PassTheLeaks is currently down. They are working on restoring access right now.
Lord Rorschach

Veil of Maya - False Idol (2017)

101 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, unnadog said:

Are you sure you're listening to the right album? Generic cleans are on ALL songs except tyrant and follow me. Brandon leaving doomed this band. It's pretty funny to watch all these people hop on the bandwagon now they've added cleans. "oh I didn't like them before but now they've got generic cleans they're amazing". Sorry but if you prefer VoM after Brandon then you were never a true VoM fan. This album is garbage. Common mans collapse, ID and even eclipse is better than this trash. Then again these are the same people that think wage war are 10/10.

I can't ever agree with anyone that can muster the self-righteousness to ever think they can somehow determine if someone is a "true fan" or not. Just because someone appreciates a band's later material more than their previous doesn't make them any less of fan. Get over yourself.

1 hour ago, unnadog said:

Are you sure you're listening to the right album? Generic cleans are on ALL songs except tyrant and follow me. Brandon leaving doomed this band. It's pretty funny to watch all these people hop on the bandwagon now they've added cleans. "oh I didn't like them before but now they've got generic cleans they're amazing". Sorry but if you prefer VoM after Brandon then you were never a true VoM fan. This album is garbage. Common mans collapse, ID and even eclipse is better than this trash. Then again these are the same people that think wage war are 10/10.

Lmfao did I trigger you kid? Grow up.

22 hours ago, unnadog said:

Started listening to VoM when Matriarch came out and ID/Common Mans Collapse are much better in my opinion. A true fan wouldn't bitch relentlessly about where the band is going, but rather attempt to adjust to what they are now. Btw I wish there was some merch out for this release, seems to be scarce but I love the album and the art :(

On 10/13/2017 at 5:42 AM, Kapital said:

Just when I thought Veil couldn't have a stronger release than matriarch, they bring this out. Amazing album, the sponce is strong with this one. 

So the singles were decoys?

First of all.. I am really really aware of the talent behind this band, all the members are incredibly talented.
With that said, I thought I would absolutely love this album.. but it didnt happen for me.  I just dont know why.. I guess I'm not into the genre as I thought.
I think I just liked 3 or 4 tracks of this, and just cant stand the others. I dont know man, they seem just fillers to me and not memorable at all, they seem so

''slow''. Matriarch had better song structure to me and memorable moments.
Fracture, Overthrow, Follow me are the real standouts here for me.
Echo chamber has it's special touch
But it ends there for me, maybe I set the standards way too high.
Anybody else felt like this ?

Reading all the comments I had high expectations, but the album really did not engage with me as deep as I thought. Will keep listening.

I guess I'm the only one who disliked this album. I am a little shocked at how many people are saying this is good, let alone AOTY material. There's about 3 songs I think are really good, then there's a few moments that I liked, but overall not blown away at all. Some of it borders on being cringe worthy. (Keep in mind I really do like VoM, I don't get off on being negative about music) I think their last release is still their best. 

I'll keep spinning it though, I want to like it haha