LKA

A Perfect Circle - The Doomed (Single) (2017)

18 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Space said:

It's alright, love hearing new Maynard, but the track never seems to go into second gear. 

The thing you have to remember about APC is that their music usually has unique song structures.  Especially the deeper cuts, which this song seems to be, a deep album cut.  If you go back and listen to the latter half of Mer de Noms or Thirteenth Step, you'll see what I mean.  A lot of their songs do not have a second gear.  Or if you check out Ashes Divide, Billy Howerdel's other band, you'll notice that too.

2 hours ago, JPN366 said:

The thing you have to remember about APC is that their music usually has unique song structures.  Especially the deeper cuts, which this song seems to be, a deep album cut.  If you go back and listen to the latter half of Mer de Noms or Thirteenth Step, you'll see what I mean.  A lot of their songs do not have a second gear.  Or if you check out Ashes Divide, Billy Howerdel's other band, you'll notice that too.

Yeah I fully agree, but then it's weird to choose that song as a single for an eventual album when the singles they put out for their previous albums can stand on their own as is (e.g. Judith, The Hollow, The Outsider, Passive, etc..). 

2 hours ago, Space said:

Yeah I fully agree, but then it's weird to choose that song as a single for an eventual album when the singles they put out for their previous albums can stand on their own as is (e.g. Judith, The Hollow, The Outsider, Passive, etc..). 

True, not sure what they're thinking if it is a deep album cut.