Welcome to Kingdom Leaks

We don't encourage piracy. But we do encourage you to listen to an album before you decide to buy it.

HyperDose

Linkin Park - Battle Symphony (Single) (2017)

46 posts in this topic

That's more like it, much better than Heavy. Still not perfect (very repetitive chorus for example) but at least it's progress

Oh, Lord. I don't know how I can keep on getting disappointed by these guys.
Just wish they'd go back to their early 2000 sound.

Speaking of which... If anyone knows of bands that resemble that sound they are welcome to share

Ad0492 likes this

This is so bad... it's their choice to make whatever music they want to but damn is this really the band that gave us HT and meteora.. but I'll always give their music a shot..

It's a lot better than Heavy, the production is decent, the vocals aren't nearly as cringy. However, the lyrics are largely subpar, if well delivered, and the song has little in the way of dynamics or changes of pace. They said that the album they scrapped before The Hunting Party was like a poppier Living Things, which I would be completely okay with (the production on that album was excellent, with solid shifts and execution - we've only really gotten decent production out of these two singles). I don't expect much from this album. 

Nimue and LKA like this

This is not LP, they've changed absolutely everything what makes their sound unique and great just to get close to urban audience, the song is nice but not my cup of tea :P

BigBadBrownie likes this

One of their biggest fans for more than 13 years...

...now I'm absolutely ashamed of that fact.

Someone has to remind these guys why they're rich as fuck!

I like this more than Heavy. Heavy was the most average pop song possible, Kiiara's solo stuff was heaps better than that, but this is slightly better.

Keep the oncology coming though guys, lovely thread as usual.

foxhound likes this

3 hours ago, BigBadBrownie said:

Oh, Lord. I don't know how I can keep on getting disappointed by these guys.
Just wish they'd go back to their early 2000 sound.

Speaking of which... If anyone knows of bands that resemble that sound they are welcome to share

Personally I'd say DangerKids is similar to early Linkin Park. That's just my opinion though.

31 minutes ago, joshb2316 said:

Personally I'd say DangerKids is similar to early Linkin Park. That's just my opinion though.

Agreed, especially their first album. Maybe darke complex too if you want rap / nu metal.

As for this tune.... terrible! RIP LP

The song is not bad, but... What will do the rest on the band on the concerts? I mean, with Rob & Chester there's no problem, but what about Phoenix, Brad & Mike/Mr. Hahn (depends on who plays the turntables)?

I don't mind the new direction, both this and Heavy are decent... I feel like they could do something more creative with full-on pop music than we've gotten so far from these two singles though. We'll see with the whole album if there's more experimentation or all songs that are this straightforward.

turtaffe and LKA like this

Well all of us original LP fans can look to Our Last Night. They covered "Heavy," and it was really really good. Hopefully they do more from this album so I can still enjoy the music.