 1

rak.jpg

2 hours ago, herbdean said:

I agree. I'm a definitely at risk of loving their stuff with a bias. Unfortunately, this album sounds unmastered! Kind of in disbelief listening to it

Unmastered? It's Ross Robinson? Slipknot, korn, glassjaw. It's the sound he does. It's just their first time using someone besides Feldy so it sounds different.

• Love 1

I'm not sure how to feel about this album yet. I'm trying to take off my nostalgia-tinted goggles while listening to it but it's hard.

3 hours ago, Lugz820 said:

Um....

Wow so many fucking haters 'Judging' Bert & this album, can't you all just fucking be happy they released another album.Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 7.59.03 PM.png

• Love 3

brdsx.gif

This album is fantastic to me and I am not a used fan.  Just my opinion .

• Love 1

This album is quite an interesting listen. Very diverse. Jesus Crust approves.

• Love 1

NO thanks.

Oh how I loved their s/t. :cry:

• Love 1

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

Some of you need to go on YouTube apparently. Maybe read an article or two, I promise they're not too long...

Bert explains the production of the album, and how they WANTED it to sound/feel like it was "live". They wanted it raw, and messy. He also explains what inspired the album, the albums name, and you get to hear it right away in the opening of "For You". I've been a fan since the beginning, and I personally love what I've heard so far, and I can agree to disagree with those who do. But, a few of you should go watch the 1 min clips they posted, you might find yourself appreciating this album a little more. 

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Blurryface said:

Some of you need to go on YouTube apparently. Maybe read an article or two, I promise they're not too long...

Bert explains the production of the album, and how they WANTED it to sound/feel like it was "live". They wanted it raw, and messy. He also explains what inspired the album, the albums name, and you get to hear it right away in the opening of "For You". I've been a fan since the beginning, and I personally love what I've heard so far, and I can agree to disagree with those who do. But, a few of you should go watch the 1 min clips they posted, you might find yourself appreciating this album a little more. 

SO STOP FUCKING WHINING.....

FFFUUUCCCKKK

rak.jpg

4 hours ago, BRDSX said:
7 hours ago, Lugz820 said:

Um....

Wow so many fucking haters 'Judging' Bert & this album, can't you all just fucking be happy they released another album.Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 7.59.03 PM.png

No shit, but who says that.....I don't hear or see anyone else just say "MEH" ... if we did we would all be walking around with helmets on our heads. Can't you just leave me the fuck alone, please. You already caused me to leave the discord chat. Don't say else to me or about my comments.

PTFOF.

rak.jpg

46 minutes ago, Lugz820 said:

No shit, but who says that.....I don't hear or see anyone else just say "MEH" ... if we did we would all be walking around with helmets on our heads. Can't you just leave me the fuck alone, please. You already caused me to leave the discord chat. Don't say else to me or about my comments.

PTFOF.

How can you get this emotional about someone on the internet commenting "meh" lmao

• Love 4

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

4 hours ago, Blurryface said:

Exactly. They tracked this album live and to tape, to make it sound more like an old-school rock record, without any audio/vocal corrections, etc. I think it's supposed to be the Used at their rawest and after 6 albums of polished records, I think this is kind of refreshing. 

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, darklydreamingpeter said:

Exactly. They tracked this album live and to tape, to make it sound more like an old-school rock record, without any audio/vocal corrections, etc. I think it's supposed to be the Used at their rawest and after 6 albums of polished records, I think this is kind of refreshing. 

Especially after their MOST polished one. Quite a jump.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Imo the album is pretty lacklustre.

I myself, have no clue why there was as much hype as there was for this.

Tha's just me tho.

Probably won't listen to this again, production is still a thing. As amazing as your stuff can be, if the production is shitty i won't give it much chances. And yes, i read why they went with it, does't change my mind though.

Tl;dr: Nah thanks.

• Love 2

t2DLnik.png

de longe minha banda favorita em todo o mundo, espero que esteja bom.

Just now, xmaah said:

de longe minha banda favorita em todo o mundo, espero que esteja bom.

same tbh

• Love 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

8 hours ago, Lugz820 said:

PTFOF.

tenor.gif?itemid=5088705 

• Love 2

brdsx.gif

Nah this is pretty disappointing. I really it thought I'd like their music again but after listening to this I'm good. Seems sloppy and all over the place. Justin's guitar parts didn't stand out either seem muffled in the mix.  

11 hours ago, Lugz820 said:

SO STOP FUCKING WHINING.....

FFFUUUCCCKKK

I guess you're referring to the others? 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, darklydreamingpeter said:

Couldn't agree more. I was originally going to put that in my post but it was a little long as it was haha. 

I think this album is really going to resonate with Used fans, the ones who REALLY love/like The Used. The more I listen the more it grows on me. I think that's possible for the casual fan, but very likely for the former. I rarely post on here cause it seems very toxic at times. If you want to post your review/opinion, regardless of what it is, I think that's great, but I'd love to see people stop "bashing" certain albums/bands and especially the people that like em. There's really no point and it just causes problems and drama. Just my opinion for what it's worth. I greatly appreciate KL regardless! 

i like it, i dont love it. Looking forward to lossless. Artwork is and will always be a masterpiece, imo anyway.

Even knowing the background of the album and why they recorded it in this manner, there is still a reason why live recordings aren't the norm. This isn't the Misfits recorded in 1981 or something. It sounds weak when listening, regardless of WHY it was recorded that way. Also, not every band can pull a Thrice or a Sum 41 and just make a total departure from their early stuff and keep most of their fans, if not gain more. 

I do like a few songs like Upper Falls. As a Used fan since 2002, I can't get into this.