Lord Rorschach

We Came As Romans - Cold Like War (2017)

53 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - October 20, 2017

Genre - Metalcore, Post-Hardcore

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR; FLAC

Tracklist:

1. Vultures with Clipped Wings (04:04)
2. Cold Like War (03:46)
3. Two Hands (03:53)
4. Lost in the Moment (04:12)
5. Foreign Fire (03:53)
6. Wasted Age (03:46)
7. Encoder (03:19)
8. If There's Nothing to See (feat. Eric Vanlerberghe) (04:35)
9. Promise Me (03:45)
10. Learning to Survive (04:29)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

Edited by Lord Rorschach
FLAC added!

lyrically questionable throughout particularly on the song "If There's Nothing to See" and I can certainly do without some of the choruses repeating over and over three times throughout a song, but it's definitely a step up from the last album (that's not saying much though as the last album was god awful), a lot heavier (would you believe me if I said that "Encoder" goes full on djent at points) and more varied, for better or worse (Promise Me for example sounds like a top 40 electronic song, whereas Encoder is half issues style turntable scratching and loops, then goes djent with the guitar tone). the pre-released singles are the very clear highlights of the album, a few forgettable ones like Two Hands but overall ok.

Tbh I only know their "Tracing back roots" album which wasnt bad, but I am almost certain that even before listening to this one (after hearing leak ofc) - big improvement.

How were other albums compared to TBR or Cold Like War? Would like some (en/dis)couraging feedback :) 

Yes. Finally lol. Thank you.

Edit: Oh bois it's pretty goooooooood.

I NEVER FOUND PEACE BUT NOW I'M FIGHTING A WAAAAAARRRRRRRR! WCAR returning back to their roots from which they've now grown to be from a long ago planted seed. But seriously it's so good. It's so unoften to see a band like these guys return to form. 

6 minutes ago, Shutara said:

Tbh I only know their "Tracing back roots" album which wasnt bad, but I am almost certain that even before listening to this one (after hearing leak ofc) - big improvement.

How were other albums compared to TBR or Cold Like War? Would like some (en/dis)couraging feedback :) 

Their 2 albums before TBR are their best. Self titled before CLW can go straight in the bin imo. Gonna give this a spin rn.

There’s a reason why I have the raven from their ‘UWWGTB’ album on my arm. These guys have returned to form and I fucking love it. The lyrics and concept are just awesome, the heavy is back and it’s not all one boring and repetitive album...it’s diverse and really creative and Kyle sounds better than I thought he would. 

19 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

Second best after To Plant A Seed and it's not even close.

While I too think To Plant a Seed is great, arguably WCAR's best track to track record, I feel like too often we all get hung up on the first full length album by bands in this genre/scene. It's like when people say MMF's best album is their first and even say they dislike The Hollow. Sometimes I think Nostalgia ruins things a bit. Then again we're all guilty of it. Because I'll be the first one to argue if anyone says Linkin Park's best work is anything after HT or Meteora. But regardless of that conversation about how we all see music, this indeed is WCAR's best work by far since TPAS and UWWGTB. TBH had a few decent tracks and I get it was Dave testing his vocal range a bit, but self title was not good...hopefully they never go back that direction. 

Just now, SavageWraith said:

While I too think To Plant a Seed is great, arguably WCAR's best track to track record, I feel like too often we all get hung up on the first full length album by bands in this genre/scene. It's like when people say MMF's best album is their first and even say they dislike The Hollow. Sometimes I think Nostalgia ruins things a bit. Then again we're all guilty of it. Because I'll be the first one to argue if anyone says Linkin Park's best work is anything after HT or Meteora. But regardless of that conversation about how we all see music, this indeed is WCAR's best work by far since TPAS and UWWGTB. TBH had a few decent tracks and I get it was Dave testing his vocal range a bit, but self title was not good...hopefully they never go back that direction. 

I am not hung up, I just like it more, thats all :shrug:

Varied, heavy, and just fun as hell. The featured vocals on 'If There's Nothing To See' blend right in, but pack a decent punch. Easily the best songs these guys have written in years. Everything just flows and sounds great, even 'Promise Me' beats out almost anything off of their self titled. Can't choose a favorite song yet, but holy shit Encoder & Vultures are nice.